• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mouse Gears/ Steampunk series warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mouse Gears/ Steampunk series warning
Hi Selen
I come back and I see all this what the heck!!GUYS please send the info here:

Thank you for your correspondence. We want you to know that we appreciate the time you took to bring this matter to our attention. We protect our intellectual property rights vigorously and we take reports of suspected infringement seriously. However, as you can appreciate, investigations are confidential.We neither reveal our sources nor generally correspond further with them about any investigations.

Please feel free to use our email address tips@disneyantipiracy.com or our Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300, if you want to provide more information about the suspected infringement or to report a suspected infringement in the future.

Very truly yours,

Antipiracy Group, Corporate Legal

The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-0527

They send a response they recieved it..who knows it might just help:(

I'm sorry to say this, but I believe Disney Pin Collecting is dying, or it may already be dead. Who wants to own a pin with a limited edition of 100, or any pin for that matter, if it has been mass produced? It's just too much of a bother to try to keep up with what has and what hasn't been mass re-produced, and for all we know every single one of the really desirable pins has already suffered this fate.

Update: A small accomplishment and lemons-to-lemonade story here:

3 Pinpics entries have already been updated yesterday including Laz's unlucky pin. The only pinpics mod who attends this is usually swamped moderating bad trades, etc., so we need to be patient.

Anne, I totally hear and understand where you are coming from. I often get frustrated too. We buy our pins from ds.com bright, shiny and legit. Then someone else turns around and pumps mass-produced versions and all of a sudden we are holding a "lemon" for the lack of a better term.

Last edited:
Hi Selen
I am surprised the remarks about the pin are still on Pinpics,they normally transfer them to a link
on Pintalk!to get you JMHO to go there....So its good that its still there..

Selen, I hope you know that I would never intentionally offend you and I offer you my sincerest apologies. Had I seen the links and such prior to my post, my post would have been much different. I get emails a lot from China and I compile and send a list to Disney with pictures. Your links will be included in my next letter. The point I was trying to make if that I'm worried that Disney is going to give up on pin trading and we will be left with nothing else to collect. There are so many traders who are dropping out because they feel like they can't trade because no one trust anyone else. I'm done with eBay buying unless I know the seller and have purchased from the for years. That is one of the reasons I'm downsizing my collection. I'm truly sorry that I offended you, it was NEVER my intention and I consider you a valued friend.

I see more and more of these steam punk pins on Ebay. This is LE 250 pin. There have been almost 50 completed sales on Ebay in about 90 days on Jessica alone

Appeal to your common sense before placing bids on Ebay. The authentic pin should have 14 digit numbers on its back as you can see from the picture in post 21 here.

FYI .....

Selen, I hope you know that I would never intentionally offend you and I offer you my sincerest apologies.

Ditto Margaret. Thanks for being so sweet to me :) I am sorry for being so touchy-feely, but we women are hormonal things :lol:

Last edited:
I noticed more and more Steampunk Jessica lately too. I looked close at one of them and I thought it seemed a little off to me. Someone just made a terrible unclothed Jessica pin of my old site logo - so really anything is possible - but this really cheapens the entire experience of pin trading and collecting. Like it was said above, we could have a great pin, but because it was copied it makes even our authentic one questionable. I guess we have to save all of our receipts and paperwork as proof of sale now lol

Thanks so much for this post/discussion. I am a recent collector and I have come across a few pins that I suspect have been scrappers but it's hard to judge. Little things like imperfect paint, metallic eyes, background pattern, weight, pin posts (and smaller barbs), color and rough edges always set me off. I am learning, but it's tough. I have tried to explain and return a few of them and have run into a bit of hostility (which means I just won't buy from the seller again). Anyways, I am rambling. Keep up the vigilance!

I did see quite a few Steampunk pins show up within the last 20 days or so (and bid on them). fortunately, I did not win :)

Holy wow! Thanks for the heads up! Yea... I still remember when I first got into Pin Trading, I bought a bunch of pins from the disney pin store and went out and traded all of them. Came home. Did some research. Joined pinpics and this forum. And was super sad cause most of them were all scrappers. It makes me super sad. I wished that there were some kind of warning or anything that could have at least warned me when I was at Disneyland but alas... there was no such thing.

Update: I got a counterfeit Jessica Rabbit Steampunk and took pics before I return it so others can see what it looks like.

image4_zpsace3dc25.jpeg
image_zps935b00e1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back