• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Ok its FINALLY happening, DPF'ing around the world! IMG HEAVY get involved!

ZAPPED! Ok its FINALLY happening, DPF'ing around the world! IMG HEAVY get involved!

Molly

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
As some of you may remember I wanted to start a project to bring the members of the forum together, ALL of us! With the help of the ever lovely and talented Hollie (Fireheadfred) I can now get this thing going, well if you're interested LOL. If we can get enough members involved this can be a really fun thing that will make everyone feel included, not just the old timers. This is essentially a Flat Stanley type of thing with a Disney pin addict twist!

We have two DPF mini's who would like to travel the world via you wonderful fellow pin fans. We have one boy and one girl and they would like to work their way around the world and hang out with you for a visit. They need to take pictures at landmarks if possible but your own backyard is fine, I want this to project to give us some insight into the participants lives/areas.

Each mini will come with a pin attached, you can either photograph your mini with the pin your received or the pin you are sending, but you must agree to the following terms in order to participate.

1. You will not keep the mini for more than TWO WEEKS before shipping to the next person signed up to participate.
2. You MUST take pictures of the mini at your location and post them in the thread for others to see.
3. You need to be able to attach an AUTHENTIC Disney trading pin (all levels welcome!) before shipping forward.
4. You will need to ship your mini safely in a LBE (Little Bubble Envelope)

So here they are!
IMG_2180.jpg
[/IMG]

I am the beginning of their trip and I have taken my girl to the following California locales during a road trip from Southern Cali to Northern Cali last month.

Pacific Beach, San Diego CA

95CD6BAD-9DAE-43CF-94AC-261C5201BBA5.jpg
[/IMG]

A2C59CD5-C8B7-408C-86D5-CB2DC5E5A7E4.jpg
[/IMG]

Santa Cruz, CA Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in the background. Shot from the wharf.

7E32E7A9-45BB-4502-A1FD-EC7F2FE2E0A3.jpg
[/IMG]
D51DFF56-1051-46AB-AE83-E2ECF6EA79B3.jpg
[/IMG]

San Francisco, CA Golden Gate Bridge
CE38FBA8-0B74-4783-B9F5-8F785D05F37D.jpg
[/IMG]

2D7B2B00-6CEA-40D1-B643-5F81AF2A84CB.jpg
[/IMG]

And finally hanging out on some pin boards at my house :wavey:

4FD95C45-265F-4AA8-8854-EAC80918BE66.jpg
[/IMG]
C31402FA-5A0C-4980-B26D-073E5AF51B5D.jpg
[/IMG]
D38B9847-8784-4E00-8B8A-CB4FFC572011.jpg
[/IMG]
61D9CDF0-DBDD-4006-9DDA-901A6083C3E5.jpg
[/IMG]

I would like to get a list going of people that would like to participate, I will keep a running list on the first post and instead of having your address posted publicly I think we can each ask the next person in line for their addresses, hopefully you are OK with this, if not offer up suggestions. I will try to make some lists within lists by country so that they can make their way through each easily and cheaply (I hope). If you would like to join in please post that you interested and what country you are in.

If anyone is super organized or just wants to throw me an assist you could get a spreadsheet going or something to that affect. I am thinking that I will ship the girl to someone here in the USA, possibly North of Ca (cough, cough, DAVID) and ship the boy off to Europe as we seem to have quite a few members there and we can move them both around as needed.

Thanks again to Hollie, without her this project would be nothing more than sloppy stick figures looking for people to feel sorry for them.

This sounds like fun! I want to join!

And I live in Sweden so that will be a fun trip for the mini!

Oh and I think they will need names!

Suggestions:
Girl:
Pinellope

Boy:

Or maybe they should just be names Pince and Pincess?

I'm guys I need to know your countries or states so I can get a cohesive list going.

I'll play! In the USA. Although you're killin' me that you already got a shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.....

Question for clarification.... do you take the pin off that arrives with the mini and replace with another pin?

Napa, CA checking in! Would love to play this game, we have so many beautiful places to take pin pictures! I know the spot on the river in Soarin', its like 45 minutes from where we live!

Molly you're amazing!!!! What a terrific idea, please count me in too! I'm Northern California (Sacramento area). How clever and cute and awesome!!! :bowdown: to both you and Hollie!! This is gonna be a whole bunch of fun!!

Back