• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I completed my collection!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completed my collection!!

Polaris

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share some great news, I finally completed my collection, I managed to nab a Limited Edition Jessie doll which means I have now completed the Limited Edition line, the Designer Princess line and the Designer Villains line.

I also managed to get all the princess designer mugs, the D23 Silver Cinderella and some of the limited edition gallery prints that were on sale in the UK. I even managed to land a Stitch with collar Swarovski figure which was on sale last year but the one with the collar was only limited to 626 and the swarovski figure for this year which is Steamboat Mickey and Minnie (which I absolutely love).

I will post some pics as soon as I get home (as I am currently at work) but I just had to share the news as I am so excited and stoked that I managed to complete my collection. I know some people only purchased the ones that they really loved but me being me I had to complete the set or I just would not be satisfied and I seem to be a sucker for limited edition merchandise as I love the idea that i am one of the lucky people to own something limited in number. :p

I have to say I really am proud of my collection especially since it is harder to get these things here in Australia and I definitely will be treasuring them. I already have a room dedicated to all my "Disney" merchandise and have all of them displayed, mind you they do take up a lot of space :S.

Now I just have to wait until Oct when the Little Mermaid doll comes out and the next set of doll series to be released at the Expo. Which I will hopefully be able to get from retail rather than through the secondary market especially now that I am more knowledged about these dolls and have saved up for them. I can't wait! :)

Well i finally got around to taking photos of my collection and uploaded them onto my computer. Please note that Jessie and some of the Designer Princess Mugs are still on their way so I will just upload more photos of them when they finally get here.

Now I have to apologise in advance as it is VERY image heavy but I do hope you enjoy my photos as much as I enjoyed taking them!

My ultimate holy grails!

My Ultimate Holy Grails :) by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_8960 by polaris hd, on Flickr

Limited Edition Snow White by polaris hd, on Flickr

Limited Edition Alice by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_9018 by polaris hd, on Flickr

Photos of the rest of my LE Dolls

DSC_8998 by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_9015 by polaris hd, on Flickr

My favourite designer princesses:

Disney Designer Dolls 2 by polaris hd, on Flickr

I love this photo I took of Ariel and Rapunzel

Designer Princess Ariel by polaris hd, on Flickr

Designer Princess Rapunzel by polaris hd, on Flickr

The rest of my designer dolls:

Disney Designer Dolls by polaris hd, on Flickr

My Princess Designer Mugs:

DSC_8978 by polaris hd, on Flickr

I do have four of the 6 villain mugs, they are just behind the designer princess mugs so you may not be able to see them. I have Ursula, Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts and Maleficent.

My gallery print collection

DSC_8902 by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_8877 by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_8898 by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_8912 by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_8874 by polaris hd, on Flickr

My other Disney Collections:

DSC_8831 by polaris hd, on Flickr
I think this is one of the cutest figures I have ever seen, I love the detail!

DSC_8996 by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_8941 by polaris hd, on Flickr

DSC_8995 by polaris hd, on Flickr
I got this as well while I was at Disney last year, I even managed to get it signed!

holy poop-gorgeous.

BUT i dont believe you....no collector is "done" --i am sorry you are delusional....you'll have to add just one more thing next week, talk to ya then!

holy poop-gorgeous.

BUT i dont believe you....no collector is "done" --i am sorry you are delusional....you'll have to add just one more thing next week, talk to ya then!

LOL good point haha, what I mean to say is I have completed my collection to date until the next Disney LE doll is released :)

Congratulations, Polaris! I love those gallery prints, especially since they seem to be very movie accurate. Your collection looks gorgeous all together the way you have displayed them. But one of my pet peeves about the LE China Girl is that the box doesn't come with a clear window which would allow you to see her when boxed, and it wouldn't be safe to display her with the lid off. So that's one reason that I'm glad I'm a deboxer.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I really do appreciate the compliments as it took a lot of effort and work trying to get everything at a reasonable price on the secondary market.

I agree DRJ1828 about the China Doll display situation, there isno way to display her whilst in her box without exposing her which is a little frustrating and it is because of that that the china doll still sits in her box in my cupboard.

Great pictures of your collection! :) Of course, the Disney Store will always make more to enhance what we've got. You really assembled your collection quickly! Silver Designer Cinderella looks really good!

Wow beautiful collection Polaris! And I agree with Shivatopia, your Silver Designer Cinderella looks amazing. She looks like the crown of your collection along with Alice and Snow White!

Thanks Shiva and Alex.

Yeah I built up my collection fast as I was worried that the prices would just keep increasing so my savings took a big hit but I think it was worth it.

I did notice that the prices of the princess designer dolls on eBay has gone down, which is probably a reflection of a decrease in demand for the dolls. I noticed that a lot of the dolls are priced below the $150 mark and yet most are not selling. The only one that still seems to be selling is Ariel at around the $300 mark.

Thanks Shiva and Alex.

Yeah I built up my collection fast as I was worried that the prices would just keep increasing so my savings took a big hit but I think it was worth it.

I did notice that the prices of the princess designer dolls on eBay has gone down, which is probably a reflection of a decrease in demand for the dolls. I noticed that a lot of the dolls are priced below the $150 mark and yet most are not selling. The only one that still seems to be selling is Ariel at around the $300 mark.

I missed on the designer collection, though I was aware of it around the time Snow White came out. I intended to get the final five, but the website froze on me. So at the end of last year I started looking into collecting them and here is what I found: a few months before the release of the villains they were at the prices they are at now, once the villains started getting marketed the prices climbed and continued to climb until Christmas, staying high through January & February. They are just now getting back to the prices pre-villain release.

All that being said, I think that the interest and prices will climb again once (or if) they release the next designer installment. I don't think they are less in demand overall, it is just people are focusing on other things and will remember that they want them once summer and the holidays hit.

All that being said, I think that the interest and prices will climb again once (or if) they release the next designer installment. I don't think they are less in demand overall, it is just people are focusing on other things and will remember that they want them once summer and the holidays hit.

That's a really good point, I had not thought about the demand being seasonal, which to be honest seems a little silly but you are right when the hype builds up obviously the demand will too. It will be interesting how the dolls go again on the secondary market during the next round release.

Thanks as well colorwindpainter and wonderwoman, I can't wait for the rest of my mugs and Jessie doll to come in, after which I will post more pics :). I just love sharing my collection as I love taking photos of them because they really are amazing dolls.

Snow is an amazing doll and I love her face, as you can see in the photo, her hair is a little frazzled though, and as much as I would love to fix it up the box is still sealed (as Snow was the only LE doll to have little seal stickers on her box) and I do not want to break the seals.

Last edited:
I was so excited today as I received shipment from the US that contained the rest of the mugs and the Jessie doll! So now I have to find some space for everything then I can take additional photos of the new items I received. I never realized it before but the Jessie doll looks pretty amazing.

I can't wait to take photos of the rest of my set and will post them on here shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back