• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Just wanted to take a moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to take a moment...

lunarbasket

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
I know recently there's been a slew of posts asking for advice on bad trades/transactions, and that got me thinking of all the people here that have made this forum special.

I casually collected some pins when my family started going to WDW about 4 years ago - might have traded with a few cast members, but that was the extent. I didn't know about pin trading nights/events, dizpins, pinpics - anything. I didn't purchase or trade online, it was just something I did once a year on our vacation.

My grandpa had Alzheimer's and passed away in November right before our trip, and I found my distraction a few weeks later after watching Tangled and going to Florida. I wanted Tangled pins - and I was going to get them all! I relentlessly threw myself into the search - stumbled unknowingly into a DPF member (I still don't know who!) and she gave me a DPF card.

Fast forward to now. There are so many people here that have gone above and beyond what I, a great big newbie, could have ever hoped for when diving head first into pin trading. Many, many thanks to Earthbound and Stitch2814 for making it possible to pick up the Tangled pins released overseas. Thanks to Judy for being my first trade and showing me exactly what "queen of wrap" meant! Thanks to Simbanino for my first multi-trade and even after that continuing to look out for pins on my want list. Thanks to Grim for my first ever (still absolutely amazed!) zap!

Thanks to Crystal who not only "zapped" me with two pins that I needed to complete a set, but who has gone out on countless trips to pick up park/DSF releases for members at cost. To the many people that have PM'd me when one of my most wanted has appeared on eBay or offered to sell me a grail - Donna! And to all the amazing pin it forward people that just love to sneak in a little something extra that make the package special! And of course thank you to the DPF mods for putting up with my endless questions and keeping this board up and running!

This list could go on and on...the people that have offered advice and answered questions - and I know there are tons of other members that I haven't yet had the pleasure of trading with yet :wavey:

I personally know that while some keep a "blacklist" - I have a "goldlist". I can't wait to finally be able to return the favor!

Anyway - I'll get off my soap box now :lol: I just thought these people (I'm sure i'll think of more to add to this list!) needed a shout out!

Couldn't agree with you more. There are so many people on here to deserve pages and pages of praise for all they do. So thank you to everyone who has ever helped me get my oh so hard to find pins and for remembering me when something Alice comes along. You are all little angels and you fill my heart with joy.

My parents named me (middle name) after Alice in Wonderland, so while I casually pick up Alice pins and collect Alice books and anything else I can find - I always think of you Margaret! :) Here's to hoping one day I can help you with your Alice wants too!

Hi Brittany
After everything that has happen the last couple days here on the boards and PM,s I am crying here...this is what pin trading is about
Sure its about getting the shiney beautiful pins in the mail,but its the friendships that come out of it...I think of ALL of you as my extended family
You have been through everything with me,even former Dizpins members(Alot have joined here)stood by me ,through my fathers death in 1999,my Mothers several strokes
godbless shes still with me and to my sons illness and most recently (last year)my horrible cancer scare,I am in remission as anything that pops up on me could bring it back,I have to give a shout to Donna as well,I am not had the pleasure to trade with Chris(Earthbound)yet.I think I have traded with Crystal,but I need to shout out others as well,to the ones who kept me stocked in traders for zapping(Lisa Averysfairytale)Darlene/Nena(Rocke01)thanks for the chat this morning:)BreaGirl(Brea)Karen(Karen412)If theres others I have NOT mentioned,believe me you are thought of..but these stand out to me.

Thanks again..Judy

Judy, you are one of the little angels. Hope those were tears of joy:) In case I never said it - you are the one of the best things about these boards. Thank you.

so glad i could help, even though i am a newbie as well, i am pin trading hardcore because i feel like i am 10 years behind, lol, but i always like to stop and help others along with their collections since pin trading is to make great friends and make people and yourself happy.

I have a "goldlist".

That's a great way to say it. I am definitely putting together one of these for myself.

I really enjoy DPF. I love reading lots of the posts. Many of them make me smile and sometimes I down right laugh out loud. I definitely need a good laugh once in a while.

Regarding all of the posts / threads that cover fake (not authentic Disney) pins, it's important for the newer people to pin trading to have this information. This forum is a great place to learn the best about pin trading. And to truly understand the best it is important to also understand the worst. And that goes for the quality of the pins as well as the quality of the pin traders / sellers.

My hat is off to all of the more senior DPF members and those that have years of experience in pin trading. I have learned so much from all of you and for that I want to say - Thank You! :)

Well put, lunarbasket! I have had a wonderful experience both here and on the old dizpins boards.
I look forward to many more years!

So fantastic to see a post full of so much love and positivity - that's what it's all about. Thank you!

Just adding a [/insert Mickey glove] high-four to all my pin trading pals too - thanks for a great post to gush the positive aspects of pin trading. Sometimes people need to vent and some people get hung up on bellowing "SCRAPPER ALERT," but Disney pin trading is a fun addiction, a healthy outlet and a great way to meet nice people [/insert my story of my meeting Coach through a Pinpics TA]. Big hugs everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back