• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
OOC* Aurora you need to make space in your PM box so that I can reply to your accusation and give you some info

Walt_Disney_Princess_Aurora_By_DisneyExclusiveOnline.jpg

Disney_Villains__Scar_by_Disney_Cats_Club.jpg

*Aurora and Scar head off together towards the original crime scene to research the possible involvement of an expected fiend.*

81_384.jpg

* On top of the attraction Scar sees the item of interest. He makes his way over and with one great leap grabs the lamp.*

"Genie COME OUT and I mean NOW!! We have some questions for you."
ss-6516556-genieLamp.jpg

*With a little rub on the lamp a puff of smoke begins to come out of the lamp. Suddenly Scar is frightened by what he sees.*
Aladdin.jpg

SCAR*"SIMBA???!!! Why do you still haunt me?"*Scar drops the lamp.*

Tink watches as aurora runs off without her bodygaurd to talk to scar about who who shethinks the killer is. Tink worries something may happen to her. Meanwhile tink looks thru dodos thing to see if any clues could be found.

MPH ponders aloud what Dodo's ghost recalls: "assuming the killer is human seems plausible. I'm curious if they actually smoke or were doing so to trick Dodo, although that isn't a great clue as most people here don't smoke. Taking Jafar off the list is helpful. We knew it wasn't any of the other villians pictured as they don't fit the male and 1974 clues, as I believe Peter Pan was released in the 50's."

OOC: I'm having a lot of fun this game, and although I feel like I should be further along with the clues my lack of watching some of the latest animated releases hinders me. I still have fun, though. Oh, I miss the pile of leaves clue...of course, maybe the fact that we don't have it is a clue?

Aurora unafraid as her anger for all the dead princesses out weighs any fear she has and so she grabs the lamp. Genie I am now the owner of the lamp and I only have one wish. I wish that you will spend another 1000 years trapped in this lamp!!!

Last edited:
thumbnailCAFL05M8.jpg

Genie:"Well I guess she has me there. But maybe I should educate you as to why I did it. Jasmine took my best friend Aladdin away from me. I just wanted a friend. That's why I wanted Jadis statue. I mean she is a Genie also and I feel that maybe should could understand me. Am I sorry.....well maybe for most, but Jasmine...nope I feel she had it coming."

*With that Genie is sucked into his lamp and is officially arrested by Aurora. The last words we hear are...*

"...itty bitty living space."

OOC* It is official Aurora has arrested Genie---GREAT DETECTIVE WORK and Congratulations!!
I will explain it all tomorrow as it is 1:40 am here and I need to sleep.....trust me in my mind it makes sense and after tomorrow it will in your mind also...On a side note Basil sent me a PM about 5 days ago wanting to know if it was genie...I didn't answer to save the integrity of the game, but atleat I knew then I was on the right track.

Congratulations! I *just* figured it out - everything just *clicked* with that last clue, but I couldn't get on line to check the game until after an arrest had been made. Very well done!

Thanks for another great game, Wally - I'm looking forward to the next one!

Ok guys and gals, first of all thanks for an absolutely great game. I feel this one was one of the best and everyone tried to get into character. This makes the game more enjoyable for me. Congrats to Crystal for solving it and your pin will be mailed as of Monday. Now that it is over I would like to take an honest survey of how many people were close. So please post a comment reflecting your feelings here. I study these to make the next game better. One thing you should know is that in the middle of this game it become clear with so many deaths that a third part to this story would be difficult. That's why Kiara was returned and this one finished with a case solved stamp on it. Next game will be in Tokyo Disney SEA and start a new series.
Now for the burning question for some of you---How did the clues relate---below is MY thoughts on as much as I can remember and how you could have reached the Genie.

1) KILLER IS A SERVANT OF JADIS---The servant part of this clue was most important as Genies are basically servants
2) FEATHER--covered with blood...no matter how much they clean it, it still looks red--DNA unknown at this time - not from any sample provided to the lab...size undetermined---The facty that the feather was always red no matter how much they cleaned it pointed to it coming from Iago. Thus it would have been considered a clue of transference from someone Genie had been in contact with. The fact that Iago was doing detective work when the sample feathers were collected meant that his feather was not in the samples to compare.
3) BLACK HAIR--DNA shows it comes from a male---non asian but doesn't match DNA of fur or white hair---species not determined as of yet--This is a clue directly from Genie...later in the game had it continued, a fact that no DNA as if it had disappeared was detectable would have been revealed...leading to a possible conclusion that the species was not real,but just myth
4) WHITE HAIR--BROWN FUR---DNA male--Do not match Black hair--species not determined as of yet - shows DNA from two different species--Ok I know this one confused alot of people and I meant for it to do exactly that. Can't make these things too easy afterall. Both these are clues of transference from Abu. The brown fur is self explained, but the white hair comes from when Genie turned Abu into a white horse briefly. The fact that it had horse DNA was actually the next info that Scar would have revealed from the lab. also I hinted at the possibility that the fur was Abus at the HM scene when I said to Abu that he was shedding and getting Fur all over the crime scene.
5) BLUE CLOTH--what kind of cloth yet to be determined---This is directly tied to Genie from his pants
6) GLINT OF LIGHT OFF SHINY SURFACE--probable metal, but not confirmed--another dierect tie to Genie..could have been from his bracelets or earring
7) Gold Thread --Clue of transference from carpet's tassles
8) Character not know prior to 1974
9) Small piece of red material - what type of material?---Direct to Genie as his waist sash is red
10)Lemon and cinnamon and honey--direct to Genie as these are the main ingredients for baklova, which Genie makes when Aladdin first meets him in the cave
11)LARGE DARK/GRAYISH COLORED FEATHER - But it seems that this feather has two kinds of DNA. One of them matches the brown fur found earlier, but the feathers DNA doesnt match the white hair which also has the same Dna pattern as the fur. I have never seen anything like this."---same situation as the white hair...the feather was an ostrich feather from when Abu was changed into an ostrich....this would have been a lab given clue later
12)The tourist that "Smokes"-- In the movie Genie asks Aladdin "Mind if I smoke? in one of the songs...also later in the movie Genie appears in a tropical shirt with a Goofy hat

NOTE 1:
KIARA IS GONE AND THAT WAY SHE WILL STAY
UNTIL THE QUEEN IS FREE FROM HER PRISON OF ROCK HARD CLAY
I AM HER SERVANT BUT WHO AM I?
FIND OUT NEXT TIME YOU WILL ALL DIE---Again the word servant was the subtle hint here

NOTE 2:
YOU WANT HER BACK THEN DO AS I SAY
THIS IS THE PRICE YOU HAVE TO PAY
BRING JADIS BACK, GIVE ME HER STONE
I HATE BEING ALL ALONE--- Alone is the key word here as Genie spent so much time alone...a 1000 years in a cave of wonders

STUPID MONKEY...NOTHING MORE TO SEE...NO CLUE...STUPID APE---nothing important here

NOTE 3:
I WILL ASK JUST ONE MORE TIME
I TRULY HATE TO COMMIT THESE CRIMES
BRING ME JADIS AND IT ALL WILL BE DONE
KILLING FOR ME IS JUST NO FUN --Dislike for killing points to a non villain character

NOTE 4: I'M NOT USUALLY CONSIDERED TO BE SO BAD
IN FACT IT ALL MAKES ME SAD
IT SEEMS MY METHODS ARE OUTDATED
BUT WITH JADIS It COULD BE RELATED---OUtdated points to an old character(how old is Genie anyway?) Last sentence --BUT WITH JADIS It COULD BE RELATED...That small t is not a typo...and this points to the fact that Genie possibly could be related to Jadis...they are both Genies afterall

ANOTHER PRINCESS SOON TO DIE
BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THE REASON WHY
BRING ME THE STATUE OF THE SNOWQUEEN
OR ONCE AGAIN I'LL TURN MEAN---not much revealed here...a possibilty of change

NOTE 5:
HERE LIES TIANA SUCH A BITTER END
BECAUSE A PRINCESS TOOK MY FRIEND---Jasmine took Aladdin from Genie in a sense and he held a grudge. The first victim Jasmine and the place of death were chosend to tie the character in to the murder.

SO YOU FOUND MY BARGAINING CHIP
NO BIG DEAL, NOW HERE'S A TIP
BRING ME THE THING I WANT THE MOST
OR ALL OF YOU WILL BECOME A GHOST
I HAVE THE POWER TO DESTOY THIS PARK
PIECE BY PIECE TIL IT'S ALL DARK ----Power is the key word here

ANNOUNCEMENT: LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE APOLOGIZE, BUT AT THIS TIME ALL GUESTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO EXIT THE PARK. THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO ONE OF THE OTHER PARKS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY. ANYONE SHOWING YOUR PASS FROM THE MAGIC KINGDOM WILL BE GIVEN FREE ENTRANCE. ALSO COMPLIMENTARY DINNER FOR ANYONE INCONVENIENCED BY THE NEED TO EVACUATE THE MAGIC KINGDOM. AT THIS TIME FOLLOW THE CAST MEMBERS INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCEED QUICKLY AND SAFLEY TO THE TRANSPORTATION STATIONS. THANK YOU AND AGAIN WE APOLOGIZE. ---no real clue here--just an announcement

Items found may or may not belong to the killer. It could have come from something or someone the killer associates with.

TRIVIA:
1. Magic Carpet Ride called Jasmine's Flying Carpets (The killer is male)
2. Looping coaster at Disney Sea called Raging Seas opened in July 2005 (Clue was killer is non-Asian)
3. Backstory to the Raging Seas refers to the ancient gods/spirits having been angered. The statues has been uncovered by an excavation group and removed from the sight. Who removed the statues and angered the spirits. Answer is Harrison Hightower. (Research this) (Killer not known prior to 1974)
4. WHO WAS THE "ORIGINAL" SPONSOR OF IT'S A SMALL WORLD(not the Tokyo version) and WHO IS THE CURRENT SPONSOR OF IASW IN TOKYO DISNEYLAND? old unicef and pepsi-co new Sogo (killer wears or has large/dark grayish colored feather)

the killer is not necesarily the one with white hair and fur. Clues provided thru the trivia relate directly to the killer and the clues found at the scene lead to those around the killer

Note left by Scar as a clue - inside from the killer - outside Scar
GONE ON A NIGHT HUNT----Scar 1-11-9-26
on the inside you see--- 10-2-21 ---This note is actually from Scar not Genie and just led to Big Thunder Mountain- on the front were SCAR 1-11-9-26--this indicated that S should be the first letter of the alphabet C the 11th and so on thus leading to BTM inside the note---most of you figured this out I think.

Good and bad are so subjective, but the killer doesn't consider himself bad. So we have a self-considered good person doing bad things for a reason that we're meant to already know? In additon to having something against princesses, this fellow is becoming a royal pain in the .

There were not many hidden clues but a few...one of Louies songs mentions Agrabah for example.

CLUES that were upcoming included and earring, rubber ducky, treasure, Jack Nicholson cameo appearance and the list goes on and on--each one would have gotten you a little closer to Genie.

Like I said this one is in the books and a new one will happen in thefuture, but as always I need a break. Next game I will offer a new option in the rules. In the meantime I MAY open a thread with a how to play type guide for people to read and understand better.

Finally I am not a very smart person and have NO training in CSI type work. Things are as accurate as I can make them and if there are mistakes I apologize.

Thank you.
Wally

Last edited:
I was getting close and I was at least in the right movie. I had chosen Jasmine's dad, but it didn't fit all the clues. Great job and now that I have a better understanding of the game I hope I'll do better next time. Since I died, guess I have to find another character. Thanks so much for doing this and allowing me to have such a great time playing. I have had so much fun:)

Margaret (aka Dodo Byrd)

Thanks Wally! It was a great game, and I had a great time. I had my "official" list of movies down to 12, but my top 4 suspects were Genie, Sultan, Rajah, and Aladdin. I was waiting for a definite clue to specifically point to which male character from that movie the killer was. When CaliGurl called me (and woke me up!) this morning, and told me dodo's clue, that was the the push we needed to figure out who it was. Really enjoyed it, and glad it ended just before I had to quit! Would have hated to see Anton die, had fun playing him.

Thanks again, it was fun, and I look forward to the next one.

Since I died, guess I have to find another character.

Actually, you're in luck! Since Wally said the next game is a new series, Dodo Byrd will be alive again! :) You can play him or choose a new one. Up to you, but I think you did well with Dodo.

PS: I loved when your character thought that Jessica had been killed in the beginning. Great way to play your character!

Congratulations Crystal! :bigthumb:

Wally, thanks again for another great game. I am certainly ready for the next one! :D

I do have one more question about a possible clue. Did you originally plan for the security footage of "Kaa" with Jasmine to be Genie posing as Kaa? And was that the method he was using to murder her?

I didn't have a clue until Dodo's clue ... then it just 'clicked' and I knew who the killer was. But by that time, Crystal had made the arrest. Congrats to everyone, thanks for the great game, Wally. I can't wait for the next one - I can't wait to see how it plays out, with both Jafar and Scar as co-hosts.

And even though I'm not a mod, Wally, I can answer that question (I think). I believe you get the blue ribbon under your name from the mods. They give them to people they feel contribute to the community in a way is deserving of recognition.

Great Job crystal!!!!! woot!
Wally Great game! LOVED it. wish i had more time to research as dear daughter of mine took over my computer the past couple of nights!!!! i wasnt sure if it was Genie or aladin, i was leaning toward genie as i didnt think you would have aladdin kill jasmine! but want 100% sure. a 5 star game!! cant wait till the next one! Tink is now on Vacation! woot!

With my trivia question ruling out Europe, USA, Canada, and Mexico; I was really fixed on Aladdin as my top suspect movie. I had to guess and I was down to Jafar or Genie. I went with Jafar with the red cloth and black hair and that it seemed villains would be more likely.

To answer the question about the Kaa scene with Jasmine. I did not intend it to be any kind of clue. But I understand ur reasoning. It was nothing more than trying to include a funny image that I found. If I had it to do over I probably would leave it out as it caused some confusion.

Congratulations Crystal.

I did not have the character but Stef & I had been discussing it and had worked out the movie. I obviously need to sit and watch the movies again as I could not remember all the characters Genie had turned Abu into, I'd forgotten about the horse.

Wally great game once again, let's home the next game we get more UKers playing as it might help pace it better throughout the day.

Back