• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I getting tired of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I getting tired of this...

pook-a-lu-le

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
OK, this is getting bad. I had purchased over $250 worth of pins from a member of this board several weeks ago. I paid with PP and never received my pins. Had to go through PP to get my money and I eventually did - after a month. I didn't leave neg. feedback on here because I was able to get my payment back but still, it took over a month to do so. I contacted the moderators here and the original thread was closed so no feedback was ever left...

Now, I have had another member who contacted me about a sale on 3/3 and told me they wanted 2 pins and that he was about to pay - that was over 8 days ago and no payment has been sent and no response from several PM's I've sent...nothing!!!!......I know they have read the pm's from me because I asked for a read receipt.

What to do? Should I leave appropriate feedback for this person because if he did it to me, surely he could do it to others?

Last edited:
Hi, Anne
I'm sorry to hear you've had some bad luck lately with purchases/sales, but so glad to hear you got your money back! These things can be so stressful to go through, please don't let it put you off buying/selling on the boards. Michele

Definitely leave negative feedback for the first incident, especailly if they never did contact you.

On the second....that's the bad thing about selling on the boards. You will learn quickly who is serious about purchasing and who is just trying to get you to hold the pins while they think about it more or look for other offers. With those people, I would just take note and move on and in the future never hold anything for them. I'd tell them in the future that if anyone else asks about the pins in question that you are going to let them have them because of that person's history of not following through with sales.

Definitely leave negative feedback for the first incident, especailly if they never did contact you.

On the second....that's the bad thing about selling on the boards. You will learn quickly who is serious about purchasing and who is just trying to get you to hold the pins while they think about it more or look for other offers. With those people, I would just take note and move on and in the future never hold anything for them. I'd tell them in the future that if anyone else asks about the pins in question that you are going to let them have them because of that person's history of not following through with sales.

Well said. You never know if the second person just forgot to get back to you, or may not have gotten your PM. I know every now and then I forget to touch base back with someone, and sometimes just a gentle reminder would help.

Actually I did get back with the second person several times...even got a "read receipt" so I know they read my pms but just wouldn't respond. I don't mind holding pins for buyers for them to get up the money and I don't enjoy leaving negative feedback for anyone - but at least respond and let me know something, especially when you beg me to hold something. I'm just mad right now but I'll get over it soon enough...:)

I'll not leave negative public feedback for either of these people but if anyone wants to know who they are just send me a pm...

Actually I did get back with the second person several times...even got a "read receipt" so I know they read my pms but just wouldn't respond. I don't mind holding pins for buyers for them to get up the money and I don't enjoy leaving negative feedback for anyone - but at least respond and let me know something, especially when you beg me to hold something. I'm just mad right now but I'll get over it soon enough...:)

I'll not leave negative public feedback for either of these people but if anyone wants to know who they are just send me a pm...

I would love to know~

Vicki

I do not think the second one deserves a negative, maybe at most a neutral, since there was no actually transaction

As for the first, I really think you should leave a negative publicly, since if he/she are still active traders/buyers/sellers here or on PinPics, a warning serves to help the community as a whole.

I know that if I had a bad transaction like the first one you are describing, and then I did not leave negative feedback, and another person got taken, I would feel really bad for not warning people.

The negative rating is not us judging people as a whole, it is allowing us to warn others in cases like this. If no one gave negative feedback where would we be on Ebay, Pinpics, etc.

I would highly recommend you putting negative feedback!

Vicki

I know that if I had a bad transaction like the first one you are describing, and then I did not leave negative feedback, and another person got taken, I would feel really bad for not warning people.

The negative rating is not us judging people as a whole, it is allowing us to warn others in cases like this. If no one gave negative feedback where would we be on Ebay, Pinpics, etc.

I would highly recommend you putting negative feedback!

Vicki

+1

The seller who didn't send anything deserves negative feedback but I don't think the buyer does. It sucks that he or she isn't responding but I don't think that deserves negative feedback. I'm wondering now, when we send money as "gift" through PP, are we protected from stuff like this? Anyone know?

The seller who didn't send anything deserves negative feedback but I don't think the buyer does. It sucks that he or she isn't responding but I don't think that deserves negative feedback. I'm wondering now, when we send money as "gift" through PP, are we protected from stuff like this? Anyone know?

No, as a gift, it is just that, a gift, and not subject to PayPal protection for either the seller or buyer

OK, this is getting bad. I had purchased over $250 worth of pins from a member of this board several weeks ago. I paid with PP and never received my pins. Had to go through PP to get my money and I eventually did - after a month. I didn't leave neg. feedback on here because I was able to get my payment back but still, it took over a month to do so. I contacted the moderators here and the original thread was closed so no feedback was ever left...

Now, I have had another member who contacted me about a sale on 3/3 and told me they wanted 2 pins and that he was about to pay - that was over 8 days ago and no payment has been sent and no response from several PM's I've sent...nothing!!!!......I know they have read the pm's from me because I asked for a read receipt.

What to do? Should I leave appropriate feedback for this person because if he did it to me, surely he could do it to others?

For the first one, it sounds like a negative experience if the user is actively posting on other threads and stuff. If he isn't something might have happened, you never know.

And the second one, no offense, is like a joke. You need to put pending sales as pending, and maybe warn them that if their payment is recieved by a certain time then you will put them back up for grabs.

And in all honesty, I'd keep it private. This will only create an angry mob, and if the moderators decide a member is in the wrong then I'm sure you'll get that negative feedback on there for everyone to see. Just my 2 cents. :) Hope everything works out

100% correct,which is why I hate when people ask to be sent the payment as a gift

Well, sending it as a gift is not that bad if they are established in the community and they are doing you a favor like Gloomy doing the DSF run, Caligurl getting all those POMH pins for us, etc, as it is not fair for them to get hit with the fees on top of that. If I have to send it as a purchase, I usually offer to pay the fees for the person.

Well, sending it as a gift is not that bad if they are established in the community and they are doing you a favor like Gloomy doing the DSF run, Caligurl getting all those POMH pins for us, etc, as it is not fair for them to get hit with the fees on top of that. If I have to send it as a purchase, I usually offer to pay the fees for the person.

I agree.

Plus Paypal is so well-known for its most craptacular Customer Service that it's the laughing stock of the internet. But Ebay runs on it so it will probably never go away.

!00% correct,which is why I hate when people ask to be sent the payment as a gift

Ditto. In many cases, I'd be willing to add on the fee and pay as goods, like when someone is shopping for someone. But, I would rather the seller just consider the fees when setting the price of their pins for sale lists. I've been involved in enough situations, where even the most reputable person has had an unexpected family emergency has resulted in a sudden disappearance. Having that extra protection, is nice.

!00% correct,which is why I hate when people ask to be sent the payment as a gift

Are you sure? .....I was searching the Paypal site one day looking for this answer and I didn't see anywhere that it specificly said you weren't covered.

One thing to note though, I never send it as a "gift" because I'm not just giving my money away. I send it as a personal payment - payment owed (which also avoids the fees for both parties) and then I list in the subject line and detail whatever I bought with my address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back