• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood Wristbands for DSF pin trading event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see what I can do ;)

tumblr_mddx80bjG11rjrj25o1_250.gif

Oooh!! I'm so excited for you Kupo!! I just know you are going to get your Stitch BT!!!

Definitely haha xD When you mentioned it I went looking through some of my HM's lol Rik is also in line so between the 2 of you, I think my chances just got a whole lot better ^_^
You guys are too awesome right now...

Well, it turns out I was #78 or so in line (several small children seemed to show up out of no where further up the line, otherwise I would have made it... From what I heard, people were told things like 'I couldn't take my kids out of school' or 'I wasn't going to make my kids wait all day in the rain'. Yeah, like all 4 of your 2-3 year old kids really want to buy 2 copies of every pin available...

Anyway, I'll still come back in the morning and try my luck in the 150+ line (which as of now consists of 1 person already...)

Hope isn't completely lost! :)

I am determined to make one or two releases this year at DSF. I want to travel from Florida to LA just to visit DSF and stand in line with you guys. I'm hoping they release something good when I'm there.

This is very interesting. Children showing up out from no where. Hmmm.... Gosh, I hope this does not happen next weekend!!!
Good luck tomorrow with your endeavour!

Well, it turns out I was #78 or so in line (several small children seemed to show up out of no where further up the line, otherwise I would have made it... From what I heard, people were told things like 'I couldn't take my kids out of school' or 'I wasn't going to make my kids wait all day in the rain'. Yeah, like all 4 of your 2-3 year old kids really want to buy 2 copies of every pin available...

Anyway, I'll still come back in the morning and try my luck in the 150+ line (which as of now consists of 1 person already...)

This is very interesting. Children showing up out from no where. Hmmm.... Gosh, I hope this does not happen next weekend!!!
Good luck tomorrow with your endeavour!

Aw that sucks!

It wasnt me!!! I was home all day! lol

You just have to _WATCH_ for it... Anyone (and that means ANYONE) that has not been in the line all along is not entitled to a wristband. If Mom camps out overnight, that's fine. If someone drops her kids off 30 minutes before the distribution of the wristbands, the kids can NOT get them. Tell Security or the person passing out the wristband that it has happened if you notice it... We made the mistake of not saying anything until after it was all over... They said the kids should not have received the wristbands if they hadn't really been in line all along. But some of us weren't certain if the very young kids were even going to get them at all (another thing they need to re-think), and I suppose others were just too nice to complain (since they were going to get their wristband anyway... It was those of at the end that should have spoken up sooner...)

:lol: Oh,... ;) I'm still excited. :) I know Kupo will get it one way or another! :)

I'm staying hopeful ^_^ I know it was short notice, but I haven't heard anything form Angel on these forums or through text, so I'm waiting on tooth and nail for that haha :anxious:

I understand not wanting to speak up because it was children, that has happened to me a few times (though it wasn't ever something I missed out because of them) but because they're children you aren't sure if they are going to get them, or you don't want to end up looking like the jerk who complained if the kids weren't even planning to get one or if they weren't allowed to get one anyways, but you immediately regret it upon missing out on the item :(

How does tomorrow morning work exactly? Is it after they are done going through wristbands, they just start selling to those in line or is it that they have to go through all wristbands first? Also, I feel pretty bad for that person in line o_O because they aren't even guaranteed one, thank you so much rik, you have at least given me hope, you and Angel!!!!

I am determined to make one or two releases this year at DSF. I want to travel from Florida to LA just to visit DSF and stand in line with you guys. I'm hoping they release something good when I'm there.

lol I know the feeling, I just signed up for the Disneyland 1/2 marathon at the very end of August and then it immediately filled up so I just made it, but I plan to get there a few days early to go to both parks, visit Universal, spend 1 day going to DSF and seeing whatever movie is at El Capitan during August and everything. I really hope there is a release then (I might get luck as there tends to be on within the last week of the month) so maybe I'll catch it I'm just really hoping it is something I want >_<

You just have to _WATCH_ for it... Anyone (and that means ANYONE) that has not been in the line all along is not entitled to a wristband. If Mom camps out overnight, that's fine. If someone drops her kids off 30 minutes before the distribution of the wristbands, the kids can NOT get them. Tell Security or the person passing out the wristband that it has happened if you notice it... We made the mistake of not saying anything until after it was all over... They said the kids should not have received the wristbands if they hadn't really been in line all along. But some of us weren't certain if the very young kids were even going to get them at all (another thing they need to re-think), and I suppose others were just too nice to complain (since they were going to get their wristband anyway... It was those of at the end that should have spoken up sooner...)

Hum I wonder......

Last night a few people left the line to go sleep in there cars to get out of the rain, I think they should have been sent to the back of the line we all stood in the rain all night in the cold thats just not fair. I should have told the woman handing out the bands. I just feel bad for the traders behind me who didn't get the banfld and sat with us the whole time never leaving the line.

Hum I wonder......

Last night a few people left the line to go sleep in there cars to get out of the rain, I think they should have been sent to the back of the line we all stood in the rain all night in the cold thats just not fair. I should have told the woman handing out the bands. I just feel bad for the traders behind me who didn't get the banfld and sat with us the whole time never leaving the line.

I know how you feel........I was there today and there were several families in front of me that have 7-10 members including young children. When I got there at 2pm there were 25 people in front of me, and when I got the waistband I was #125.......what? where are those 25 people coming from?

It was my very first time camping for waistband and it scares me. Some friends asked me whether I can help pick up the beloved tale pins, so that I decided to try out today. I was really excited about it and I don't even mind the rain. However seeing people joining their friend/family made me really nervous. Please excuse me if I misunderstand people, maybe they are DPF members who are trying to get pins for others, or they are just enjoying the time camping together as a whole family. I feel really sorry for those who had waited and didn't get anything. Guys, check on Ebay and hope you will find some good deals! Maybe Disney should find a better way lining people up and saving us time and gas.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I would've been pissed if I waited all day and then a bunch of kids showed up and the excuses were "they couldnt take them out of school" well how many people took off work to wait in line all day? I wouldve said something and I thought they had an age limit because of people doing exactly what they just did? I hope you get your pins Rik, that's just wrong what happened today and I'd definitely say something to them tomorrow. You have good pin karma coming your way after that, so be sure to get raffle tickets at the trading event and maybe you'll win something even better!

I'm sorry but I would've been pissed if I waited all day and then a bunch of kids showed up and the excuses were "they couldnt take them out of school" well how many people took off work to wait in line all day? I wouldve said something and I thought they had an age limit because of people doing exactly what they just did? I hope you get your pins Rik, that's just wrong what happened today and I'd definitely say something to them tomorrow. You have good pin karma coming your way after that, so be sure to get raffle tickets at the trading event and maybe you'll win something even better!

Yeah, if I had seen it happen and known they were going to give wrist bands to the kids, I would have said something... I mean, the back of the pin packaging says 'Not for children under 3', so that SHOULD eliminate kids under 3 (but they said ANY person could get a band, although he did say he didn't give any to infants...). They liked the idea of a 'child's wristband' that's only good for one set of pins, maybe they'll start doing something like to at least reduce the amount of this happening. It just seems like no matter what system they come up with, someone will find a way to game it...

And I certainly don't want to screw kids out of getting the pins, if they really want them... But when you see Mom, Dad, and 4 kids that they have to keep an eye on (i.e., way under teenagers), I have a hard time believing that they are spending $200+ _per kid_ to buy each one of them 2 complete sets of all 8 pins released... I doubt there's very many 6 or 7 year olds on the forums here trading (or PinPics), etc... :)

How does tomorrow morning work exactly? Is it after they are done going through wristbands, they just start selling to those in line or is it that they have to go through all wristbands first? Also, I feel pretty bad for that person in line o_O because they aren't even guaranteed one, thank you so much rik, you have at least given me hope, you and Angel!!!!

Basically, you just go and get in line again... After the 150 wrist-banded people make their purchases, they'll start letting in the 'overflow line' to buy whatever is left. For the first 5-10 people (at least) there's a good chance they might still be able to get everything (in this release, anyway). Not everyone will buy two sets of everything, so that leaves leftovers. If there's a surprise pin that's LE300, that's limited to 1 per person anyway, so that will still be there... Some people just want a pin or two total (the guy in front me, who was literally the 76th person in line, just wanted _one_ pin, and it wasn't even one of the Beloved Tales. I'm sure he won't have a problem in the morning getting his pin, but hopefully there's others like that and I might still be able to get them... Also depends on how big the stand-by line is by the time I get there...

Just getting up, on my way to the soda fountain! The worst thing that could happen is you wait in line for wrist bands but you get there after 6 am, you'll lose your spot and go all the way back to the end.

All of you who are on the road driving to DSF, have a safe drive. Wishing everyone the best for a quick, orderly release and a warm & dry weekend.

I love number 55 !!!

Good luck trying to get the Tangled BT buys!! Be SAFE! Don't late any crazies knock you over!! ;-;
I can't believe it actually was the surprise release!! The DSF is evil! I am just going to accept that I am never getting one now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back