• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Pin and Pin and Pin and Pin - anyone collect multiples of the same one?

QUESTION Pin and Pin and Pin and Pin - anyone collect multiples of the same one?

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
(Inspired by @SoraPandora thread about unique collections!)

I think it's probably more common for park regulars as it's easier to do when you can trade often, but does anyone else collect multiples of a favorite pin?

At the park, people often wear ita bags with the clear plastic fronts so people can see their pin collections and there are some people who fill the whole section with multiples of just one pin!

I haven't done that yet but when there are smaller/easier pins I like, it's fun to collect multiples of them!

I have three "hoard" collections:

One is the Timon and Pumbaa Hidden Mickey that I call Li'l Pudge because of how squidgy and pudgy they are.

42466_big.jpg

Another is the DSSH Artemis Fowl sunglasses. I am at somewhere between 12 and 15 of them so far.

IMG_7560_51eb88d5-bb22-40cd-a67f-470a77783f69.jpg

The third is a secret. ;)

I remember being struck by how nice a 'same pin' lanyard looked. My first observation of this was of another trader's Big Feet Marie Hidden Mickey lanyard.

I have since done this with a few pins:
- the Moana Hidden Mickey pins (Kakamoras and Maui Tattoos)
- Maleficent Mint Chip Munchling
- Steamboat Willie Hidden Mickey Purple fill Chaser (glitter and purple and Mickey - for once Disney came out with a chaser pin I adore.)

Probably have in the neighborhood of 4-8 of each of the above pins. Someday (when I figure out the timing) I plan to use the duplicate pins in pin displays... I think adding repeats will help focus each display on its theme. The dragging of the feet is figuring out when I have enough pins to create a display. It always seems there is room to wait for one more pin before I lock in any display.

I have three "hoard" collections:

One is the Timon and Pumbaa Hidden Mickey that I call Li'l Pudge because of how squidgy and pudgy they are.

Another is the DSSH Artemis Fowl sunglasses. I am at somewhere between 12 and 15 of them so far.

The third is a secret. ;)
I definitely know of a 3rd, because I'm holding onto mine so that when you succeed in your hoarding then mine is worth something!

Unless there is a 4th 🤔

I Haven't yet but I am tempted to get to of the Alice Off The Page pin - one for my OTP collection and one for my Alice collection. Normally when there is a pin that fits multiple collections of mine I just keep it in one. (For specific sets like OTP it would be there.) But I really like that pin a lot and think I want it in my Alice collection as well. It will be a while before I need to make that decision as I still have a lot of work to do on the OTP set so any of the ones I don't have are going to take precedence.

I do have a few pins that I have two of because they fit in multiple collections - one example being the hero and villain sidekicks mystery set from the Heroes and Villains trade event. I have a full set together and then spares of Joanna, Jake, Sir Hiss, and Little John to go into those respective collections. But I personally don't consider duplicates for the sake of multiple collections to be in the same boat as collecting multiples of the same pin just to have multiples of the same pin.

It's interesting that repeat pins are often hidden mickeys or booster set pins - I see this in the park, too. Maybe because you'd have to be really really really rich to have multiple profile pins or other low LE's! :D

Some of my repeats include the hidden mickey tea cups and this one that I just adored from the moment it came out:

122473.JPG

It just summed me up so well! :D

I have two of these cuties (and wouldn’t mind more, LOL). They’re in charge of guarding my collections. :)

2588a656e19470c252c1f54a38504bb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean... aren't there actually four in the stretching room? So... ;)

It's kind of like when I collected a few of the small Wonderland vinylmations - I had to get three of the Oyster one because they always have three oysters together. :D

#enabling

The only reason I'm not too fond of this idea is because it would mean that I don't have 1 of whatever I need to complete my own set.... after I complete my set everyone else is more than welcome to hoard ;) I love see how people display their duplicates though!

The only reason I'm not too fond of this idea is because it would mean that I don't have 1 of whatever I need to complete my own set.... after I complete my set everyone else is more than welcome to hoard ;) I love see how people display their duplicates though!
If someone I knew (or even just met at a PTE) needed any of my duplicates to complete their set, I easily can trade any of the dups away (and I have). :)

With as much as I collect, acquiring duplicates means I have less currency (either in traders or $$) to add to my collection.

However, in the process of acquiring TDS game prize pins as cheaply as I can, which includes some lots, I have managed to get duplicates of most of the Chandu the Tiger game prize pins, and will try to get double of what is missing. Because I have decided to keep them, so I can frame all the Chandu pins together, without having holes in my Game Prize binders.

Back