• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Shadowbox: Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Shadowbox: Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

Vixy

The Girl That's Never Been
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I'm adding this one to the thread that has my ENTIRE collection, but I'm so happy with it that I wanted to give it its own thread!

My secretary/administrative professional pin collection outgrew its lanyard, and I knew I wanted a display that would leave room for the ones I don't have yet. I often work in collage, so I decided to make a shadowbox with a collage background of relevant images.

I found SO MANY IMAGES out there of vintage secretaries and objects! It was really hard not to make this so busy that it would be distracting. I wanted to use EVERYTHING! :D It was really hard to narrow it down even this much!

Here's the finished shadowbox!

IMG_20140724_102203.jpg

Here it is before I glued it all down (took this mostly so I'd remember where I put everything when I started gluing!

IMG_20140723_203814.jpg

Here it is all glued but before pins:

IMG_20140723_212743.jpg

Here it is with pins but no frame yet (you can see the pins a bit better without the reflections in the glass)

IMG_20140723_221101.jpg

And here it is in situ in my office!

IMG_20140724_100928.jpg
IMG_20140724_100918.jpg

Here are some close-ups!

IMG_20140724_095316.jpg

Jessica and her switchboard ancestors!

IMG_20140724_095305.jpg

Minnie is near an antique mimeograph machine.

IMG_20140724_095402.jpg

Roz shares her fashion sense with a vintage Parisian typewriter ad. Great style is timeless.

IMG_20140724_095418.jpg

Minnie and Mickey will always be thinking of each other while they're at work.

IMG_20140724_095427.jpg

Stitch has perhaps mastered typing?

This was my first shadowbox that I made myself, and I'm super proud of it. It's to the left of my desk where I can always see it, and it's above the printer so whenever I have to get up to take stuff off there, I'll be directly facing it. It's already brightening my work day immensely! :D

It is terrific. I was always disappointed in that Jessica pin. I wish they would have put her in period garb for it. Oh well.

I really like what you did with your collection, the collage background and pin placement look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back