• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Olaf Stained-Glass Suncatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olaf Stained-Glass Suncatcher

Onlera

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Selling my latest stained-glass project, Olaf.

This is a handmade piece, designed and crafted by me ^^

Pics here show the piece against a white wall and with sun shining thru it:
888045ba-2376-4748-8444-61af8d507e3c_zps50a27809.jpg
0c19f90e-5073-4b92-bb64-b6b7b7f18d76_zpsad64e0b8.jpg

The entire pieces is 13 x 9 inches, ideal for being hung in a window as a sun-catcher. This piece was made with the Tiffany method, foiling and soldering the glass pieces together. A black patina was then applied to the solder. Olaf hangs by a strong chain, recommended by my local stained-glass shop owner. I will note, tho, that he needs to be hung from a nail or a hook. Stained-glass pieces like this cannot be hung by suction cups (they will fall and they will break! )*

Price:
$170 + $30 shipping (I apologize that the shipping in so high. i'll be getting this professionally packed, double boxed even, to ensure it's safe travel, and $30 was the price for the shipping and packing they quoted me ^^; )

A note, this sale is open to US residents only. i'm really not sure how I would safely get a piece like this across the pond, nor how much it would cost to do so. So, US only, i'm afraid ^^;

So... Anyone interested? And if you have any questions, just ask ^^

*Seriously, you're gonna have to promise not to hang this from a suction cup. They're not strong enough! It was one of the first things I was told when starting stained-glass, and it's my solemn duty to pass on the warning to any potential owners.

Last edited:
That's gorgeous! I haven't done stained glass in years but I remember how rewarding it was when I finished my first piece, it was this unicorn with way more pieces than my instructor advised for first timers and so many tiny pieces, but I've always been one to challenge myself, and it turned out really beautifully, it's such an amazing art form. Kudos again!

Wow! That is amazing! 've seen my art teacher make stained glass before, so I know that this must've taken a lot of work! Would you consider trades?

Wow! That is amazing! 've seen my art teacher make stained glass before, so I know that this must've taken a lot of work! Would you consider trades?
I'm trying to do this one for cash to help pay for glass costs. I've already put a lot of money down for glass ^^;

My next piece, a Rapunzel sun, will be a trade auction. And I'll probably go back and forth on trades and cash on later pieces

I'm trying to do this one for cash to help pay for glass costs. I've already put a lot of money down for glass ^^;

My next piece, a Rapunzel sun, will be a trade auction. And I'll probably go back and forth on trades and cash on later pieces

Oh, okay :) I look forward to seeing your other pieces, and I hope you are able to sell this one!

Oh, okay :) I look forward to seeing your other pieces, and I hope you are able to sell this one!

i hope so too ^^ like i said, the sale from this will help with glass buying. i've already spent way more on glass than this will cover

Would anyone be interested in close up pics of the glass used? The brown is pretty cool, has a very bark-like texture.

Absolutely beautiful! Man I wish I liked Olaf more! If you ever decide to do any of the Dr. Who, Snow White, Brave and Tangled designs that you have previously posted…

I was wondering if you would possibly consider doing a commissioned Star Wars one?
i'm already working on the Tangled one which will be going up as a trade auction as soon as it's finished. and i'll likely do Snow White within the coming months.

I haven't started doing commissions yet, but if/when i do, i will certainly let you know ^^

I just wanted to say that Sarah really does an amazing job. The glass she chose is so amazing! The orange looks like the texture of a carrot. And the two different whites... for Olaf's body and his eyes / tooth are perfect! The blue swirls...there couldn't be better choices.

Sarah spent at least two dozen hours working on this. It really is a work of art. If you love Frozen...or Olaf... you will love this piece!

Just my $.02 worth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back