• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to safely remove silk screening

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to safely remove silk screening

TheGrimGrinner

Mortals pay a token fee
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 95.3%
61   3   0
Okay, I know it's an odd request/question, but anyone have any recommendations on how to safely remove the silkscreening off a pin? Don't want to use any solvents or corrosive liquids. And don't want to use anything that will scratch the surface underneath. Any ideas???

I know I used Windex to clean up a dirty pin one time and it took the silk screening right off. It shocked me as I did NOT want that to come off. :(

Pin Silk Screening

okay - I am learning - so what is silk screening on a pin? What does it look like? Can you provide a visual example?

DaftPunk_GloPoster.gif

Tried the windex, didn't work. :( I'll have to try the baking soda later.

The silk screening is when they apply ink to the pin after it has been made. It will be slightly raised from the flat surface of the enamel. Similar to the silk screening you find on T-Shirts. It's typically used when they want to write on the pin, or make it so there are no metal lines in between colors. That make sense?

Dear Grim Grinner,
Acetone would probably be the solvent, which is also nail varnish solvent.

Byeeeeeeeee,
R°O°n

The silk screening is when they apply ink to the pin after it has been made. It will be slightly raised from the flat surface of the enamel. Similar to the silk screening you find on T-Shirts. It's typically used when they want to write on the pin, or make it so there are no metal lines in between colors. That make sense?

Ok. Thanks for the info. Can you upload an image of a pin that has this on it? I would like to see what it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back