• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How many of you out there still have your FIRST pin in your collections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

I was looking at my old discussion threads, and thought this might be a good one too!

I still have mine, though it is not an official Disney pin: Jessica Rabbit sitting on a Grateful Dead Steal Your Face!

yep still have it,a small tink from a set of 4 given to my daughter by a trader in downtown disney in1999
Pin 2138: JDS - Tinker Bell Mini Pin Set its the one bottom left corner

we still have that one ,even though we have the complete set as well
plus most of the other pins from that trip which we traded as a result of that first gift xxx

My first one I bought was the DLRP guitar playing stitch. At the same time my boyfriend at that time bought me the grumpy faced stitch :3

I can't remember my first pin :facepalm:
Nor do I know if I still have it or not. I was at the stage in life where I didn't think about it much how sentimental those would be (my first ones) So I have very few left of my firsts :(

Oh yes :D it's not going anywhere
pin27636

Well, my nieces really got me into pin collecting a few years ago with chasing CMs around the park trading pins. That's where I got my first 2 or 3 (they were introducing _me_ to the joys of HM pins...) I still have those as I thought they were neat, and they really aren't worth much for trade anyway... Then I discovered the DSF and marquees and 'real' pin collecting and it just kind of snowballed from there...

What I completely forgot about was going to the El Capitan Theatre in 2006 to see Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D for the first time. They had these cool pins forsale with characters from the movie, so I bought a few (one being the marquee). They got buried in storage never to be seen again until about 2 weeks ago when I found them all (4 different pins). So I can honestly say that my first true pin was a marquee! :) Although I didn't actually get 'into' pin trading for a few more years...

Omg I could not tell you which pin I had gotten first,I actually think it was a Mickey pin from my oldest sons school teacher when he was in the fourth grade .

I started with a starter lanyard and traded them off for hidden mickeys. But my first pin I got that got me hooked was the one below. I got it off a lanyard in DCA! I still have it, and have completed the Grand Californian set now.

Pin 67372: DLR - Grand Californian Hotel Expansion Project Team 2008-2009
pin67372

Class:Disney Pins
Origin:Disneyland/DCA USA
Type:Cast Member
Limited Edition:600 Pins
SKU Number:Unknown
Original Price:
Released:Unknown
Retired:
Members Trading:1
Members Wanting:44
This pin was given to Imagineers and Construction Crews working on the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) expansion of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa. This pin features the hotel logo with a green background and reads "Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa Expansion Project Team 2008-2009".

Yep ... It's a little worse for wear, but I still have it. Purchased in 2002 at the WL

51A330CC-7DF7-48D3-A71B-ED9E3F7E4BCC-7194-00000C4C4BA9B841.jpg

Last edited:
Sure do. Which one was it, though, I don't know. I got a flock of them at once at Disney in 09 and haven't ever traded any of them.

oh yes! Yes I do! and he will stay with me forever

http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=7027&sid=6341.1364331881.v2

[pinpics]7027[/pinpics]

I remember keeping it in my sock drawer till I went back to DL a few months later and saw even more pins I liked, then herd about the lanyard trading I was hooked and this little guy started it all for me. when I saw the cart with the pins and I had to choose one it was the first one that caugt my eye and I really liked a lot ( I mean there were more, boxed pins and stuff out of my $$ range at that moment) so I choose him!

Although my first pin isn't in my collection, I do still have it. My mom wanted to keep it since it was my very first pin, and I have actually been thinking about adding it back into my collection :). I'm not sure what it's called, but it has Donald Duck flying a blue airplane.

I can't quite remember my actual first pin as I brought some randomly around the same time when disney store sold them in store but I have some of my firsts that so happen to know fit in other collections, the rest are gone or going :(

Pin 81329: Disney Store Europe - Emperor's New Groove

Pin 83386: Disney Store Europe - Nala Cub

Pin 81684: Disney Store Europe - Simba with Rafiki

I still have my first disney pins. The are from DLRP where my Sister had bought me a Lanyard with pins and a couple of pins to trade. I was over there with her and her 2 daughters the where my bridechilder at my wedding and a weekend disney was my thank you. Sometimes my sis wishes she never had bought the lanyard. I still have that black plane lanyard and take is alway with me to the parcs.

http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=7346&sid=7880.1364337638.v2
http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=7347&sid=7880.1364337638.v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back