• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you display your (LE 17") dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you display your (LE 17") dolls?

Addicted to Alice Pins

Just here for the DMI codes; y'all have gone cray
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
If this is posted somewhere else, I couldn't find it. I'm not a doll collector the way some of you are (with mind-blowing collections!!), but I managed to get the four Frozen LE 17" dolls and someday my dream/goal is to have the LE 17" Alice and the Queen of Hearts. But since I didn't plan to start a doll collection, I now find myself trying to figure out what to do with them.

So ... how do you display your 17" dolls? Whether they are boxed or deboxed, in a small collection or a massive one. I'm looking for specifics if possible, such as I went to _____ (eg, IKEA) and got a ____ (eg, bookcase, cabinet, shelving unit). Or any other helpful hints you might have to share!

Thanks! =)

I use book shelves to display the dolls, they come in handy. Nice to display other collectibles as well. I am not a deboxer, so in the end not too many dolls fit on the shelves, but they look nice and are safely stored which makes me happy :)

Hello I only have one but two collections ( anna and rapunzel) so these works perfectly for me because i can change the shelves if one grows more then the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a disney room so it is a mix of book shelves that I got from Ikea and a set of drawers.

Here are some pics (lol sorry I just love showing off my collection!):

Also I have a lot of Disney pins and art that I keep in that room as well.

Last edited:
No worries, Polaris, your collection is awesome and deserves to be shown off! The boxed 17" dolls are just so BIG that I'm trying to come up with the best way to display them without having to add tons of "furniture" to my small available space. (And IKEA doesn't put shelf heights in their online description! I saw a really nice enclosed display cabinet, but it had fixed shelves and I'm pretty sure the distance between them would NOT accommodate a 17" doll, especially not boxed!) Thanks, everyone!

More tips / pix / suggestions welcome!!!

Most ikea shelves can be adjusted to how you want them, this is why they don't have heights in their descripition. Maybe ask the customer service what the biggest space between single shelves can be for a cabinet/book shelf you like?

I'm also not a huge doll collector (not that many) and I was also SHOCKED how big they were, when I got my first one. She's still sitting in front of my book shelf, as the shelf is actually fully loaded with books :naughty:

Last edited:
Mine are just on floating shelfs. I don't no about anybody else but I love my dolls but lately I keep seeing my collection as clutter and preferred it when I had less, problem is I don't no which I'd part with:/

I don't have much space - and these are my first dolls - so I'm probably not the right person for this thread buuut it's still fun to share!

I have a KALLAX Ikea cabinet, in which I store books. It's about 1m40 high so I can easily put stuff on the top, which I did lol. Then I learned a trick from other collectors, I took the front of the box and put it on the back, so the dolls are better seen, and I wrapped them in a see-through wrapping paper so they stay clean of room dust and pollen and such.

TsB0WPe.png

Mine are just on floating shelfs. I don't no about anybody else but I love my dolls but lately I keep seeing my collection as clutter and preferred it when I had less, problem is I don't no which I'd part with:/

A bit OT, but I did this a while ago with my makeup collection and scarf collection: If you don't know which to part with, start the other way around -> which can you NOT part with? Then maybe make different groups: 1. No way ever 2. Debt/if neccessary 3. Like them, would like in collection 4. Maybe (5. Let go)
Try to get all of your collection into one of these categories. If there's a fifth group it's obvious -> let go. Keep group 1+2. Go through number 3 if there's any you can put into 2 or 4, depending on how many dolls you already have in 1+2. Then think about #4 really good, each doll. Do you want to keep them? If so, those would probably be the dolls to keep in mind to first let go of your collection. Or maybe some will move from #4 to #5?
This is what I did with my own collections. Don't keep them if you don't love them - keep them if you love them :) I'm actually the kind of person who likes less of good quality more than quantity. So I can relate to that feeling of "clutter".
EDIT: I forgot one part of the Maybegroup: If you can't make up your mind on some of your items, store them. What is very important about this step: Store them, so you won't see them daily. Out of sight -> if they do go out of mind, it's an indicator you won't miss them. Keep them stored away for about 2-3 months: If in that time frame you miss one and need her back on your shelves, take her out of storage and don't sell her. The dolls you kept in storage the 2-3 months will be dolls you probably won't miss in your collection -> sell them, if you get a price you're willing to let them go for.

Last edited:
I don't have much space - and these are my first dolls - so I'm probably not the right person for this thread buuut it's still fun to share!

I have a KALLAX Ikea cabinet, in which I store books. It's about 1m40 high so I can easily put stuff on the top, which I did lol. Then I learned a trick from other collectors, I took the front of the box and put it on the back, so the dolls are better seen, and I wrapped them in a see-through wrapping paper so they stay clean of room dust and pollen and such.

TsB0WPe.png

Wow, that's a very neat and tidy way to display them! Love that.
I also really like how nice their colours go with the wall ;)

Then I learned a trick from other collectors, I took the front of the box and put it on the back, so the dolls are better seen, and I wrapped them in a see-through wrapping paper so they stay clean of room dust and pollen and such.

Yes, I think AmandaAutumn (for one) posted here or on FB about using clear gift-basket wrap. Definitely something I'm going to look into (I'm not exactly known for my gift-wrapping skills, though :p). It's *almost* warm enough here (it was for two days, then it went back to heavy coat weather, grr) to start opening windows, and pollen is a major concern. I don't want it on ANYTHING, but definitely not my dolls!

Your display looks great, too, by the way!

Another criteria to consider: IF IF IF you decided to part with one/some of your doll(s), how hard/expensive would it be to get her back later if you changed your mind?

Yes, I think AmandaAutumn (for one) posted here or on FB about using clear gift-basket wrap. Definitely something I'm going to look into (I'm not exactly known for my gift-wrapping skills, though :p). It's *almost* warm enough here (it was for two days, then it went back to heavy coat weather, grr) to start opening windows, and pollen is a major concern. I don't want it on ANYTHING, but definitely not my dolls!

Your display looks great, too, by the way!
lol my mother helped me wrap them. She's the tidy one in our family, I would probably end up with a ball of frumpled paper and unwrapped dolls. And right? I'm super paranoid about getting dust or something like that on them, I'm so attached to these dolls, especially because they're my first. I really loved the idea of the wrapping paper.

And thanks! :D It's getting crowded, though. Collecting is a pain in the *** haha.

Wow, that's a very neat and tidy way to display them! Love that.
I also really like how nice their colours go with the wall ;)
Haha I hear that a lot, about the wall! It was really not intentional but now I'm quite pleased with myself lol.

Hay hay hay! Yes that was Lee's idea about wrapping them and I graciously passed along. I used some cheap kind from the dollar store. Anyways I like the little LACK shelves from Ikea.

78ev1wA.jpg

I TOTALLY agree with you!!! I get very anxious when I have a lot of stuff around, especially when I don't know where to put it! I love these dolls too but I've REALLY got to be more strict with myself. I am also trying to figure what to keep and what to let go of. Especially, going through moving with all this stuff gets to be overwhelming:(

I find that floating shelves would probably work best but that is only if you own the house you live in and can install them.

I used bookcases from Ikea called Billy bookcases. These will fit two LE dolls per shelf and a designer in between if you want to put one in.

I definitely think there is a way to display the dolls without it looking like clutter and looking more like a collection. It really would be a shame if people that actually have the dolls only saw them as clutter, personally I do not see how you could as they really are amazing but again I think that depends on how you display your dolls because they can look out of place so I can understand why some would consider it as clutter.

Last edited:
You all have such neat and lovely displays - I'm jealous! I'll have to take updated pics sometimes but since the dolls generally come in neat stackable boxes I just find places on shelves and furniture to stack them around my room so that they're displayed. Nothing as neat as what I've seen here though, haha! This is giving me some ideas though, so thanks for sharing :)

I dont collect many dolls Just maleficent(and maybe aurora) and Elsa/Anna as I collect more 1/6th scale collectible figures from Hot Toys but the dolls I do have I debox.:anxious::werd: a big :nono: for someof you I know but I do store them on shelves my big computer desk and floating shelves in my room.

I dont collect many dolls Just maleficent(and maybe aurora) and Elsa/Anna as I collect more 1/6th scale collectible figures from Hot Toys but the dolls I do have I debox.:anxious::werd: a big :nono: for someof you I know but I do store them on shelves my big computer desk and floating shelves in my room.

Everyone is different, personally I do lot debox mine but I wouldn't judge someone that does. So I don't see deboxing a big no no I see it more as a preference.

I also collect hot hot toys figures but I find hat deboxing them is the only way you can really appreciate them because well they would just look like a box otherwise lol. But if they came ready built and to display then I probably wouldn't debox them either I think either way what a person chooses to do with their doll is up to them it is not like the dolls come with instructions on what you can or cannot do with them lol.

Everyone is different, personally I do lot debox mine but I wouldn't judge someone that does. So I don't see deboxing a big no no I see it more as a preference.

I also collect hot hot toys figures but I find hat deboxing them is the only way you can really appreciate them because well they would just look like a box otherwise lol. But if they came ready built and to display then I probably wouldn't debox them either I think either way what a person chooses to do with their doll is up to them it is not like the dolls come with instructions on what you can or cannot do with them lol.

lol that is true. I like to debox my LE dolls and well Hot toys figures(not dolls lol) you need to debox to see them properly lol. If I do like a character enough then I will buy 2 one to debox and one to keep boxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back