Sold/Ended: How Much is Reasonable for....

Discussion in 'Completed Pin Sales' started by Lisa Lopez, May 15, 2018.

1. Lisa Lopez

Lisa Lopez Pinpics ID lisarallen2

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I’m considering purchasing the DSSH jumbo villains pins. It retailed for $150. I see some for sale on the auction site, but no actual sales. So, I was wondering what’s the going rate, or at least what do you think is reasonable to pay for this pin?

Thank you!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Lisa Lopez likes this.
  3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

4. Lisa Lopez

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Thank you. I don’t know why that didn’t show up when I looked. I’m surprised it sold for that price - not much over original retail. The others for sale are more than double. Think that’s an anomaly, or about the right price and I just need to wait patiently?

5. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Good question! My personal opinion the current listings are too high. It is all based on your personal comfort level.

There is one current listing that allows for a Best Offer to be submitted. I wonder how much they “really want” for the pin?

6. Lisa Lopez

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I agree the current listings are too high, that’s why I was hoping for some insight here. The one that has a buy it now is probably the one I’m communicating with and trying to negotiate a price. I’ve never even spent $100 on a pin and it makes me nervous to look at something much higher than that. Before I go to my husband and see if he’ll approve of me spending that kind of money on a smallish piece of metal, I wanted to make sure I didn’t at least overpay.

BTW - if someone has one for sale, let me know what you’ll take and maybe I can skip the auction site all together!

7. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    443   0   0

Remember too that you had to pay for the ticket to the event, and have gotten lucky to get a ticket at all. So I'd say the pin is "worth" more than flat retail. So the one listed above is a fairly good price considering. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8. Lisa Lopez

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I totally agree. If there was a BIN for that price, I wouldn’t hesitate, as long as the hubby said okay. But everything is currently listed at $400+, which seems too high, so I was trying to determine the most I should consider paying, using the expertise of the brilliant pintraders of DPF :D

9. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    506   0   0

Check out Facebook and IG too. Some desperate people list there for cheaper sales (don't pay as friends, only as goods!)

I'd say about $200-250 shipped USA would be a reasonable price.