• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I need some help finding a theme haha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help finding a theme haha!!

disneyaholic

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi,
I'm quiet new to pin trading and although having nearly 150 pins they are such a wide range of things.
I would love a theme or an idea for pins to sepecifically collect, but I can't decide on one, or really think of many!!.:lol:
It would be great if you could give me some ideas. And what you specifically collect!
Thankyou in advance!

First off, welcome to pin trading! I've noticed that people focus their pin collection on a specific movie or movies they enjoy. And it looks like most people focus their pin collection depending on which park they are closest to. In my case, I'm closest to Disneyland and I try to head over there at least 1 a year (although its been almost 1.5 years since my last trip, but its a sacrifice to be able to go to Disneyland Paris, WOO!). The majority of my pins focus on Disneyland attractions because they have meaning to me. I have memories on those rides and walking around the Disneyland Resort, and my pins are an extension of those memories. Everyone's collection is different, but I think its safe to say that we collect what makes us happy and what has the most meaning for ourselves.

Oh, and I think you can figure out what makes the bulk of my collection by looking down at my signature!

Enjoy Pin Trading!

It's okay to have many themes, if you have no desire to be complete or near complete on any of them, and don't mind dropping a lot of money. LOL. If you want to theoretically, "collect them all," or control spending, limiting to one or two is probably better.

When you go to the parks is there a certain ride that you must do otherwise you will be disappointed? Is there a movie that you watch over and over? A character that you always end up having a picture taken with? In other types of merchandise (T-shirt, Christmas ornament, etc) that when you see a certain theme you get all excited about?

Last edited:
well i collect lion king(cos i love the movie),elvis stitch as i want a wedding in las vagas with elvis lol and i also have a snake called elvis :),princess and the frog(cos i like the movie), Tangled(cos i like the movie and pascal as i used to have a chameleon) and chip and dale with food and halloween ones(just cos i like um and loads to collect)

My other half collects muppets pins(as he likes them esp fozzy bear), Toy story(as its his fav film also loves lotso bear), just started collecting mickey as he needed something he could easly trade for, up pins cos he likes the movie and hook(as he likes him).

we also both collect NBC as we both like the movie :)

so as u can see we both have an easyer to collect one and then some harder ones :) hope it gives you some ideas :)

My theme? NO THEME!

Sure, I may favor a certain character and my flavors in characters change rapidly. If I like a pin, I want it. If I don't like the pin, I don't want it.

So, for instance, I collect Mickey Mouse a lot of the time- but is there any way I'd be able to get every Mickey mouse pin out there? No. So there has to be some way of picking and choosing.

Collect what you want to collect, don't let anyone decide for you is my advice. The notion of going after just 1 theme is imo a bit extreme and takes some of the fun out of discovering new pins you want.

Me-I collect >^..^< Figaro and Si and Am. A few Tick Tock or Louie because I was born in Louisiana and pins that tickle my fancy.

Paula is the Queen of themes. It started with, Beauty and the Beast, add Dumbo, a pinch of Patriotic, dash of Animal Kingdom, a splash of Ariel (pun intended), mix in Donald and a lot of Daisy and finally add Flower in Garden because money grows on trees.

Collect what you enjoy, but beware if you specialize-the dreaded dry spell-I need 13 Figaro's and haven't been able to trade for them in over 4 years (sniff, eyes moisten) and I loose out on e--- because I refuse to pay high prices (because I know money doesn't grow on trees). That is why I have Si and Am (also in a rut), and the pins that tickle my fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back