Paris PTN question (no photo)

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by cadien, Apr 25, 2018.

1. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I've received an offer on PinPics from a user actually in France that includes a PTN pin that I'd love to have. But it's a character that has about 500 $0.99 postings on eBay shipping from Hong Kong. (Maid Marion) I know the general scrapper indicators for stateside pins, but what about those in particular? Anything to look out for when requesting photos?

Thanks!

2. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

One of the ways I look for authenticity on PTN pins is by them being on their original card which should also have the matching bar code and name of the character for the pin. I don't know the scrapper differences for the Maid Marion pin though.

3. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Yes, that is one of the ones you need to be careful of. The fact that the person is in France is a good sign, though. Does the person have a lot of PTN pins on their pinpics? Do they have ones from the same era as Marian? Those could all be indicators that they have legit pins.

Ask for a good clear photo of the back. I believe that for this one, one of the signs of a scrapper is a missing serial number on the back (I *think.* I don't remember this for sure).

Also ask for a good clear photo of the front.

cadien likes this.
  4. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Her eyes are also usually a dead giveaway too IMO
    The real one her eyes look "normal"?
    The Scrapper she has this buggy eyed O_O look

cadien likes this.