• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need some help with a Scrooge McDuck Statue/Figurine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help with a Scrooge McDuck Statue/Figurine

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
OK, years and years ago (2000-2001) in a prior lifetime, I was at Epcot and saw this amazing Scrooge McDuck Figurine. I want to say it was a Hummel, as it was in the shop that is now MouseGears as well as the German pavilion at EPCOT. It retailed for around $175 back then, and I remember going back to look at it 4 times before buying it.

It had him sitting on a pile of money, but unlike the ones that circulating on E-Bay, he had on his blue coat, the money was shinier (more bright gold than dull) and the whole thing was on a square white base, instead of him just sitting on the money. In this case, he was on the money, and the money was on the base. I lost this due to personal reasons and have been trying for 2+ years to find it again, or at least get an idea of what I am looking for.

my father collects Hummels and Lladros, however, not any Disney themed ones :( Hope it turns up for ya!

I know that store in Germany sells mostly Goebel products. My dad collects Scrooge and we have bought him some figures, snowglobes, etc over the years but I have never seen the one you are describing. I've seen Scrooge wearing red and purple jackets but not blue, just in the pins and have only recently seen the WDCC figures and the big fig.

ducktales-2.gif

It had him sitting on a pile of money, but unlike the ones that circulating on E-Bay, he had on his blue coat, the money was shinier (more bright gold than dull) and the whole thing was on a square white base, instead of him just sitting on the money. In this case, he was on the money, and the money was on the base. I lost this due to personal reasons and have been trying for 2+ years to find it again, or at least get an idea of what I am looking for.

This looks very similar to what you are describing but not a blue coat. :(
a217.jpg

This looks very similar to what you are describing but not a blue coat. :(
a217.jpg

HOLY! I thinks that's it. Do you actually have that? Do you know anything about it. I might have been wrong about the blue coat, but I remembered the white base

I don't have it, sorry. :( I just found it on the internet but unfortunately what I found wasn't a sale, just more of a show and tell thing. Here is the info the person had with it:

Scrooge Figure June 1998 $180.20 Scrooge sitting on a pile of gold coins with a piggy bank on his lap, holding up one gold coin. Made by Goebel. 17-355-10 imprinted in the bottom with a picture of Tinkerbell, (c) Disney, and 1996. 3 5/8 inches tall; base is 2.5 by 2.5 inches. [Walt Disney World]

I don't have it, sorry. :( I just found it on the internet but unfortunately what I found wasn't a sale, just more of a show and tell thing. Here is the info the person had with it:

Scrooge Figure June 1998 $180.20 Scrooge sitting on a pile of gold coins with a piggy bank on his lap, holding up one gold coin. Made by Goebel. 17-355-10 imprinted in the bottom with a picture of Tinkerbell, (c) Disney, and 1996. 3 5/8 inches tall; base is 2.5 by 2.5 inches. [Walt Disney World]

No worries. This gives me a starting point, since now I know it is Goebel, and short of the Blue coat, I was on the money (so to speak with the other details) and if that is the price he paid for it, then that tracks as well; since I remember it being $175 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back