• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I bought traders for $2.00.....FUNNY STORY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought traders for $2.00.....FUNNY STORY

iamdisneydan

The Bald Guy In The Back
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
OK, so this kinda goes with my other post but it is a funny story. I found another trader who I told my story to and they GUARANTEED that the pins I would buy for $2.00 each were REAL.

I bought 50 to check it out and a few days later they arrived. The first pin I noticed because I collect rides and attractions is a monorail pin, however it said MONORL. I was PI$$ED!

I contacted them immediatly and ytelled at them (in email form) about this pin. (I never really looked at any others because this was the first pin and I was furious)

I said come on! How blatent. Its not even spelled right!

I received an email back which was written in very calm words directing me to a pin number on pinpics. It was a license plate pin that I had never knew existed.

OK, now once I removed all the egg from my face, I looked at all of the traders in the envelope and they were awesome pins. I was sure embarassed.

I promise to always check pinpics before I yell scrapper. Its just with all the bad experiences from people on the forum selling "PARK TRADERS" as soon as I saw this I did the kneejerk reaction of ripping them.

Kinda funny now but I was really embarassed and if you knew what I wrote, I was pretty harsh.

Yes, you can buy real pins for $2.00 and these were really actually pretty nice too.

So the moral of the story is, not all mispelled pins are counterfeit, they may be a license plate................

FABULOUS story Dan!!! :rofl: I like it!!! Good assumption on the spelling = counterfit... but we all know what assumptions do... :lol::io::lol:

I went from :shock: to :lol: when I was reading your post. Those license plate pins are pretty interesting, aren't they?

Also, I saw someone doing this today: :rock:

Yep, sometimes that knee-jerk reaction hits you right in the jaw:) I try walking around the yard for 10 minutes before I do anything. Or write the email, wait an hour and then go back and read it. If you still feel the same send it. But the not checking PinPics was too funny. Dan, you of all people(ROFL) It made my day I'm laughing so hard. I feel sorry for the sender, but at least they were calm about it.

Last edited:
Good thing you aren't allergic to eggs!!! But honestly, good for you for admitting to us what you did. It would've been easy to just not tell us. Thanks for admitting how human you actually are. Now we all know that bald guys aren't necessarily perfect! Whoda thunk it??? :)

It's really nice that the other person didn't take offense as well! +1 to them.

Ohmygosh Dan, you always make me laugh - I love that you're not embarrassed to share such a hilariously funny story with us...makes us love yah all the more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back