• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is it true Jessica is hot in the Pin world??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true Jessica is hot in the Pin world??

pauly88

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I have been told she is a good trader and that I would be surprised what I can score
well I never knew much about her so I guess I'm just asking is she?
or share info you can tell me .... thanks for you're info

The rarer ones are pretty hot,but not all Jessicas are.Typically any of the Jessica in costume or Jessica Hollywood starlet series would be extremely good traders. Just be prepared to either trade hard to get the Hot ones,or shell out big bucks.

Mmmmm, yes and no. Everyone wants the hot Jessica pins, sure...but no one is really willing to trade what they're worth. I've had mixed luck with her, despite the fact that Jess and Tink are the main ones I collect.

Hands down, my best trader is Stitch.

The main pin trader at DLRP certainly thinks she is hot! He has the pin board outside The emporium most nights.

In my experience, I'd definitely agree that Jessica is popular and trades quite well. But I've also found Jessica to really be a dual-edged sword and something of a pain when it comes to trading.

Most of the really sought-after pins are really quite valuable, which is great if you own them (and even better for you if you got them at cost). But from a trading perspective? Not so great. You have to remember that it takes two to make a pin trade and both pin traders have to agree on the pin values (which are subjective and can fluctuate daily if not hourly) and then agree on the pins to be exchanged. The problem that emerges is that many people tend to overvalue their pins and undervalue other traders' pins (the 'my pins are gold/platinum and everyone else's pins are tin' syndrome), which can make agreeing to a trade difficult-to-impossible at times.

And if you don't have any Jessicas to trade, first you'd need to go into the market to acquire them (ugh) ... then try to trade/retrade them for what you really wanted in the first place (double ugh). One of the problems with pin trading is that there is no guarantee that *any* pin, no matter how popular or desirable, will trade for *any* pin. Potentially, because pin trading is so subjective, any character can trade for any character *if* you find the right person with whom to make the trade. If you already have Jessicas in your trade book, I never would tell you not to trade them if that is what you choose. If you don't, I wouldn't necessarily go out of your way to acquire her as a trader. I think that's time and effort that could be better spent focused on pins that will go straight to your collection instead of pins that may or may not be able to be traded for your collection.

In my experience, I'd definitely agree that Jessica is popular and trades quite well. But I've also found Jessica to really be a dual-edged sword and something of a pain when it comes to trading.

Most of the really sought-after pins are really quite valuable, which is great if you own them (and even better for you if you got them at cost). But from a trading perspective? Not so great. You have to remember that it takes two to make a pin trade and both pin traders have to agree on the pin values (which are subjective and can fluctuate daily if not hourly) and then agree on the pins to be exchanged. The problem that emerges is that many people tend to overvalue their pins and undervalue other traders' pins (the 'my pins are gold/platinum and everyone else's pins are tin' syndrome), which can make agreeing to a trade difficult-to-impossible at times.

And if you don't have any Jessicas to trade, first you'd need to go into the market to acquire them (ugh) ... then try to trade/retrade them for what you really wanted in the first place (double ugh). One of the problems with pin trading is that there is no guarantee that *any* pin, no matter how popular or desirable, will trade for *any* pin. Potentially, because pin trading is so subjective, any character can trade for any character *if* you find the right person with whom to make the trade. If you already have Jessicas in your trade book, I never would tell you not to trade them if that is what you choose. If you don't, I wouldn't necessarily go out of your way to acquire her as a trader. I think that's time and effort that could be better spent focused on pins that will go straight to your collection instead of pins that may or may not be able to be traded for your collection.

A dual edged blade that cuts the owner of the rarer pins more,as you can see I have a few of the "Grail" Jessicas,and I often get trade requests for open edition(and not retired or rare ones either,Hidden Mickeys,and even the latest releases from DSF :/ I even get people trying to shark them away from me by saying they'd only trade one Le1000 Halloween pin worth about $10 for multiple Grail status Jessicas :( Which is why they are out of my books altogether now >_<

I've even had someone attempt to trade me a complete set of some random 2010 Hidden Mickey series for my A/P Gomes Sprite *angry face* And the person wasn't a noob either,they had books of pins ranging from moderate to good,but they pull out some damned HM and try to trick me with a You get THIS many pins for that 1 lonesome little pin garbage
/Rant

Another popular trader besides stitch is Nightmare.We get alot of trades for our nightmare and stitch when we go to the parks.

Both dancecats and kyubee are absolutely right! While there are quite a few Jessica pins of value, it's usually not worth spending a lot of money on a trader when you can just buy the pins that you want. She can also be extremely hard to trade for. I have a friend who only collects Jessicas and yet has the hardest time making trades for her because lot of Jessica traders only trade Jessica pins for Jessica pins, simply because it's all they collect and sometimes the surest way to make a trade is to trade for the same character. So I'd say if you have some older Jessica pins, find out what their value is, if you're thinking of buying Jessicas to get pins your looking for, then like the others have said the only guaranteed Jessica pins are the costumed ones. However don't expect if you're buying new pins to have great success trading them for older pins. A great deal of the time people don't want to trade an older pin for a newer pin because it is much easier to get a newer pin than a pin that came out before pin trading was so crazy popular. Or expect that you will probably have to trade down, your low LE for a higher LE.

A dual edged blade that cuts the owner of the rarer pins more,as you can see I have a few of the "Grail" Jessicas,and I often get trade requests for open edition(and not retired or rare ones either,Hidden Mickeys,and even the latest releases from DSF :/ I even get people trying to shark them away from me by saying they'd only trade one Le1000 Halloween pin worth about $10 for multiple Grail status Jessicas :( Which is why they are out of my books altogether now >_<

I've even had someone attempt to trade me a complete set of some random 2010 Hidden Mickey series for my A/P Gomes Sprite *angry face* And the person wasn't a noob either,they had books of pins ranging from moderate to good,but they pull out some damned HM and try to trick me with a You get THIS many pins for that 1 lonesome little pin garbage
/Rant

Another popular trader besides stitch is Nightmare.We get alot of trades for our nightmare and stitch when we go to the parks.

That kind of crap makes me really mad :mad:

I get trade requests like that everyday and I just want to slap the person, and ask them "what is wrong with you?" lol. Instead I just ignore their requests and delete the e-mail XD

Last edited:
That kind of crap makes me really mad :mad:

I get trade requests like that everyday and I just want to slap the person, and ask them "what is wrong with you?" lol. Instead I just ignore their requests and delete the e-mail XD
Ditto when I get the super crap offers,I reply to offers when it's not pure garbage to say if I'm interested or not.
And I reply with a snarky attitude when I get absolute absurd offers >_>

Mmmmm, yes and no. Everyone wants the hot Jessica pins, sure...but no one is really willing to trade what they're worth. I've had mixed luck with her, despite the fact that Jess and Tink are the main ones I collect.

Thanks for the tips but yeah I've been buying Stitch lately so can't use him as a trader unless it's an extra..

Nope, not yet- they put Tink in the Belle costume instead.

I'd *love* to have a Leg Avenue-style Jessica-as-Princesses series, like they did with Jessica-as-Minnie

I had experiences similar to rubyslippergoddess's friend: Jessica never worked out as a trader for me, because it seemed like people who wanted my Jessica pins didn't have pins that I wanted. I don't know why exactly (maybe there's something in the Jessica collectors' mindset or my mindset that makes us branch out in different directions from our main collections, so that we don't overlap much). Another thing about Jessica is that some people don't like to collect pins that contain Jessica and Roger together; those collectors just want Jessica alone. So you should be aware of that when you acquire Jessicas to use for trade.

Yep. I agree I think Stitch is the most popular pin character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back