• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
Hey guys I was looking to get the classic Maleficent pop vinyl figure on zavvi.com & it says pre order available 24/3/14. Why would it be a pre order when that figure is already out:s

I bet they will release a Designer Version of Maleficent and Aurora. Or at least Deluxe dolls, like they did with Oz!

Hey guys I was looking to get the classic Maleficent pop vinyl figure on zavvi.com & it says pre order available 24/3/14. Why would it be a pre order when that figure is already out:s

That usually means that they are currently out of stock and will not receive another shipment until then.

I bet they will release a Designer Version of Maleficent and Aurora. Or at least Deluxe dolls, like they did with Oz!

Umm they already have a designer Maleficent and Aurora doll, Aurora was released back in 2011 and Maleficent in 2012.

Im pretty sure they will release some dolls for the movie, there is no doubt about that but I dont think there will be any limited edition dolls released.

Umm they already have a designer Maleficent and Aurora doll, Aurora was released back in 2011 and Maleficent in 2012.

Im pretty sure they will release some dolls for the movie, there is no doubt about that but I dont think there will be any limited edition dolls released.

I know, but they look like the animated Characters from the Classic Movie. I mean Designer dolls who look like Angelina Jolie and that girl who plays Aurora.

I don't think they will release 17" dolls for the Movie, but Designer dolls or at least Deluxe dolls like the Oz ones are possible.

Wait, it will be released the 24th of March or are they just shipping it on the 24th? I didn't think they had been released yet.

This isn't for the movie maleficent but the classic one and it just says preorder for that date, I already thought it was out.

Do you mean Funko Pop Matthew? This one

A7352.w300h300.jpg

??

Yes that's the one! Thought it was already out but it says pre order 24/03/14 maybe it's just when they will get the next shipment. Does anyone have it btw? I don't have any funko pops but am quite interested in getting her.

I don't have her but was looking around the internet and saw some on eBay New in box. There's two left.. was thinking about getting the Evil Queen and I saw one with maleificent too but they are mini versions. I know they do them in my local comic shop.

I'm a big Pop collector, and I have the Maleficent Pop. It's one of my favorites. :) V. cute, but I'd recommend buying somewhere in-store if you can, cuz quality control can be an issue with Funko's products. That being said, that is the "Sleeping Beauty" movie version, and has been available for a while. This is the one for the new Maleficent movie, and it's probably the one the pre-order is referring to: http://blogdebrinquedo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Maleficent-Funko-01.jpg

I have a few POPs and want more (I also collect Disney Vinylmations) and Maleficent has been on my want list for awhile. Not sure if I love the new ones based on the Maleficent movie or not though.

has anyone heard when if at all The Disney store will be releasing their Maleficent movie merchandise?? I hope its soon and I hope for lots of nice stuff such as Dolls, mugs ect..

Disney better start announcing or releasing stuff soon its almost April and nothing yet. I am excited to see what they will have for merchandise in the stores and online

How soon is merchandise usually released before the movie hits cinema?

not completely sure but I believe the Muppets merchandise was available in late January and I believe Frozen stuff was out end of September or in October. SO I am hoping that maleficent stuff will be out in April just curious if Disney will announce something soon

I called my local DS tonight and the guy said he was guessing around April. He said he didn't know what merchandise exactly, but they did get a notice saying they'll be getting some.

I feel like the Oz stuff was out sooner than a month before the release. I could be wrong though.

Called a couple Disney stores today and they said they should be getting some Maleficent merchandise in soon. They didnt know what merch but they said soon. How accurate this is I do not know. I do wish Disney would officially announce something soon...

I feel like the Oz stuff was out sooner than a month before the release. I could be wrong though.

The movie Oz I believe came out end of April early May and the merchandise started coming out late February. I remember China Doll was available around late Feb.

So I agree we should see some Maleficent merchandise starting to appear now that they have the Muppets merchandise out of the way and the restocking of Frozen for the bluray release.

Maleficent at the El Capitan Theatre

Details of the showings of Maleficent at the El Capitan in Hollywood, California was just put up today on their Facebook page.

Maleficent with Angelina Jolie opens in theatres on Friday May 30, 2014. But the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California has an advance showing on Thursday May 29, 2014, at 8 pm. There is also a midnight showing on that day. Here is the full info from the El Capitan Facebook page for Maleficent:

MALEFICENT in Disney Digital 3D & RealD 3D (Not Yet Rated)
May 30 - July 17, 2014

Showtimes:* 10:00AM, 1:10PM, 4:20PM, 7:30PM, 10:35PM (Opening Weekend, Fri-Sun, then every following Fri and Sat)

Special Opening Nights Screenings on May 29th!
8:00PM (Doors open at 7:00PM)
Midnight (Doors open at 11:00PM)
Raffle Prizes and Costumes Contests

Plus, see an exclusive collection of Props and Costumes from the movie; including Maleficent's gown and horns.

May 29 - June 22
Before the movie, see internationally acclaimed magician Greg Wilson live on the El Capitan Stage.

For tickets, call 1-800-DISNEY6 or go to www.elcapitantickets.com!

Ask about the VIP Pin Ticket Offer!

*Showtimes may vary.

Synopsis:
"Maleficent" explores the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the classic "Sleeping Beauty" and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone. Driven by revenge and a fierce desire to protect the moors over which she presides, Maleficent cruelly places an irrevocable curse upon the human king’s newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Aurora is caught in the middle of the seething conflict between the forest kingdom she has grown to love and the human kingdom that holds her legacy. Maleficent realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in the land and is forced to take drastic actions that will change both worlds forever.

The film stars Angelina Jolie as Maleficent, Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Juno Temple and Lesley Manville. “Maleficent” is produced by Joe Roth and directed by Robert Stromberg, with Angelina Jolie, Don Hahn, Palak Patel, Matt Smith and Sarah Bradshaw serving as executive producers. Linda Woolverton wrote the screenplay. “Maleficent” opens in U.S. theaters on May 30, 2014.

Last edited:
Seeing a new movie on Thursday is no longer rare. Almost every movie gets a 7 or 8 o clock showing on thursday.
I saw Frozen at 7 the day before release and I'm seeing Captain American at 8 tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back