• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Pin trading at DLR gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Pin trading at DLR gone...

pinbum

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does any one know where all the pin traders are at ?A cast member said we are banned from trading in front of the mexican place.:(:sad::mad:

Apparently the traders were told to leave the mexican resauraunt because it was lunch rush, a couple of them refused to leave and then they all were banned from using it. I hear they were either moving to the picnic area or some tables near the Matterhorn.

and this is why we cant have nice things...

and why when in park guest to guest trading is banned i wont blaim disney...

Ugh, seriously they refused. ... that was part of the agreement, that when it gets busy traders leave to accommodate the restaurant's seating. Not sure what to say, but very frustrating, it was so cool to see traders there!

This is why it worked better when they provided the high tables at pin traders, green men, etc. I really, really miss those days!!! There was a rumor they stopped that because a few people complained about traders asking too much for trades, and being "mean" about it. I always wondered if there was another reason, as I do in this situation too. I'm sure they've had way more requests to bring them back than they ever had complaints. I wish there was a way to get Disney to find a good solution for everybody and get pin trading back in the parks!

I know that some people have mentioned going over to the tables by the Matterhorn, but that is going to be the same issue that we had at the Rancho. There are too many people that come through there, and the managers told us we had to check in on a daily basis to see if we could pin trade there. To me, that is just too much. We (my pin group) have decided to go over to DCA from now on. The food court area next to Goofy's Sky School is covered, has lights, bathrooms and food nearby but most importantly ALCOHOL. LOL. Anywhoo, that is where we are heading from now on. Plenty of room, and nobody to kick us out.

Just a note about the people that "wouldn't move" they did move, but the manager was way out of line. She hates the fact that we pin trade there, even though most of us are PAYING customers. I always order food and/or drinks from there. The people that were being asked to move were paying customers, which is why they were so understandably upset. ;)

uggg bummer. Let it go sadly---disney is breaking up with "us" slowly and i kinda cant blame them-- In the past few years there were so many cases of rude nasty people to cast member nevermind the bahavior by adults at DSF. I will say disney has a hand in the craziness tho. Cutting all pin trading at WDW and changing rules like people change their underpants, is frustrating and confusing. I say have a pin trading someplace else once in a while like they are doing in florida. A total seperate venue like a park or someones house or meet in a resturaunt outside of disney--im sure they'd love the business.

Were the tables in front of LGM taken away because of the problem with sharks asking people to buy pins from the store for hidden mickey's? I never figured out the actual reason. I know I had some issues with some unsavory people at LGM before. (I even witnessed a fist fight there)

A couple years ago, in 2011 I believe? I had a couple of pins I wanted to trade with some older gentlemen at pin traders. They were quite rude and didn't really lay down the rules, which I understood. At the time I was very into collecting shoes so I understood when people arent too knowledgable and new to collecting, however I feel that while in the parks u have to swallow ur pride and be polite, regardless of a persons knowledge. I think we should still be allowed to trade in the parks, but be a little more courteous when asked to leave, although the paying customer issue is a different story. I do agree with the dca move though...I'd rather trade in that beer garden area with a couple brewskis lol, I'll probably move over there tbh. So if anyone wants to meet up at dca we could def make that happen, we can buy each other drank, trade, and have a good time lol :D

TBH, I don't believe we should be trading inside the parks at all. The problem is the "normal" guests who dabble in pin trading expect us to be like cast members, and not all of "us" have the personalities to be trading with the common guests and newbies. All it takes is one grumpy or rude trader (or shark) to sour a non-trading guest, and then we've got an issue. And as much as we spend, Disney will always choose the family and their own image over collectors/traders.

It would be nice if we had a little area at Downtown Disney, though- a handful of tables just for us with a sign or flyer explaining that what trading is and that we're not cast members.

TBH, I don't believe we should be trading inside the parks at all. The problem is the "normal" guests who dabble in pin trading expect us to be like cast members, and not all of "us" have the personalities to be trading with the common guests and newbies. All it takes is one grumpy or rude trader (or shark) to sour a non-trading guest, and then we've got an issue. And as much as we spend, Disney will always choose the family and their own image over collectors/traders.

It would be nice if we had a little area at Downtown Disney, though- a handful of tables just for us with a sign or flyer explaining that what trading is and that we're not cast members.

This^

I, for one, really enjoy pin trading IN the park! It's fun and a great way to meet people AND not everyone goes on every ride!! And when it's a long wait to get on rides, pin trading is a fun diversion! It's a terrific way to catch up with friends especially those I don't get to see very often ... we can pin trade and chat and enjoy the ambiance of Disney all around us!! Being friendly, polite and using good manners goes a long way!! It's always nice to stop for a bit and take in the park ... and yes, we do get something to snack on, drink or even a meal. It seems like most of us are considerate and happy to be there ... it's very unfortunate when Disney staff or a "pin trader" doesn't recognize the benefits of having nice places to pin trade. :( I hope Disney will continue to allow pin trading in the park ... PLEASE!! :x:

Just want to address this "paying customer" thing. Just because you buy some food there doesn't mean you have a right to occupy a table indefinitely. You are only entitled to a table for the amount of time it takes to enjoy your meal. Then courtesy dictates you release the table for another guest to enjoy their food. This notion of being able to monopolize a table at a restaurant for pin trading just because you buy a meal is nonsense.

I said it last time we should trade at the Taste Pilots Grill area near Soarin'. It's next to a place to eat, bathrooms, 2 pin stores, 2 entrances/exits, Starbucks, ice cream, etc. Goofy's Sky School is way too far back there. You need a place that gets foot traffic, not a dead zone. That is like when they wanted us to trade at Big Thunder Ranch. Ugh, no.

I say try the up front spot and when that eventually gets spoiled by some rotten eggs then move to Fisherman's Wharf area, then move back to Sky School.

I think that is a great idea Mark.I am going to set up some books there Sunday.Pin traders unite...Lets do this pin people...The cast members seem much happier in DCA.

This is why there is no trading the park because of rude and cruel people But I do miss Pin trading in areas I miss the good old days when it first started back in 2000 but over the years people start doing strange things And asking kids to trade with them so they could give them a fake pin that is a no no and I don't blame Disney for this sorry but this is my opinion

So is there no official spot to trade in the park anymore... Does anybody know? I was trying to find some traders today but I had no luck anywhere.

So is there no official spot to trade in the park anymore... Does anybody know? I was trying to find some traders today but I had no luck anywhere.

They are all at DCA, at the food place near Goofy's Sky School. The place where they have a live band, where there used to be a McDonald's, but there is now Mediterranean food, pizzas, and salads.

Why do people want to walk all the way back there? And here live bands? I can't stand live bands. Soo far back when Taste Pilots Grill is right up front and next to 2 LE selling pin stores!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back