• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How would you respond to this e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you respond to this e-mail
No one system of valuing pins is 100% correct...values are always in flux based on supply and demand.

I find eBay completed listings to be the single best place to confirm value. But really, I use a mix of everything for my personal guides- what I paid, what the trading is like for it, eBay, edition size, etc.

That said, expecting to get COST on some of these pins is just silly. I mean, come on...really? Pins go up in value for a reason, after all- more people want them than the edition size can support. Sure, it would be NICE is everyone could get pins they really, really want for cost...but that's just not realistic.

I didn't find his or her response particularly rude, but it was kind of aburpt and perhaps poorly worded. It probably wouldn't have come off so bad if it had been done with a more friendly tone, and more conversational...

I truely do not think people see the note section of the TA request. I always put "if not this pin please check my other traders" and I still rarely get a response. When I get a response that is "no thanks" I respond back telling them that I was trying to open a dialog and I tell them what pins I have in their wants list and what pins they have in my wants and thank them for their time and see what happens.

I do not think you were out of line in your response. I would have been upset with that email as well and would have responded similarly.

As I have said in the past - "Everyone take a deep breath, now repeat this is a HOBBY"!!

I have recieved MANY mean worded e-mails based on TA requests, but I just shake my head and move on. I make an offer and if you do not want to Trade a simple "no thanks" goes a long way, I do not need to hear a vile, long response from someone!

Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back