• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hidden Mickey Pins for 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidden Mickey Pins for 2013?

Trade Winds Pins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I haven't seen anything yet on ODPT, has anyone heard what may be released in Wave A for 2013 at DLR/WDW? Obviously rumors and speculation at this point, but hey, why not...doesn't harm anyone. :naughty:

Here's the WDW Wave A

277322_479369138750476_1045012578_o.jpg

I'm not really that impressed.

I do like the popcorn characters, but other than that I'm good. I hope we get better pins than WDW because those are disappointing!

well... they are hidden mickeys. lol With the quality of pins over all decreased, does it surprise you the next hidden mickeys are kind of drab?

You have to admit that wave 2 of the DL hidden mickeys were pretty good looking. Though I will agree with you, and I think that the most recent wave 2 were an exception. Remember the Haunted Mansion pet cemetery tombstone hidden mickeys? Ugly enamel and you could not tell if they were real or scrappers! I already had the pet cemetery boxed set from years ago so I was ok skipping on that set.

I think this is why I have never thought of collecting hidden mickeys. The pins lack any pizzazz to make me want to buy a booster pack and go on a scavenger hunt around the park to collect them. Disney needs to offer some better quality pins, which better quality designs. That'll get me to want them!!

Thank you for posting the pictures! I also like the popcorn pins but that's about it. Do you know if one of those sets is the global one (found at both DLR and WDW)? Looking forward to seeing what DLR will release.

Definitely disappointing.
And what's up with the boats of many sightly different colours?!

Those are the Friendship Boats that service the Epcot/Hollywood Studios/Resort Area and across World Showcase Lagoon. Doing those is similar to how they have all the monorails in previous series.

Digs, OMG, I didn't even notice the Zurg pin! I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED that one--I've been collecting Toy Story pins for-ev-er! And compared to other villains (or even just pins in general), there aren't that many Zurgs! Squeeee!

And the Zurg pin, all of those round ones, are re-visting some of the earliest hidden Mickey pins. They are modeled after the parking lot signs at the Magic Kingdom. When the HM's first started the parking lot signs were the Fab 6 (but no Mickey, but Chip & Dale), and Dwarves. But a year or two ago they became Heroes & Villains and renamed everything.

So I'm guessing we should expect a wave of Heroes pins in the 2nd half of 2013. The big deal about that. The Heroes are: Woody, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Simba, Mulan AND....Rapunzel. *Cue frantic screaming and running around.*

The Villain missing from the first set is Scar. So expect that one to show up as a completer pin.

Last edited:
The Dreamfinder Duffy needs to be mine because, you know, Dreamfinder! I'm also a Captain Hook fan and my daughter likes Duffy, so I'll likely just go for that whole set.

I'm very happy to see a Zurg pin, so I'll probably get that one, too. Aside from that? Eh.

I'm liking them! Can't wait to start collecting them and seeing Wave B also!

The Friendship Boats will be a little challenging to collect bc of their similar colors, but I'll be ready for the challenge!

:wavey:

Last edited:
none there that I would like but I am happy to see a zurg pin, dont see him too often. Thankyou for posting the picture

You have to admit that wave 2 of the DL hidden mickeys were pretty good looking. Though I will agree with you, and I think that the most recent wave 2 were an exception. Remember the Haunted Mansion pet cemetery tombstone hidden mickeys? Ugly enamel and you could not tell if they were real or scrappers! I already had the pet cemetery boxed set from years ago so I was ok skipping on that set.

Hey those were cute and it's actually not difficult to tell which is real vs. scrappers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back