• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to post in Sale/Wanted?

How to post in Sale/Wanted?

SamThePinner

Thingamabob Collector
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I'm new here and am wanting to see about getting pins bring released soon. But I can't post in that thread for some reason. Nothing pops up in the top area, it's just a blank space? Any clue on what to do?

Hiya! I took a look at the pinned thread on top of that forum and found this:

In order to create a thread in the marketplace forums, the following conditions must be met:

-Be a member on DPF for at least 10 days
-Need to have at least 30 posts

it bothers me that its 30 posts because I have to do a lot of commenting in order to get to find the pins I'm looking for :(

It's not to punish newcomers. It's so we (the forum) get to "know" you. We don't want people who come just to sell (or unload) their pins and/or get member's money and then vanish. That's not what the forum is about. You can introduce yourself, share interests (we assume you like Disney if you're collecting Disney pins and/or merchandise), and get to know people before posting in the wants/sales threads. Sometimes getting to know other members helps too. If you post your wants list and you don't know anyone, some people may not respond just because they don't know you (and don't want to risk getting burned).

It's not to punish newcomers. It's so we (the forum) get to "know" you. We don't want people who come just to sell (or unload) their pins and/or get member's money and then vanish. That's not what the forum is about. You can introduce yourself, share interests (we assume you like Disney if you're collecting Disney pins and/or merchandise), and get to know people before posting in the wants/sales threads. Sometimes getting to know other members helps too. If you post your wants list and you don't know anyone, some people may not respond just because they don't know you (and don't want to risk getting burned).
guess you have a point there
I seen many scams on forums before .

So I can just post on this thread 20 more times? :lol:

You could but that would probably count as spamming and would likely annoy people... Why don't you have a look around all the threads and just join in some conversations? Chat about pins, other merch, or hop over to Anything Goes and discuss anything you like! You'll soon reach those 30 posts and you'll enjoy yourself in the process :).

You could but that would probably count as spamming and would likely annoy people... Why don't you have a look around all the threads and just join in some conversations? Chat about pins, other merch, or hop over to Anything Goes and discuss anything you like! You'll soon reach those 30 posts and you'll enjoy yourself in the process :).

Thanks for the advice. I'm still pretty new to pin trading so don't have very much to add to conversations. It would be nice if this requirement was reconsidered.

I am glad this requirement is in place. why dont you go view the Introductory posts and meet other new people? or browse the pin discussions and comment on all the pretty new pins?

It took me a long time to figure out why i couldn't post to some of the threads i am still trying to get to my 30 and figure out how this forum works

I have also hit 30 posts and been a member for 20 days, but still cannot post new sales/wanted threads. Am I doing something wrong?

When did you hit the 30 post mark? It does not automatically turn on when you hit 30 posts. The site refreshes/cycles a few times every day on it's own, and if you hit the mark in the middle of a cycle, the ability to post threads in the sales forums will not be "turned on" until the site cycles again, so as an example (as I do not know the exact times), if you hit the 30th post at 2 PM and it cycles at 5 PM, your ability to post should be on after 5 PM.

Hope that helps

When did you hit the 30 post mark? It does not automatically turn on when you hit 30 posts. The site refreshes/cycles a few times every day on it's own, and if you hit the mark in the middle of a cycle, the ability to post threads in the sales forums will not be "turned on" until the site cycles again, so as an example (as I do not know the exact times), if you hit the 30th post at 2 PM and it cycles at 5 PM, your ability to post should be on after 5 PM.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the good advice !

Back