• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My GRAIL of Grails . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GRAIL of Grails . . . . .

caligirlUCR

Active DPF Member
Rating - 99.2%
234   2   1
I just recieved am holding my Grail of Grials right now . . . and I am so excited and overflowing with emotion . . . This is the only pin I have ever found that when I saw it for the first time it made me cry . . . . I found it on ebay about 3 or 4 years ago and at the time was selling for $70-$85. A price that no matter how much I wanted it I could not afford. I occasionally will search for it just to see if the price has changed and have gone so far as to email the ebay sellers and ask if I could do partial cash and partial trade. (Hey it was worth a shot) So then last week I decided to search for it and there it was Buy it now for $35 . . . I put it in my watched list while I gathered my thoughts I of course came to my senses and bought it within minutes.

So I'm going to get a little personal right now . . . . because I have some feelings that are litterally pouring out of me and I have to get them out somewhere and I feel like this would be a good place and there is a chance some of you might understand . . . . so bear with me . . .

As some of you may know and more of you may not - The reason I collect Dumbo is because of my Mom. Actually I can thank my mom for my entire Disney obsession but most of all Dumbo. She used to sing me Baby mine and rock me to sleep when I was little. My first trip to Disneyland was when I was 14 months old and my very first ride was Dumbo - and I have the best picture of my mom and me on that ride that day. Also she definitely had the characteristics of Mrs. Jumbo. She loved me unconditionally and was definitely protective of me.

Well my mom passed away 8 years ago and on Mothers Day . . . in 2003. So to say the least this pin is in a word PERFECT - it captures the way I remember my mom. And I am sooo grateful to be holding it in my hand right now that I cannot even express all of the emotions that I am feeling. I don't think I ever thought that I would ever get this pin. It seems silly that a shiny colored piece of metal could envoke this much emotion from me but there you have it. Thanks for being my outlet for some of this overflowing emotion. :0)

Oh and of course - the pin:

pin22268

Wow,just wow.That's an amazing story behind a grail and a very amazing link to when you finally got it.
I'm very very happy for you to finally have this pin.
Will you be doing a custom frame for it with a picture of your Late Mother? I think that would make it even more special.

I think you should use photoshop to stamp a heart onto the thumb image in your sig,instead of the usual / people draw over the grails they have obtained

Thank you for sharing that story, I'm so glad you were able to get this pin! :) it makes it all the more special

Oh my god, what a special story for a very special pin. I think we all are very happy for your right now. Definitely the most special meaning behind a grail that I have ever heard. My most heart-felt congratulations to you. :)

Kyuubee that is a great idea - I would love to do the heart with "Lovingly Obtained" But I unfortunately don't have photoshop or a program that would do it . . . :0(
But yes I will be making a frame for this one w the picture of my first ride on Dumbo w my mom . . . :0)

Halloweenfiend - sorry did not mean to make anyone cry - I have finally stopped and I just dont wanna put the pin down :0)

Thanks for all of the congrats wishes :0) I knew u guys would understand!

Awww that is awesome!!!! Does anyone know how to resize? For some reason my signature and I dont always get along . . . in fact there are only 6 Holy Grails in my signature because if I add a 7th it wont save it and says it is too large!! lol . . .

WOW... What a wonderful Story! I cried as I read it because you expressed exactly how I feel about my Mother. She is still living but getting up there (in her 70's) and I am already dreading the day. My Mom collects Snow White pins so when one comes along I get it for her. (Actually, I think that we have provided her with almost her entire collection). They sit in her living room on a large cork board for everyone to see like they were a family portrait. I can not imagine the importance of that pin to you as I know the few Snow White pins I have put in my own collection are because of and for my own Mother. Thank you for telliing us your story.

Rocke01 - lol . . . Snow White was my mom's fav princess too!!! :0) When the day does come I hope that having that collection and knowing how much it meant to her will help in some way to bring you peace. Its amazing how material things like that can help us cope - for me it is my moms christmas ornaments/decorations.

:cry: wow. That is absolutely the most wonderful reason to love a pin that I've ever heard. If I had known the story & seen the pin, I would've bought it for you myself. Please post a pic when you get it framed. :cry:

Awww Nettiejeanne that is sooo sweet of you! and I promise I will take pics when I get it framed - I need to have the picture cropped and re-sized and decide what else I want to put in the frame :0)

And yay - it worked!!! Thanks so much!!!!

That's just an amazing story behind a fabulous pin. After hearing (reading) your story, I believe that pin was designed for you. Congratulations on finally acquiring your grail - I'm so happy for you that you got the pin. I know that you will give it a wonderful home and I can't wait to see pictures of the fabulous completed frame. :)

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your beautiful tale. I think we were all joining you in your very emotional moment!

Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back