• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is this a scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a scrapper?

Disnerd1989

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry I'm not able to rotate these but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a scrapper please.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It has a border on the back, so my guess is it isn't :(

It has a shine to it but it isn't quite the same shine that most authentic pics have.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

My issue with this one is the Mickey head pattern. Something about the shape of his head looks off.
Also, DPP has a scrapper warning about this pin (and isn't her dress the wrong color in yours?)

Yep, if you have an authentic pin to compare to, look at the back. Notice how close the ears of one Mickey head are in proximity to the next head in the row. They should be almost touching. This one has big gaps.

Doesn't look authentic to me. The pin is from 2009 before you started seeing borders on more authentic pins. Also the mickey head pattern on the back is deeply stamped and shaped wrong.

Yep, if you have an authentic pin to compare to, look at the back. Notice how close the ears of one Mickey head are in proximity to the next head in the row. They should be almost touching. This one has big gaps.

That's not even the part that bothers me the most, it's the logo itself. Where the ears connect to the skull is stretched out looking. It's one of those things where it's just barelllly off, but enough to bother you.

Yeah, that Mickey pattern is definitely off. Boo, it sucks to get those. I had stopped collecting for a couple of years and got back into it. Hadn't been aware of the scrapper situation so I OCD checked all the pins I had... I think one is off, so not too bad.

Did you get it recently? If it's an eBay buy, could you PM me the seller? I'm keeping a personal "do not buy" list. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn't been aware of the scrapper situation so I OCD checked all the pins I had... I think one is off, so not too bad.

Not bad at all! I bought a handful of pins before learning about scrappers, so I did the same OCD check when I found out. Luckily none of mine were bad eggs, but then again I only bought less popular singles at the time, so it was less likely to be scrappers anyway. Just glad I know what to watch out for now when I start getting into the dangerous/common scrapper pieces. >.<'

Agreed! I bought most of my pins at least 5 years ago, when apparently eBay was a bit more honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it is a scrapper. The boarder is one big sign and the mickey head shape is wrong. It sums finding out when you have scrappers :( i have about 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back