• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It is FINALLY mine! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is FINALLY mine! :)

heyyouwannatrade

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Thanks to my dad who I can not thank enough I finally own this beautiful frame!

I have wanted this set for years! I have been close to getting it twice but lost it both times.

Recently my dad was over visiting when I came across this set. Since my pin spending has been put on hold lately I was so bummed to see it and know I could not buy it. To my surprise my dad went ahead and bought it for me. :eek2: My dad has never bought me pins before and has never really understood why I collected them but knows how much I love them. I just never expected him to buy me a single pin much less a beautiful frame.

Just had to share how beautiful this set is. I love it!!

101_1505.jpg

101_1504.jpg

101_1501.jpg

Thanks so much guys! Having all of the characters that it does was the main reason I wanted this set. I love something like this with such a great variety. It is so beautiful in person. I just keep looking at all of the artwork. The Tink in this frame is HUGE! I was lol when I first opened it. I am LOVING the Elliott pin in it as well as it is quite large. :)

Awww, that is so kind of your dad to do that :) Now that's love! Knowing that you REALLLLLLY wanted the set and buying it for you even though he doesn't understand pin collecting. He deserves a BIGGGGGG hug and a father of the year award!

Can he adopt me? That is the most awesome set and I've coveted it for years. You are so lucky to still have your dad and that he loves you so much. I lost my Dad and Mom last year and I'm glad that you got this set. It warms my heart.

You are so right. My dad is great! My parents separated almost 2 years ago and my dad took it really hard. I was the one (out of my 3 other siblings) who was always there for him to listen when he was upset and tried to cheer him up. We invited him over, cooked for him and had the kids try to make him laugh. He is doing great now, has met a wonderful lady who cares very deeply for him and we are much closer than we ever were before b/c of the whole thing. He always tells me how much it meant to him that I put up with his sadness after my mom left. He said when he bought me the frame that it was just another way of saying thank you for being supportive. I was all teary eyed. :)

Margaret, I am so sorry that you lost both parents in the same year. That is horrible. My heart breaks for you. I can not imagine. ((HUGS))

I really am still in shock that I actually have this set now!

Oh yeah, the pp# is Pin 45819: WDW - A Celebration of Characters - Framed 12 Pin Set

wow, what a great frame and set!
If you start with Snow white at the top and follow the trail of pixie dust, all of the major animated features are represented and mostly in order of their release. Very cool!

wow, what a great frame and set!
If you start with Snow white at the top and follow the trail of pixie dust, all of the major animated features are represented and mostly in order of their release. Very cool!

Very cool!! I had been staring at them all and never really noticed it. I just adore having so many characters/films represented in this frame. It is my favorite frame I have ever seen for sure!

I just gotta add that I am sooo happy for you Amanda. I remember that dreaded post where you had to sell your beloved collection, and my heart broke for you. It is hard giving up something you love, but it was for the greater good at the time and you did what you had to do. Now seeing you months later building up your collection again, it just makes me smile :) Congrats.

I just gotta add that I am sooo happy for you Amanda. I remember that dreaded post where you had to sell your beloved collection, and my heart broke for you. It is hard giving up something you love, but it was for the greater good at the time and you did what you had to do. Now seeing you months later building up your collection again, it just makes me smile :) Congrats.

Aww! That is so sweet! Thank you so much! It is hard to believe that is was no longer ago than it was that I had to let that collection go. At the time I honestly thought I was done, that I would never have the "desire" to want to push myself to try to build a collection like that back up again. THEN I went to the event and made some great trades and saw the POHM pins. It was my first event and really made me remember how much I loved those darn pins. After I helped catch us up on some bills/paid down the cc debt we had run up & my dh was able to find a new job I was back into buying like a crazy person (I do not recommend this...lol). I have to say I am really grateful as I have been extremely lucky to find such great finds from other people who were getting out of collecting pins and were looking to get rid of their whole collection or most of it. It helped me build my collection right back up extremely fast which I would have never in a million years thought I would be able to do. I love having a nice collection again. It has been a BLAST building it back up...an obsession really! lol The problem now is that I have OVERBOUGHT in my goal to build it back up! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back