• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New to pins - How do I find the value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to pins - How do I find the value?

abnr67

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I'm new to this world of Disney Pins, but I was told that they nice people here would be able to help me!

A friend of mine, who is a cast member in Burbank, gave me some pins that they were given for free, and I'd love some help figuring out their value!

Here are some pictures of them, with descriptions from pinpic: http://imgur.com/a/VfyhC#17

In total, my friend gave me 17 pins, all of which are Limited Edition and some are Artist Proofs. I have no clue about pin trading or pin values, but I've been told that these could be worth something seeing as they are all LE 100, LE 250, and one is LE 500.
I was at Disneyland last night and tried having my hand at some pin trading, and the cast members lost it. They refused to trade with me (in a friendly way) because they said my pins were too valuable.

I looked up all the pins on pinpic, and got all the information, but if anyone has advice or information on how I might go about selling these I'd be very appreciative!

Your pins are indeed valuable. The Elisabet Gomes ones are especially coveted around these woods, so you were fortunate that Cast Members were 1) aware of their trade/monetary value and 2) refused to trade with you for them. These are pins that you would probably reserve to trade with more seasoned traders who know the value, demand and edition size of these pins.

It is really difficult to advise you on the value of these since trade/monetary value seems to be slightly subjective and left to interpretation, but as Tiggermickey stated up there: you can use pinpics.com or disneypinplace.com to better understand the want:trade ratio, limited edition size, etc. You can also try to locate these pins on eBay (the evil bay, as some users here call it) and see when they were last listed or what their current bid value is.

Until you feel you can comfortable gauge their worth, I would suggest to set them aside so you don't accidentally under-trade them.

Hope that helps, and welcome to DPF.

Happy Trading!

Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

I was wondering what that signature was on the back of the pin, now I know (Elisabete Gomes).

You have some interesting pins. Besides checking the two places mentioned by PPs, look at ebay to see what they have sold for in the past.

I agree with what was said above.

If ebay doesn't have those pins on auction or as "sold", just wait. They may eventually turn up, but you should keep what you have until you get more perspective on their values. You can also look at similar items on ebay - similar meaning same LE size, similar theme (for example, Bambi, or Peter Pan) - and see what they've sold for.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Can't really add anything that hasn't already been already said, but I wanted to say Beautiful pins!! I think that was great of the cast members to let you know what you had and not trade their lanyard pins for those. If you are interested in collecting and don't need the money, then why not hang on to them for awhile, check out and see if there are some pins you do like etc... It would be a shame to sell them and then get bit by the pin bug and they are gone. ;)

I'm not sure how the reply feature works, but this is in response to the question from wintersorcerer. From what I've discovered the signed pin is from a "signature series" where Elisabete Gomes signed 100 of a set of six. The other Elisabete Gomes one (mickey and minnie) is from the same or similar series, but is an AP. So from what I gather, this was just a proof so she didn't sign it.

Last edited:
From what I've discovered the signed pin is from a "signature series" where Elisabete Gomes signed 100 of a set of six. The other Elisabete Gomes one (mickey and minnie) is from the same or similar series, but is an AP. So from what I gather, this was just a proof so she didn't sign it.

Thank you all for your kind words and pieces of advice! I will keep this all in mind!!

Oh, those are lovely pins. I am very interested in the Tinker Bell pins you have. My pinpics is markheardjr and you can go to pinpics.com and click on the "My Pinpics" link and put my username in the "tradeables" search box to see if I have any pins you want. Your pins do have some value. Some are better than others. But be careful to not undertrade you pins. If you do get into pin trading, it's always hard to realize later on how you got swindled for your pins by unsavory people.

EBay may be the best way to look up prices, I think that jumbo Peter pan cast is big $$$ with that pin most are damaged with smee, yours looks good

Just reading this post and found the replies to be helpful (as I am new to DPF also). Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back