• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Avengers the Age of Ultron release

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Avengers the Age of Ultron release

TheOtherSteve

Active DPF Member
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Staff is hosing down the alley. Line is in the back parking lot until they let us into the alley after the show lets out (soon)

I managed to pull myself out of bed at 3:15 and got there at around 4:10. I was on the street behind DSF, across from the high school. I honestly was expecting closer to 1500-1700 people, so having 50/50 odds of at least the marquee wasn't bad at all.

I pulled my first good number since December. Not good enough to get the LE150 surprise, but I got the rest of the set. And I saw Starry and jadeites-lady and hung out with them while we waited for our numbers. No waffles, boo. But otherwise it was a good release.

I only had to trade out my Ultron, because he had a few scratches I wasn't happy with. The rest of the pins were fine quality.

Apparently the person with the number directly after mine was. It must have happened after I went into the store because I didn't see it happen.

Also, the surprise pin sold out a few people before before number 150. I don't know if a few were pulled because of damage or if the employees kept some for some reason or what, but people right around 150 were really upset.

ETA: This was the surprise release. It is *very slightly* larger than the previous comic book pins.

11163445_960978160620287_4945568924833646152_o.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled my first good number since December. Not good enough to get the LE150 surprise, but I got the rest of the set. And I saw Starry and jadeites-lady and hung out with them while we waited for our numbers. No waffles, boo. But otherwise it was a good release.

I only had to trade out my Ultron, because he had a few scratches I wasn't happy with. The rest of the pins were fine quality.

UGH! no waffles :p But I did have milk and ice cream for breakfast, lol. Hope you made it to work quickly :)

I did read on FB that people at 150 did manage to get their surprise pin, so I'm guessing that someone either started a nasty rumor OR they were probably found in another box.

This process sounds crazy.....I hope I get to experience this someday - sounds like fun, crazy, but fun...

WHY would they make the Vision pin bigger than the other comic covers?! That just looks frustrating.

I know I still want the Captain America Avengers A pin but I'm a little disappointed to see pictures of the actual pin. It looks like the A sits over a decal of Cap's shield. Decals scratch so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back