• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I'm getting an error when I acces the main page

I'm getting an error when I acces the main page

moorhunhe

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I didn't had this early this morning (1am) but since now, about 9am, I keep getting this error when I go to the mainpage.

Just thought I'd share this, I have to click the red cross twice for it to go away.
But each time I go back to the mainpage, the error keeps coming back.

beeu11.png

Only seem to get it when using IE10 ... *sigh* using FireFox now, and no problems.
IE10 is the biggest pain I've ever come across with online :/

No, it is happening in Firefox as well. Just the main page, and actually not every time, as when I logged in, it did not do it, but then I made a post in the Pin Forum, went back out to the front page and it popped up

happening in chrome for me.... it is usually something I only see after it asks me to update or run an outdated Java script in the chatroom. Having it occur on forum homepage is a new thing.

I completely believe all of you, but I have yet to receive that warning (I've presently just accessed DPF using Safari on my phone). Thank you for bringing this to our attention; we will look into it and keep you updated as appropriate.

I completely believe all of you, but I have yet to receive that warning (I've presently just accessed DPF using Safari on my phone). Thank you for bringing this to our attention; we will look into it and keep you updated as appropriate.

The funny thing is, I am on my PC at home now (was at work earlier) and I am not getting the message, so I am wondering if some change to VBulletin recently might be acting up due to something specific on some of our PCs.

This was popping up yesterday, and is still popping up when I open DPF up this morning:

screen-capture-3_zps0f09e9ae.png

I'm using Safari, if that makes any difference. I click deny, and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the forum.

I think I might have been right last night. When I was at home, there was no popup warning when on the main page, but I am back at work, and the popup is back on the main page, so I have to think, since I have different programs on my work PC than at home, something is causing the error, but for the life of me, I can not figure out what.

DPF is still hacked. The offending code can be found on the front page if you view source and search for QtDSfhrWFdd0vRrom.

The admins need to search all the vBulletin templates for QtDSfhrWFdd0vRrom or document.write(unescape and remove it ASAP. Otherwise DPF will continue to spread the infected Java app.

This was popping up yesterday, and is still popping up when I open DPF up this morning:

screen-capture-3_zps0f09e9ae.png

I'm using Safari, if that makes any difference. I click deny, and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the forum.

DPF is still hacked. The offending code can be found on the front page if you view source and search for QtDSfhrWFdd0vRrom.

The admins need to search all the vBulletin templates for QtDSfhrWFdd0vRrom or document.write(unescape and remove it ASAP. Otherwise DPF will continue to spread the infected Java app.

A question from the tech-illiterate: I got this 'applet' message earlier today. I tried many times to hit 'Deny', but the message just stayed there, so I closed the window and just came back on DPF now. The message hasn't returned. Should I be concerned about my ipad?

A question from the tech-illiterate: I got this 'applet' message earlier today. I tried many times to hit 'Deny', but the message just stayed there, so I closed the window and just came back on DPF now. The message hasn't returned. Should I be concerned about my ipad?

The offending <script> element is on the front page only, as far as I know. Safari on your iPad may have interpreted you closing the window as a request to ignore this applet from now on, but I can't say for sure. As long as you didn't check the "Allow all applets from..." checkbox and/or click the Allow button, your iPad should be fine. Chances are the applet is targeting Windows systems anyway.

The offending app is java, so any platform that has java installed in potentially vulnerable - I told my work computer to block the derpina1.5gbfree.com website

Took a look at the source and it translates to "http://derpina1.5gbfree.com/style/images/advert.html"

Last edited:
I'm still receiving it on my home computer tonight. I got a different message on my work computer this afternoon. It said it was from Java, but I hadn't seen one like it before so didn't click on it.

This isn't a difficult fix, and every day that goes by DPF is potentially spreading an infection to anyone who mistakenly runs the java app.

An admin needs to log into the admincp and edit the FORUMHOME template to remove the offending script. Alternatively, do a template search for "QtDSfhrWFdd0vRrom" and remove the associated script element from all templates in which it is found. If admins need any help with this, feel free to PM me. This really should be resolved asap.

Back