• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pinpics question??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinpics question??

Stitch2814

#1 Kevin Fan
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I got my trade requests as usual this morning and I got a trade request for one of my wants as well but the strange think is the username doesnt appear when I try and search for them on pinpics....it also doesnt show up on the pin in question that they offered to me and there are no anonymous traders listed for the pin I was offered either..

At first I thought they must be anonymous but I dont think thats the case, then I thought they might not have logged in recently so their wants/trades/owns list rhave not been e-added to the lists yet but then it doesnt make any sense as if they logged in to send me a request then I should be able to search for them...shouldnt I??

Also I tried the TA for the pin I was offered and it turned up nothing which is odd as I should be able to see the exact same trade offer, if they were able to send me one as it only goes off trades list...

Has anyone got ideas to how someone can do this as I dont want to reply to the email in case Im getting scammed or whatever.

hey Danny,
if it doesnt smell right dont do it!!<I had a similiar situation a few months back, turns out to be a seller using PP as a basis to find new stock, they actually tried to by my pins , having clipped the PP page that says no selling allowed> !! Some huge Cajones but some folks just dont care about the rules!!
Again if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck , smells like a duck, Do you want to be the one with Duck poo on your shoe to prove it?
Just my two shillings worth!

It might be a pin from the their collection. I've done that before when I wanted a pin and I didn't have anything equal to trade on my trade list for it. I sent a trade request for one in my collection that I didn't mind trading. If it's a trade you would like to make, you should check their references before you blow them off.

It might be a pin from the their collection. I've done that before when I wanted a pin and I didn't have anything equal to trade on my trade list for it. I sent a trade request for one in my collection that I didn't mind trading. If it's a trade you would like to make, you should check their references before you blow them off.

but your saying this like Im blowing them off when Im not..

I have checked the email and there are no references at all.

Plus you say you offered a pin from your own collection...how did you do this as the trade assistant only goes off your trades list and the username I was given isnt on pinpics at all, it says they are not registered at all.

Ive sent out trade requests for pins from my owns before now but Ive had to manually type the messages out to users who have there email listed as it wasnt on my trades list to be included in a TA.

Im only asking as it seems a tad strange as to how someone who has no references, and isnt registered on pinpics (according to pinpics anyway) can send me a trade request when I cant even send out the exact same offer (opposite way round of course) as apparently there is no one trading the pin they offered for the pin they want..

(if that makes sense)

Also, I have dealt with some people who are Anonymous before. Even though it will not show them owning a pin when you search by pin, once you have a user name, you can see their collection/trades/wants by their name.

Also, I have dealt with some people who are Anonymous before. Even though it will not show them owning a pin when you search by pin, once you have a user name, you can see their collection/trades/wants by their name.

they are not registered on pinpics, the user name in the email I recieved doesnt exist as I cant see there trades/wants/owns as pinpics gives me an error message.

the main question is can you send a trade request without logging in?? I dont think you can as I tried so Im still thinking how someone can send out a trade request when the pinpics ID isnt valid..

My 5C worth - the person is not registered I wouldn't touch it!!

images

I didn't realize they weren't registered on Pin Pics. I have no clue how you got a pin pics trade request from someone not on pin pics. I thought they were just not showing up as trading the pin on the trade assistant. But, with no references and not registered I'd pass on it too.

They might have taken an old email they were sent before and then just re-sent it using a different email account.

Did it say from pinpics. com or maybe it said .net .org, or some other strange thing in the email like a period where u normally wouldnt see one. :-(

Vicki

I dont know as if it was an old email then shouldnt there ID still be the same...and if they had a new pinpics ID then shouldnt that one be shown rather than the one I was told it was in the email.

The email looks the same as all the other ones I have gotten so Im really at a loss as it is confusing. well I think it is anyway. Id post the pinpics ID but I dont know if it goes against any rules or anything but seeing as Ive tried multiple times to try and see if the username exists it turns up nothing so its a strange one...

Happened to me this morning also. I sent you a PM with the user name.

And from past experience, it could be someone who was previously banned from PinPics and they are trying to register under a different name, but all those names get banned/deleted also. Could they be going by IP address? Or how would they know it was the same person?

I think it is someone that was banned in the past and keeps creating new accounts. They will create an account, send out requests, and then by morning the Pinpics team catches and removes them. I'm pretty positive that this is what is going on.

Oh, and you can send a request out from your owns two different ways:

1) temporarily add it to your trades, create all of your requests, and then take it off or
2) go directly into the pin and click on the "What could I get for trading this pin" link

Last edited:
Happened to me this morning also. I sent you a PM with the user name.

And from past experience, it could be someone who was previously banned from PinPics and they are trying to register under a different name, but all those names get banned/deleted also. Could they be going by IP address? Or how would they know it was the same person?

I think Pinpic can use IP address, but I could tell it was the same person just by looking at the pins they were adding to their lists. Same with people that have changed their Pinpics names. There was a long time person on Pinpics that I specificly didn't want to send requests to and then after the fall of Dizpins I was really surprised to see that their account didn't exist anymore. But I think I finally figured out that they just changed names.

I think I was sent a request from this person as well...

They sent me this "too good to be true" request:

************* offers PrincessBecky this pin: Pin 27857 (Disney Auctions - Masterpiece Series #2 (Stitch Blue Boy))
In return for one of these pins:
Pin 78219 (Alice in Wonderland Tea Cup Mystery Pin Set -- Cheshire Cat pin only)

And when I went to look at their trades, etc. they were no longer registered.

This has happened to me a few times...I just don't respond and stay away. :)

There was a long time person on Pinpics that I specificly didn't want to send requests to and then after the fall of Dizpins I was really surprised to see that their account didn't exist anymore. But I think I finally figured out that they just changed names.

Yes, he changed his username. I got so excited to see one of my most wanted pins with a new trader, only to figure out it was the same one...

That is so sad that people do things like that just to scam somebody out of a pin! Definitely avoid people like that! :-(

I think I got a pinpics request this morning from the same person you are talking about. After reading your thread, I too am weary. Their pin pics id on the trade request, does not show up on pinpics under their wants, traders, or collection. In fact, it says they are not registered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back