• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Marvel Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel Pins

Luis75

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
With the Iron Man 3 release this morning, I am really excited for the future of Marvel pins. I really look forward to collecting any new ones that are released and hopefully we get many more not just DSF pins.

For you Marvel fans out there, what are you most excited about? What is your Marvel Wishlist?

I for one am happy with the pins thus far. As long as they keep Iron Man Mickey or a Goofy Captain America out of pins, I'll be happy. I hate that about Star Wars pins.

Here is a pic of all the Marvel pins thus far for all of you out there who plan on making this a collection:

76145ADF-D99D-44C2-BF9B-E6FEBB3A9831-6112-000001CDEDC23F91_zps492b7a12.jpg

What is your Marvel Wishlist?

I for one am happy with the pins thus far. As long as they keep Iron Man Mickey or a Goofy Captain America out of pins, I'll be happy. I hate that about Star Wars pins.

They are beautiful pins, but to me, I want to see just the opposite; like Mickey as Iron Man, etc, or even Iron Man with Mickey Ears. To me, that is the Disney appeal. Unfortunately, I really think that Marvel pins are going to be a very niche collection as a whole since they can not be sold in Walt Disney World, so they will probably have to limit them to DLR or DSF releases.

I am ecstatic for the Thor: The Dark World pins. I am praying for some amazing ones, hopefully a Loki, a Mjolnir, and a Malekith the Accursed. Thor is my favorite Marvel superhero, I have a HUGE Thor and Loki collection (its disgusting actually), so I hope to buy all of these when they come out :)

Really hoping for a Loki-based pin when Thor: The Dark World comes out.
Or maybe a Bucky pin when Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes out! :eek2:

I'm truly still just ecstatic about the fact that there are going to be more Marvel pins AT ALL! =D

Meh. Hahaha jk! At first I was just going to use my set as traders... But I keep looking at them in person and I might just have to keep them. I will determine it later on tonight after I watch Iron Man 3 in IMAX 3D. :hsd:

I agree with broncobilly, I hope they make Disney characters dressed as Marvel characters, that is the appeal of the pins to me. If you see the pins as they are now, they are very nice, but none of the pins are over the top amazing imo. The best one is in between good and mediocre for me (excluding marquees since they have a preset way of how they have to look). With all the pins, since they don't want to pay royalties to the actors and actresses who play them, the most they can do is just make the suits in different poses and their weapons and they have to completely avoid nearly all things that have Thors face, Black Widow's face, and Hawkeye's face as to not have to pay Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, and Jeremy Renner respectively.

If we can get Disney characters dressed as them, it would allow us to see the suits popped open and see the suits on other characters and I really like that ^_^

I like the Mandarin/Ironman one and the stark enterprises one. Im excited to see more marvel stuff. Ive been a fan for years. My little nerdy heart yearns for this :)

I'm not a huge fan of these pins as I'm not in to marvel, but my friend who hasn't even got into pin trading would love them. She's marvel mad! They do look quite good and I would get her a couple for her birthday but I imagine the resell is through the roof right now.

They are beautiful pins, but to me, I want to see just the opposite; like Mickey as Iron Man, etc, or even Iron Man with Mickey Ears. To me, that is the Disney appeal. Unfortunately, I really think that Marvel pins are going to be a very niche collection as a whole since they can not be sold in Walt Disney World, so they will probably have to limit them to DLR or DSF releases.

Oh that's interesting! How come they can't be sold in WDW but can in DLR?

-Charlie

Oh that's interesting! How come they can't be sold in WDW but can in DLR?

-Charlie

With the purchase of Marvel, Disney agreed that they couldn't put Marvel characters in the parks in Orlando due to the contractual agreements with Universal Orlando. With that being said, that wouldn't stop them from selling said pins at Pin Traders at Downtown Disney. They wrapped monorails twice with The Avengers and Iron Man 3 and ran them on the MK lines.

I, too, would look forward to character mash-ups no matter how silly they might be. Stitch as Loki, Pete as Thanos, and there's a great fanart mashup of Mickey Deadpool (Deadmouse) that would make a wonderful pin. It probably gets screwy in there somehwere with movie rights vs comic rights for character depictions... But I can dream.

Unfortunately, I really think that Marvel pins are going to be a very niche collection as a whole since they can not be sold in Walt Disney World, so they will probably have to limit them to DLR or DSF releases.

Disney can not have Marvel characters in the parks in Florida due to the contract Marvel has with Universal before they were purchased by Disney but as far as I know, that has nothing to do with merchandise. Disney should be free to sell pins from what I have heard the details of the deal are. Could be wrong but I haven't heard any restrictions.

With the purchase of Marvel, Disney agreed that they couldn't put Marvel characters in the parks in Orlando due to the contractual agreements with Universal Orlando. With that being said, that wouldn't stop them from selling said pins at Pin Traders at Downtown Disney. They wrapped monorails twice with The Avengers and Iron Man 3 and ran them on the MK lines.

When you say the MK line, you mean the one that went through the resorts and the Ticket Center, right? From what I read at DisBoards when this first started, as long as the monorails in question did not go over "park space" (meaning paid admission parks), it was kosher.

Disney can not have Marvel characters in the parks in Florida due to the contract Marvel has with Universal before they were purchased by Disney but as far as I know, that has nothing to do with merchandise. Disney should be free to sell pins from what I have heard the details of the deal are. Could be wrong but I haven't heard any restrictions.

Actually, I think it was interpreted to mean nothing Marvel related in any of the proper park properties, i.e. the 4 paid admission parks. When we went in 2009, they had a bunch of stuff in the parks, and when we went back in 2010, there was not a single Marvel item anywhere in the parks, just in Downtown Disney, as Redstorm pointed out

They do look quite good and I would get her a couple for her birthday but I imagine the resell is through the roof right now.
'

It depends on what you classify as "through the roof" but I would say the prices of the pins are quite underwhelming. The set can barely scratch $250 (I've seen some with the surprise pins struggle for around here as well) which is less than the cost of the Tangled BT when it first came out o_O

I, too, would look forward to character mash-ups no matter how silly they might be. Stitch as Loki, Pete as Thanos, and there's a great fanart mashup of Mickey Deadpool (Deadmouse) that would make a wonderful pin. It probably gets screwy in there somehwere with movie rights vs comic rights for character depictions... But I can dream.

I'd love to see different, non Fab-5 characters dressed as them but I can only dream. My biggest dream, Jessica Rabbit as Black Widow or other Avengers characters, that set might get a little crazy o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back