• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Itrader question

Itrader question

Stitch2814

#1 Kevin Fan
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Ive been thinking about his for a while as I do wonder how people manage to get alot of their feedback quite quickly. I know people trade alot etc etc but some seem to get a really larg amount quite often.

My question is -

Is there a way to keep Itrader purely for trades/purchases/sale and not ZAPS or PIFS as I dont think that shows a great deal when there is no actual agreement to send pins and technically the person zapping or PIF's is the only one to get the feedback so anyone could join and rack up an amount of references for doing nothing really.

If it can not be stopped could there be a seperate place for people to leave ZAP/PIF's on itrader to people can see the difference between trades/sales and Zaps/PIFs??

just a question and nothing meant to insult or provoke anyone as there is always one XD

I would have to agree that a Zap should not count as a trade.
Trades should be binding agreements made between 2 parties and each leaves remarks about their experience.

I would have to diasgree about PIF as I have heard stories of people who never got their pin. I think a MOD should ask what the problem is and if not resolved, negative feedback should be left.

I would have to agree that a Zap should not count as a trade.
Trades should be binding agreements made between 2 parties and each leaves remarks about their experience.

I would have to diasgree about PIF as I have heard stories of people who never got their pin. I think a MOD should ask what the problem is and if not resolved, negative feedback should be left.

+1

Omg.. it happened. The world is coming to an end. Dan and I agree on something.

:lol:

i would count a zap as a trade more than a pif ,because your giving someone a pin and you dont even expect one in return, but that is a good idea instead of having just buyer ,seller ,trade also add like a pif or zap that way you could still leave feedback it would just be in a different category.

Well, it's all pins..

I guess that there could be more selection options for the "You Were The" under iTrader. Current options are: Buyer; Seller; and Trader. They could add Zap and PIF - and currently, Zap and PIF fall best under Trader. But, then, if there were more pin games added, where would this end? Or maybe there could be an "Other" option??

When you are looking at someone's iTrader Rating Summary page, there are tabs for 'From Buyers', 'From Sellers' and 'From Trades' and also 'Left for Others', so the ratings can be filtered.. And people that PIF, usually also trade and buy. I think PIF is a great way to get started with pin trading.. :)

ZAPs are pins too. And ratings for Zaps say ZAP..

Last edited:
..I was thinking about this some more.. if you look at the feedback that I have received, would you think that I would be a good buyer and/or a good trader? Most of the feedback that I get is from playing Pin It Forward. When I started on this forum, December 2010, the whole concept of online pin trading and buying was new to me. I was afraid of getting duped on DPF. Then, I saw Pin It Forward, and thought that it would be a great and safe way to get into the online trading arena. I think that most people that play PIF, look at it as a game (of course), but it is a form of trading. Albeit, pretty random, you get a pin from one person and you send a pin to someone else, but it is a flow of pins. Now, if PIFs never counted as valid feedback, I wouldn't have much feedback at all. I think that if someone has excellent PIF and ZAP feedback that they would be honest and trustworthy for trades, sales, and purchases. You gotta start somewhere. Everyone hasn't been doing this for years and years, like some DPFers. I mean, if you only look at my PIF and ZAP feedback, would you trust me for a trade or purchase? I think that if the shoe were on the other foot, that I would. :)

^^..

..oh and one of the more recent feedback comments that I got just says "Thanks again!" and that was not for a PIF or a ZAP. Not to be ungrateful or anything, I mean it is a positive comment, but what would a potential trader or seller learn from that? And, what would all of you do if all your feedback comments were "Thanks again!"??

..what do you think Stitch, Grim, or Dan?? Anybody??
as long as it was positive. if all your feedback said thanks, i would still trade . i would even trade with someone with no feedback , if they were new , because we were all new at one time , and i know how that is since im still rather new

Last edited:
^^..

..oh and one of the more recent feedback comments that I got just says "Thanks again!" and that was not for a PIF or a ZAP. Not to be ungrateful or anything, I mean it is a positive comment, but what would a potential trader or seller learn from that? And, what would all of you do if all your feedback comments were "Thanks again!"??

..what do you think Stitch, Grim, or Dan?? Anybody??

PIF doesn't bother me as much as the zapping because PIF is like a big group trade. But, zapping, even is you just send a piece of junk the person might leave positive feedback just to be nice and say thank you. If someone zaps a person with a scrapper or a pin with missing enamel, does that really deserve positive feedback? I don't think so. You certainly couldn't leave negative feedback because it was free, but that doesn't mean it was positive.

Worst case example, someone who knew how the system worked could come on here and send out some dime a dozen hidden mickies, rack up some good feedback and then screw over someone that decides to trade with them. Now, I don't think this is actually happening, but it is an extreme example of what could happen.

At the end of the day, getting positive feedback for zapping is kind of like buying your feedback. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
Hi Erica
I agree...I just got one for zapping..that is NOT why I did it either,I feel the PIF is a bonding trade to me..if you post,you promise to send
if NOT do not post at all

^^^ I completely agree. I don't have a problem with leaving feedback for PIF because, if you think about it (as was stated), when you commit to a PIF, you are commiting to a trade (just not a conventional trade in that you just aren't going to receive a pin from the person you send one to). When you sign up to play, you promise to send a pin ... and when you send that pin, I see nothing wrong with the recepient giving you the appropriate feedback to let other people know how well you do (or don't) live up to your pin commitments (just like a conventional pin trade or pin sale).

Zapping, on the other hand, is a gift, made because one wanted to be nice and spread some Disney magic to brighten someone's day. The appropriate way to show one's gratitude for a zap, IMO, is to send a 'thank you' email and to continue the magic by zapping someone else, not by leaving feedback.

^^^ I completely agree. I don't have a problem with leaving feedback for PIF because, if you think about it (as was stated), when you commit to a PIF, you are commiting to a trade (just not a conventional trade in that you just aren't going to receive a pin from the person you send one to). When you sign up to play, you promise to send a pin ... and when you send that pin, I see nothing wrong with the recepient giving you the appropriate feedback to let other people know how well you do (or don't) live up to your pin commitments (just like a conventional pin trade or pin sale).

Zapping, on the other hand, is a gift, made because one wanted to be nice and spread some Disney magic to brighten someone's day. The appropriate way to show one's gratitude for a zap, IMO, is to send a 'thank you' email and to continue the magic by zapping someone else, not by leaving feedback.

And, usually, DPFers that get Zapped, post a thread showing the Zap Pin and recognizing the ZAPper, if known. It's probably the case that some DPFers use the feedback mechanism as a way to say thanks for a ZAP. :hug:

Back