• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you manage/store your pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you manage/store your pins?

sayshelen

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I've just hit pin #20, and I'm starting to wonder how I'll manage storage of my collection over the long term. What do you all use to manage (and carry?) your collections -- binders, bags, plastic tubs (as I heard one person say??)

Any pictures of your collections 'in storage' would be super helpful. :)

Also, suggestions on where to buy your favorite pin storage binder/backpack/camel...

For my personal collection, I use 3 ring binders, and the felt pages that are sold at the parks. I have 5-6 books already

1) Scrooge McDuck
2) Sorcerer Mickey
3) Disney Themed Star Wars
4) Special Pins from our trips
5) Assorted Mini Collections

I am still working on our trader system, as right now I have a lot of Bins that I put the carded traders I have in, and try to sort by type, i.e. LE, DS.com, regular edition, etc

I finally hit the point where I had to go to pins bags. I have them sorted, but once you get past a few hundred, they are hard to manage. I don't take mine to many events unless they are multiple days and I have someone to help me carry them. Good luck and keep on tradin'

I have roughly 150 in my personal collection, and those I have 2 cork boards that I keep them on. I keep the pin backs in a container in a drawer with the cards (if I have them).

I recently purchased a small pin bag for my traders, which I keep in there so they don't clutter my boards. I'm hoping as my collections grow I can get a few pin books since keeping them all on boards isn't really practical :lol:

keep my collection of cork boards but looking to find a suitable way to frame them as I know a perfect frame but the backing is too thick so need to find an alternative piece of material to use/fit the frame I want.

I have a pin bag for my traders and I dont think Id ever have my collection in pin bags as you dont get to see them then.

Everything and anything. While I do have a bunch of stuff framed, the bulk of my pins are in 3-ring binders. Although, my Disneyland park pins are in pin bags. I also have 2 "under the bed" style Sterelite totes that hold the pins that weren't on individual cards, but in boxes (event gifts, jumbo pins, multi-pin sets). Pins prior to going into Pinpics are stored in Popcorn Buckets.

I fortunately/unfortunately (depending upon how you look at it) inherited a Mickey pin collection. That collection had over 1000 pins in it. I have been trying to organize and upgrade the quality of the collection. The method that has worked for me was, I bought (cheaply) a "flat file" cabinet. This is a cabinet used to store blueprints, artwork, etc. The drawers are only 2 to 3 inches deep which after a 1 inch layer of polyethylene foam provides for a easy way to store and access individual pins.

MY Stitch Collection go on a giant Stitch Bear.
Pins.jpg
Any Pin sets that I have Stay on cards/Boards and are displayed on a shelf.
I put the rest of my collection on lanyards.

I have two large bags, one mini bag, one easel binder, and one cork board, which is exclusively for Vinylmation. Our collection has grown beyond that now, and I'm in need of a new bag. I think I need to do an all-Stitch bag, all-Alice bag, all-Villain bag, a Vinylmation bag, and finally and "other" bag. I like the bags because I can keep everything safe there. I do like the idea of framing, but I've only done that for one pin so far.

The pin bags have felt pages that have zippers that you can pin your pins in whatever order you like. When I collected I had 2 pin bags, one for the magical musical moments pins (from the Disney store years ago) and a bag for the other pins. Even though my pins weren't displayed I loved looking through them and reorganizing. I just ordered a pin bag from ebay that was super cheap. You just have to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back