• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Pin Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Pin Collection

Snoudel

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just today I started doing something with the pins that I have; this is how I am storing them.

The chest where all my boards will be:
IMAG0074.jpg

My limited edition 100 pins in the chest:
IMAG0075.jpg

Close up of my le 100 boards:
IMAG0076.jpg
IMAG0077.jpg

Will keep updating collection :). Have many more pins!

Thanks for looking!

That's an ingenious place to put pins, much nicer then the rubber maid container I currently house mine in. While I want to eventually frame some of mine, a chest would be great way to keep everything out of my desk.

I was thinking of doing that, cupcake, but I would not know where to start. I am just going to put a layer of styrofoam between each set of boards.

I now keep mine in acid-free plastic pages with pockets sized to hold baseball cards. The pages hold nine pins each. I seal the keeper pin pockets. I then put the pages into a zippered 3 ring portfolio. I used to use pin bags for all my pins but switched to this new method to protect the keeper pins from rubbing on each other and getting scratched. Each portfolio can hold about 150 pins and I've filled 3 of them so far. I still keep my traders in the pin books to make access easy.

I have a lot rare pins that I won't trade that are for exhibition only. I've been collecting and trading for 15 years and I've worked hard on my collection. I got the portfolios at Wal Mart and the plastic pocket pages at Office Depot. It works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back