• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Pewter Tarzan Set AUCTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Pewter Tarzan Set AUCTION!

CrashMyParty

One Dynamite Gal
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Hi all!
I'm sure you've been reading these words over and over, but I'm going to try out this auction business. Seems that everyone else is having fun with it! So, let's start off with something easy but interesting:
Pin 279: Pewter Crouching Tarzan

Pin 1380: Pewter Terk from Tarzan

pin1380

Pin 1381: Pewter Tantor from Tarzan
pin1381

Pin 3003: Pewter Kerchak
pin3003

This is a cute little 4 pin set with the main characters from Tarzan made from pewter. I believe they were sold as hat pins in Animal Kingdom in the late 90's. They are all stamped (Copyright) Disney on the back. Very nice and unique little set for anyone who loves Tarzan!

RULES:
-This auction will end at 8 pm EST on Thursday, June 7th. No bids will be accepted after this time.
-All bids must be placed here on this forum for all bidders to see
-Don't hesitate to bid even if you do not have anything from my wants - there are a ton of pins out there I'd like to get and I just don't have time to add all of them to my wants!
-TIP: I collect Lilo & Stitch characters, Dumbo characters, princesses, castles, anything Pixar, Animal Kingdom, Sorcerer Mickey, Bambi characters, Figment, Tangled characters, Lion King, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Toy Story Mania, It's Tough to be a Bug... A LOT lol
-Thing's I DON'T collect (this list is a lot shorter): Alice in Wonderland, live action movies, Star wars, Tron and vinylmation
-Since these pins are older, I'd like, although bids are not limited to, other older pins (see first page of my wants)
-See my most wanted list (in signature)
-If bidding a PODM (as if lol, but just in case) please include cell picture
-No money, vinylmation or other offers of any kind - PINS ONLY!!!
-In your bid please include pin number
-You are bidding for the set as a whole, bids for individual pins will not be considered
-Bidders may change their bids if they wish, however I ask you to please do it in a new post
-There must be at least 3 bids (just one or two bidders is no fun) or else the auction will be canceled
-As long as all the above rules are followed, there WILL be a winner! Winner will be selected Thursday night after the auction ends
-I'll periodically post a leader board of the leading bidders

Any other questions, ask away (below please, so other bidders can see)

Phew... hope you're still with me after all that reading! So, without further delay, BID AWAY!!! (and have fun of course!)

Thanks and good luck,
Caroline :)

Right, I will try this bid:

One from your wants (NOT a scrapper, can provide pics if you want)
Pin 85651: DLR - 2011 Hidden Mickey Series - T-Shirt Collection - Flounder

and a 1989 pin
Pin 3323: Little Mermaid (Sebastian) From Set

Last edited:
Just to check, the pins you have up for auction, do they have scratches/flaws etc? As they are older and made of pewter I just want to check.
I'm glad you asked. Just so everyone can see, here are pictures (front/back of each):
Kerchak:
z1.jpg
z2.jpg

Terk:
z5.jpg
z6.jpg

Tantor:
z3.jpg
z4.jpg

Tarzan:
z7.jpg
z8.jpg

They're all in pretty good condition. Kerchak has a few little scratches on his arm. Also, just to point out for whatever reason these pictures make it look like the posts on the back of the pins are rusty - they're not. Weird lighting or angle I guess.
And here is a picture just so you all know the relative size of the pins:
z9.jpg

Overall I'd say they're in good condition. If whoever wins receives them and is displeased, of course we can do a trade back. :)

Also - I bought these pins with the regular metal backs that most non-Disney pins come with instead of the mickey head backs. I have plenty mickey head backs so if you win and you'd prefer those let me know and they'll be provided.

Last edited:
Ok I offer these:
Pin 101: Disney's Animal Kingdom (Raised Animals Under The Tree Of Life)

Pin 5211: Bambi - Mom, From Your Little Dear!

Ok these I can definetly offer

Judy

Ooo you guys are making this very hard! With a bit less then 6 hours to go, leader board is now:
TIE Psycho Pixie and movingthestars
tiggermickey
xPrincessEmilyx

Auction closed. Winning bid is Psycho Pixie! Congrats and thank you to everyone who participated. Lots of fun, I'll defiantly do some more auctions in the future! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back