• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MORE Scary new scrapper images from China????

Status
Not open for further replies.
MORE Scary new scrapper images from China????
I'm a bit confused, honestly, about why you needed to 'prove' that this 'David' is legitimate. Why do you need this proof? Am I missing something here? :confused:

Although, and not to be completely pessimistic about your 'proof,' to me, this doesn't prove anything. What you have is a picture with a timestamp of someone who may or may not be 'David.' Can anyone actually prove the emailer's claim that the photo is of David and not a picture of a random male holding two pins who is claiming to be David just to satisfy your request?

I was having fun and messing with him! Obviously I'm not buying from him silly lol

I just enjoy making him take funny pictures of himself. Just pure fun lol

PS- he did take several pictures with pins over his eyes and making funny faces. He REALLY wants me to buy from him ahahaha, not gonna happen (;

PPS- I would post pictures because theyre hilarious but I guess it's agains forum rules.... still funny :D

I truly do not mind the notice on what to look for in the way of potential scrappers but if there is no boarder or difference, such as mat verses shiny finish, it is just a heads up in my opinion. I am going to think the pin I get is real if it is off a lanyard or in a trade and has no obvious way to identify them. I need what to look for so that I do not trade for the pin that may be bad.

Here is the perfect example... Quite a while back there was a lot of Figment counterfeits hitting lanyards. Most were WDW pin LE1000 (or counterfeit of them anyway). We traded for them because we figured we could make a frame for the house with them and we really didn't care about them being legit or not as it was just for us and I liked the thought of only having to use a trader pin to get them. This last trip in November we got a duplicate of one of the figment pins we had gotten before. I thought it was bad for sure but when I compared it, to my amazement it was REAL. We almost didn't trade for it as it was on a lanyard but took a chance and came out with a real pin. I knew there were fakes out there of this pin and feel many probably avoided it because they knew the same thing. That knowledge almost cost me a nice LE pin off a lanyard. It is truly a double edge sword. Knowing the pin had been counterfeited probably caused many to pass it up before us and almost caused us to do the same. So in this case knowledge that a pin had been scrapped almost hurt us.

I still feel if one can not provide the things that can help you identify the pin as a illegitimate pin then we should treat them as real. Once a pin has been identified by the actual differences then we should list them, I would go so far as to list the real verses the bad pin and the differences. That is a list I can support and get behind. If someone wanted to start that kind of a listing that would be one I would give merit to. It is not enough to just scream scrapper you need "this is a bad pin because...".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back