• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Display and Organization Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Display and Organization Advice

CelestialStellar

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I am in the process of displaying and organizing my pin collection. I would like some input and advice on how to categorize my displays and should I keep my LE pins or special pins on their cards. I have had my pins packed up since I moved 5 years ago and I am finally displaying them and realizing how many I have and how scattered and "hoarderish" I have become with what I had wanted to be a nice collection. I mostly have trader pins, cast pins, hidden mickeys and mystery collections. I have some special artist pins and LE pins but my OCD is making organizing difficult. Any adivice and conversation about this would be most appreciated! :)

If you have complete sets of either HM or Mystery sets I always try and mount them together , everything else I try and divide into categories (Open Edition / Limited Edition / Booster etc) and keep together so I can find them when I want to . I have a separate tray which I keep my traders in so I can find them quickly too .
I know some people like to keep the backing cards with the pins but I personally don't , all mine are in a large shoe box under my bed in case I ever decide to trade something from my collection .

great advice especially about keeping mystery sets together! I have been putting my traders in my pin case for when i go to the park.
thanks again!

I organize mine by characters, usually. I have one canvas of all my favorite pins/the ones that will never leave my collection. I have another canvas for leading ladies (tink, princesses, meg). Eventually I'll get to Michaels to get another canvas for my classic characters pins--Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Oswald, Minnie Mouse, and Chip and Dale. I want to start an Aladdin collection so my Jasmine pins will be on that canvas and I want to start collecting Dumbo so he'll get his own canvas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back