• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Lodi canceled pin event, no early announcement was made!

Lodi canceled pin event, no early announcement was made!

TankCop

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after traveling nearly 100+ miles, getting so excited about my first pin trading event, guess what happens when I arrive?

Find out the entire event is canceled. They didn’t even post that information in their store website.

I am so sad I am honestly to sad to even cry. I spent over $60 dollars on fuel and traveled for an hour and a half for absolutely nothing!

Do now I am heading home with nothing to show for all my efforts.

I honestly might never even try this again!

Boycott the rabbit hole Trading company for misleading information and failure to update!

ooof; that sucks :(

I assume it was this event?

View attachment 17084

Organizers really need to keep people updated when something like this happens, especially because i'm sure there are a lot of cases like yours where people travel from pretty far out to be able to make it :(
Yes that event. I traveled all 122 miles and waited 2 month for nothing at all.

I don’t want to be evil but please let them know they should never be allowed to hold anymore events. I saw how large their shop is. They could easily move around things to put in some tables still. They did nothing.

@TankCop — Welcome to DPF, by the way — be sure to stop by and introduce yourself:

maybe you can make some trades with our wonderful members instead :)
I thank you for your kindness goid sir/ma’am. I am just in a foul mood and needed to get this information out to others like me that was lied to.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.... but, have you considered calling the day before to find out if they are having the event?

Awe man, sorry to hear the unfortunate news. I do hope this experience doesn't fully extinguish your spark to meet fellow traders in-person. Perhaps there's enough people here on the forum who would be interested in a meet up?

I'm always happy to spread information about events on our socials so maybe there could be a lot more interest in people attending?

That would be very discouraging. Especially for ones First, In person PT event.

I know it's Hard, but, Please, don't let it discourage you. More and more events are popping up these days.

Hopefully, we'll get a PT Event scheduled for this year.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

That would be very discouraging. Especially for ones First, In person PT event.

I know it's Hard, but, Please, don't let it discourage you. More and more events are popping up these days.

Hopefully, we'll get a PT Event scheduled for this year.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Your words are kind. Thank you. I am going to try for the NorCal event next week on the 9th.

I am only able to go to events that transpire on Friday and Saturday due to my very heavy workload. Pulling double shifts is a daily thing for my job.

Do you can understand how upset I was when I took a day off to travel over 100 miles to be greeted by nothing!

They lied about lack of room too. See past event videos of that location. They have MANY tables in the main store set up. The event was just for 3 hours. They couldn’t even manage that? BS I say!

I honestly never want them to host anything again. Those that care make an effort. Move things last minute to keep promises.

I am 44 years old man that has to work like a damn 24 year old. Don’t I deserve to enjoy what’s promised in life?

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks! Really sorry this happened to you. I would be pretty annoyed too. Hopefully you’ll get to another event (with a different host) and have a great time.

Ugh! This store/group/venue seems to have messed up. But thank you for sharing the information here. I have not heard of this trading location before (but I live far away from Cali, so that is probably not saying much.) So odd that they would plan/advertise and then cancel due to lack of space (if I understand correctly)? Seems like they should know how much space they have when they decide to hold a trading event.

Agree regarding reaching out and doing some close to event research to confirm the information and its current accuracy. But I also totally get the confidence in believing what is being advertised by the host.

Anyway, I also hope you do not get discouraged.

Also, I do think there are a few people on this forum who attend the Northern Cali pin trading events. Maybe they can provide some details on what to expect and (to be proactive) where to double check if anything changes regarding the event last minute.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you are here.

Ugh! This store/group/venue seems to have messed up. But thank you for sharing the information here. I have not heard of this trading location before (but I live far away from Cali, so that is probably not saying much.) So odd that they would plan/advertise and then cancel due to lack of space (if I understand correctly)? Seems like they should know how much space they have when they decide to hold a trading event.

Agree regarding reaching out and doing some close to event research to confirm the information and its current accuracy. But I also totally get the confidence in believing what is being advertised by the host.

Anyway, I also hope you do not get discouraged.

Also, I do think there are a few people on this forum who attend the Northern Cali pin trading events. Maybe they can provide some details on what to expect and (to be proactive) where to double check if anything changes regarding the event last minute.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you are here.
Hello! I represent The Rabbit Hole and just wanted to take a minute to share our side.

I will agree we messed up by not removing the event from our website. (It was an oversight- we thought we had already removed it and we made a mistake as humans do.)
We did post on our IG, any pin trading groups, and local pages stating the event was cancelled. We had major, unexpected water damage happen to 2/3 of our building which destroyed the room we usually use for our pin trading. We have had to close these 2 rooms, cram all product into the remaining room, and it has caused major stress on our business. We’ve hosted multiple other pin events in our store that were very successful, we do not charge anyone for this event and do not profit from it in any way.

When Benjamin arrived, we apologized profusely and offered him a free pin. We realize this doesn’t make up for the frustration, but we did try.

He has now taken this very far and continues to email us and harass us regarding this incident. Again, we agree this was an oversight on our end and we apologize.

I also want to point out: this is a large event we host, and have many people attend. He is the only one who didn’t get the message that it was cancelled, proving that we did indeed do our best to get the word out about the cancellation. (Again, aside from the website mix up.)

There was an ad listed on another event website that he shared with us, but we did NOT create that event ad nor were even aware of it to be able to shut that down.

Edited to add: the water damage was unexpected, and as soon as it happened and we realized we lost use of those spaces, we did get on immediately and share that all events were cancelled. This was Feb 22. After he came in, we decided to post again.

Last edited:
Hello! I represent The Rabbit Hole and just wanted to take a minute to share our side.
I will agree we messed up by not removing the event from our website. (It was an oversight- we thought we had already removed it and we made a mistake as humans do.)
We did post on our IG, any pin trading groups, and local pages stating the event was cancelled. We had major, unexpected water damage happen to 2/3 of our building which destroyed the room we usually use for our pin trading. We have had to close these 2 rooms, cram all product into the remaining room, and it has caused major stress on our business. We’ve hosted multiple other pin events in our store that were very successful, we do not charge anyone for this event and do not profit from it in any way.
When Benjamin arrived, we apologized profusely and offered him a free pin. We realize this doesn’t make up for the frustration, but we did try.
He has now taken this very far and continues to email us and harass us regarding this incident. Again, we agree this was an oversight on our end and we apologize.
I also want to point out: this is a large event we host, and have many people attend. He is the only one who didn’t get the message that it was cancelled, proving that we did indeed do our best to get the word out about the cancellation. (Again, aside from the website mix up.)
There was an ad listed on another event website that he shared with us, but we did NOT create that event ad nor were even aware of it to be able to shut that down.
Hi @Clb — Welcome to DPF!

Appreciate you coming here to clear the air; understandable that it's hard to get word out to everyone when something like this happens.

We invite you to post any future/upcoming events (and any updates or media from past events) in our "Gatherings/Events/Meetups" section; our members are active and engaged and i'm sure if something like this happens, someone should let others know.

Thanks for sharing your side of the story.

I wish to stay sorry for any true I have caused this business. When you travel from Fresno to Lodi (a trip of 122+ miles) you expect the event to still be held.

I am 44 years old work double shifts nearly each day and rarely get enough time off or save enough to travel. One can understand I put a lot into going here to be told I wasted all that. Yes I had full reason for my anger.

Traveling for me is a cost I can’t afford often. I am thankful for the businesses kindness.

I still want it to be know that a few simple actions could have been done. I saw a video of your October pin event. I saw quite a few tables in the stores that could have been set up. You could have put tables outside your store as well.

These actions would take less then an hour to do. I have done these for my business I work for so I know, it could have been done.

You just had 3 hour event. You could have tried.

That’s all I will say anymore on this matter. My point is made, I do apologies for hand so called “Harassment” which is really nothing more then my frustration at a business not trying hard enough.

May you have better luck in the future but I will never visit this store again.

I wish to stay sorry for any true I have caused this business. When you travel from Fresno to Lodi (a trip of 122+ miles) you expect the event to still be held.

I am 44 years old work double shifts nearly each day and rarely get enough time off or save enough to travel. One can understand I put a lot into going here to be told I wasted all that. Yes I had full reason for my anger.

Traveling for me is a cost I can’t afford often. I am thankful for the businesses kindness.

I still want it to be know that a few simple actions could have been done. I saw a video of your October pin event. I saw quite a few tables in the stores that could have been set up. You could have put tables outside your store as well.

These actions would take less then an hour to do. I have done these for my business I work for so I know, it could have been done.

That’s all I will say anymore on this matter. My point is made, I do apologies for hand so called “Harassment” which is really nothing more then my frustration at a business not trying hard enough.

We appreciate your input but having done this event in the past, it would not have fit. As you can see in the videos, we have one entire large room devoted to it and even then, it is overfilled.

We are not allowed to have tables set up outside. This event creates a very large gathering of people and it simply would not have fit. We also need to make sure wheelchairs and strollers are able to fit through our store, and with adding multiple tables, that would not have been possible.

We were very disappointed to cancel this along with other events we hold there. We look forward to this event too.

Again, the reason we had to cancel was because of extensive water damage from the ceiling. It was nothing we could have avoided or known would happen. It’s been devastating. Cancelling the event was a decision that did not come lightly.

To say we “didn’t even try” couldn’t be further from the truth. We had multiple pin vendors coming to the event. We truly didn’t want to disappoint anyone, including ourselves! We simply couldn’t help it, and we hope you understand.

We do understand your frustration, and you’re definitely entitled to feel frustrated, and we are truly sorry.

Please check your personal emails. We reached out to offer to reimburse your gas costs.

Back