• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you determine who you Zap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you determine who you Zap?

Tabbikat2219

BANNED
Rating - 99.1%
210   2   0
I have had a few ppl ask me how I decide who to zap. The way I decide is every 2-3 weeks I take a look at everybody I have traded with that month then randomly choose a person if I have something they want and our trade went well then they get zapped. I view it as an appreciation zap. Sometimes the trades aren't equal and ppl who go above and beyond for me I try to return the favor if I can. Then comes the hard part trying to keep quiet about it. lol I am the type who tells what everyone is getting for x-mas. I LOVE zapping ppl. Its fun and 99.9% of the time it really makes someone's day. :drool:

Good question Tabbikat.

I have only ever done the one zap and that was to a person who did something truly wonderful for me.

I have a few zaps lined up though!!

So watch your mailboxes everyone!!!! :) :)

I Zap based upon the information the mods give me as well as personal Zaps when I trade and just out of the blue!!!

The more I Zap, the more funny have.

I try to send something really good off their wants list. Not always one it two pins, but sometimes a lot of them.

Gotta love zapping!

Vicki

:wavey:

Everyone seems to have their own methodology...My favorite is 'surprising' people with something off their wants list that I know they would appreciate much more than I do. I've zapped fellow traders as well as those whose contributions really add to the pin trading community.

Happy Trading!
Felice

How i choose whom to zap

I have had another round of questions as to how I choose who I zap. Also a few people have suggested that its kind of a "club" and that only certain people seem to get zapped. Well I can not speak for others but here is how I make my choice. I choose someone who has gone above and beyond for me or been just nice in a trade. Sometimes trades are not exactly fair I might have nothing the other person really wants but the trade with me to help me out. I keep track of people who do these kind of things. With me you will never get a bad trade maybe not right then will the trade be equal but almost always I run across something the other person needs and later I will ZAP them as a thank you. Or if someone Zaps me I usually watch what pins they are wanting and when I get ahold of one it becomes theirs. Now is this a fair process? Maybe Maybe not. I look at it this way if you are a kind, good and generous trader Pin Karma will come your way. and you never know when Tabbi is watching lol alot like Santa. I do this for the fun of it Pin collecting is not a business to me its a hobby I get to share with all of you and kindness goes a very long way with me.

I wouldnt say its a club or specific to certain people either and its up to the person who is zapping to choose whom to zap.

I have never been zapped but Ive zapped a few people if I have a pin they want or helping out others to get pins to finish sets etc even if I trade for a trader. I dont specifucally have any ideas as to whom I choose its random for me as I like to help people whenever I can even if pin karma has not blessed me yet XD

Frankly, I think it's kind of rude to question how you decide to do something so charitable. Does someone say 'gee, you give too much of your hard-earned $ to your church and not enough to mine'?! No, way! As long as you're willing to be generous, I say do it however you like and don't feel the least bit guilty!

lol I soooo AGREE I kind of feel like well I dont HAVE to zap anyone I do so because I like to but when people start to question it by saying " Wow you seem to zap the same ppl over and over" I just want to be rude and say well they have helped me out and been nice to me what have you ever done? But I am not a rude person so I let it go just one of those little things that bugs me and I was venting lol

I just zapped someone on the sole basis that she's a great person and a great contributor here,and I felt she needed a nice zap :3 First online Zap I've given :D

lol I soooo AGREE I kind of feel like well I dont HAVE to zap anyone I do so because I like to but when people start to question it by saying " Wow you seem to zap the same ppl over and over" I just want to be rude and say well they have helped me out and been nice to me what have you ever done? But I am not a rude person so I let it go just one of those little things that bugs me and I was venting lol

Its horrible to think that someone would say that to you. Its sad when greed takes over and people start to attack the person actually doing a good deed. You have proven time and time again to be an amazing trader (helped me get a HG and a couple of HTF Stitches) and I always see threads by people saying you zapped them with one of their most wanted. I'd say that is an amazing gesture and what makes this forum such a fun place to be. Keep doing what you're doing and know that you've helped so many people with their collections!

I think zaps are fun :) I've only ever zapped one person with a very, very old pin because I saw it on their wants - unfortunately I don't think the package ever arrived and I haven't asked, as it has been months now :(

I don't have many pins that people want to zap with, but I'm with Tabbi on this one: I've got my list of people that have gone above and beyond to help me and I'm always keeping an eye out for pins to zap them with. Zapping should be fun! On a side note, Tabbi goes above and beyond in PIF as well :)

I think this is a good thread.

I've zapped a decent number of people through the years. I like being anonymous(e) about it, too. The people I zap are usually newbies who don't have much yet, have been nice on the boards, and/or people who have done something nice for another trader, and I send them something that may be on their "wants" list that I am willing to give away from my traders, or if I don't have something from their wants, a pin of a character (or whatever) they collect (and I'm okay with them using it as a trader).

:wavey: Hannette

My biggest problem is that I'd love to zap more people but when I check... I don't have anything from their wants list. :(. When I do... I zap! Sometimes a zap on it's own, sometimes with a trade, & sometimes with a pin it forward. I really prefer to zap someone with a pin from their wants, but I'll just send them something to use as a trader if I feel strongly enough about it. It's really hard for me to be anonymous because even the postmark says the state.

No one should ever be made to feel guilty about who they zap. You are a kind person. Try not to let it bother you. :)

I feel one should ZAP who they want to for whatever reason they want to. I don't think others should judge how a person chooses to give. There is NO wrong way! If some think it is a club then maybe they have not done anything for anyone else that makes a person want to zap them. I think Zapping is done to make not only the receiver feel good but the giver as well It is a personal choice and frankly I do not think anyone should have to answer for it in any way.

I have zapped a few people and I have been zapped twice. I like to do it anonymously, when possible, but sometimes it just isn't. Sometimes I want the person to know I appreciate them so I put my name on it. I believe in pin karma, random acts of kindness and paying it forward. I have actually told people that have inquired what they can do for me to just pay it forward on more than one occasion. Pins have been good to me. Right now they support me. For people to judge the little random acts of kindness I am able to do would make me sad. I hope those that judge zapping negatively would look inward instead of lashing out at something that is truly beautiful in a world where it is tougher than ever to send even small things out to people just to say hi or thanks or I care.

A pin in the mail makes me smile,when I send one on the way..I cheer as I am making another person smile when they need it
I could use a few now:(..not pins just prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back