• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MCD's wifi blocks Chat :(

MCD's wifi blocks Chat :(

coblj003

DPF Charter Member
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
45   0   1
So I'm at MCD's using the Wifi while waiting for my wife to get off work which I know Chat has worked in the past. Now neither Chat nor facebook apps will load, heck half of threads I'm trying to access on DPF aren't loading all the way. Turns out I'm now reading the terms and service and it can block applications/sites that appear to have high data usage(go figure facebook and twitter), how much data usage does chat use though?

that's really odd...i really have no explanation. Chat , or hte boards for that matter, shouldnt use much at all -- what exactly does it say when you're trying to access chat or the boards?

Turns out the proxy server this MCD's use blocks "All" flash and java applications(which half the sites I frequent use). I don't know if its that specific MCD's(AT&T Wayport) or if all of them have started using that but if anyone is on the go beware of that or any wifi place now. I was better off using my cell phone because the threads on here wouldn't load halfway through the wifi.

Last edited:
Turns out the proxy server they use specifically blocks flash and java applications(which half the sites I frequent use).

this makes sense, and would probably have been my initial suspicion, since the forums nor chat are what I would consider high bandwidth (at least not for a single user during a single session).

Back