• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

is dpf running slow for anybody else?

is dpf running slow for anybody else?

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
For the last couple of weeks this place has been loading very slowly for me. I have a cable modem so that should not be the case. Anybody else having issues?

At first I thought I wasn't really noticing any issues, but now that it's been mentioned it does seem like it takes a few extra seconds for things to load.

Last edited:
Didn't the site go down for a bit a few days ago? Wonder if it was related.

edit: don't post often but there does seem to be a delay recently when posting on DPF.

Last edited:
It's much slower for me as well. Additionally, my browser seems to continually load the page (even after it appears to be fully loaded). The "thinking circle" up at the top on the tab never stops (this also happens for Disney Pin Place as well).

On top of that, I no longer get emails when I receive a PM. Related???

The problem I am seeing is trying to write Posts or Messages.

I have to literally bang on my keyboard to get the letters to be written.

I am also finding it difficult to highlight sections of text with my mouse.

The problem seems to be the same whether or not I am using the “Advanced†editor.

I am not seeing this problem anywhere else, both my Tower and keyboard are new, and I am using IE 11 to access the DPF.

What I have started doing is composing my comments in a Word document, then pasting them into the applicable area on the DPF.

Sometimes I have issues when using DPF, other times the site runs perfectly (or nearly perfectly). I will bring this to Cicada's attention, maybe he can do some updates or fine tuning on the site and see if that fixes things.

The difficulties I have detailed above when trying to post from by WIN 7 / IE 11 Tower
-- do not -- occur when posting from my iOS 7.1.1 iPAD.

Sorry I missed this.

some time last month, i switched DPF over to cloudflare, an optimization service, and it also helps with spam as well. so _theoretically_ the site should be running fater, or at worst, the same.

I will look into updating the forum software, since I know it it a little behind, and hope it helps with some issues. I will make a post/announcement when this happens, as it should be about an hour or so of downtime.

Back