• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New scrappers on the prowl. Please take caution. DSF, NBC, Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New scrappers on the prowl. Please take caution. DSF, NBC, Jessica.

#1mickeyfreak

New DPF Member
Rating - 97.1%
33   1   0
I was browsing you know where today, and saw these pins ending in an auction that had bids on them. Well I wanted to see what else the seller had, and then something very curious happened, the same pins go back up in a new bid. Well I decided to take a look at them. They were LE 300 DSF - Soda Jerk Pins. The last ones went for cheap so the Red Flag went up in my head. I of course did some research on Pinpics and WALAAAAA...........we got some new scrappers on the market. I also noticed too many of a Jessica/fantasia pin and Jack/Zero Puppet pin. These are what the scrappers look like. If you want to know the seller, please PM me.
bootleg3.jpg
bootleg2.jpg
bootleg1.jpg
bootleg4.jpg
bootleg5.jpg

Hopefully someone doesn't have these.

I dont think the Jack and Zero is fake. Am looking at the auction right now, and i saw the comment on PinPics you left. You dont think maybe the pin is just was more horizontal, giving the illusion of jack and zero being at the same eye level?? As for the other pins i really cant say.

I wouldn't thought so either Johnny, but when I saw the auction end on that pin with a winner, and then the same pin list right after that one, it raised a red flag and i really think it looks different. Its almost a different pin. If it was the real pin, why didn't they use the Pinpics picture for the auction? I just want people to be careful cause I have been burned on scrappers lately and just don't want other people on here getting burned too.

I had gotten that stitch pin AND the mickey & Goofy one as scrappers and they were BAD. Pieces of paint missing all together, huge dips...terrible back, I was mortified.

I don't think of ebay as evil, it's the sellers, ebay has a system set in place to protect buyers, if you end up purchasing scrappers you can absolutely open a case against the seller and get a full refund, purchase price + shipping. If you're not taking advantage of ebay's buyer protection, than you only have yourself to blame. The only way to get rid of scrapper sellers is to report them, file cases against them and leave negative feedback. Money back or not you are not helping anyone by not leaving negative feedback. Getting counterfeit pins out of circulation starts with ebay.

I tried doing that once and all the seller said was, "I get so many pins that sometimes fakes get sent out for orders on accident." With that line it saves their arses from ebay doing anything to them. They offer to give a full refund of course after action was taken.

It is still within your rights to leave negative feedback. And that way, in addition to getting your money back you're helping other traders from getting duped. For pin people even 1 negative feedback that mentions that they sell scrappers is a huge red flag. However I'm sure honest mistakes can be made, if they're extremely apologetic and give you a full refund, well than maybe they're not trying to screw anyone over. I have been sold/traded scrappers by members here on DPF and in the parks (not including CMs), so it can happen anywhere. Which is unfortunate, but I'm afraid the ugly truth about this hobby, and well in general, there are always people who will prey on others.

Thanks for the heads up as I'm on the look out for the Chip n Dale Soda Fountain pin. Wouldn't mind PMing me the sellers name would you?
Thanks for posting and you're right, the war on scrappers does begin with that site!

I have one to add. Go to the bay and search for jumbo jessica queen hearts. There is one so bad, her skin is actually white... The other colors are correct/close so its not a gamma correction problem or white balance issue with the camera. Scares the buhjeezus outta me, I just bought a couple jumbos myself...

Ooooohhhh and search Jessica Italy Jumbo Series... Oi... Yellow skin... And if they don't show up as current always do advanced search completed listings, they should show up for a month.

If it was the real pin, why didn't they use the Pinpics picture for the auction? I just want people to be careful cause I have been burned on scrappers lately and just don't want other people on here getting burned too.
Somewhere on here, I thought I read that you should take your own pictures of a pin to make sure you actually owned the pin and not to use pinpics pictures? So is it better to use pinpics pictures then? or should you do both?

I would recommend contacting Pinpics; they could deliberate if a scrapper alert is necessary.

Last edited:
i have had 4 sellers over the years give me scrappers....i returned all of the pins and was refunded and left negative ffedback or neutral with an explaination...3 or the 4 said dont even sent pins back and apologized...but stat wise that is a low % compared to what i have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back