• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pinpics Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinpics Question

hayleygurl9693

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey everyone
I'm getting the hang of logging all my pins into pinpics, but im still a little confused on how the whole trading thing works...

Its my understanding that if you and another trader have pins you both want/need you can send i a request to trade one pin for the other, is that correct?

Also, how safe is it to trade on here? have people had problems not receiving their pins?

And finally, are most trades made through mail, where you both pay S&H for your own pin?

Thanks!

Welcome aboard, Hayley. First of all, once you load your tradeables and your wants into Pinpics, when you get to a pin page of a pin you want, there is a link towards the bottom, "what can I trade to get this pin?" This takes you to the automated page where all "matches" of people who are trading that pin are listed assuming you have something they want. You can click the checkbox and an automated request will be sent early (about 4am, I believe) the following morning.

Courtesy dictates that you don't offer an HM for an LE 1000, for example. Often, you won't get a response from the person who receives that type of unfair request.

As far as success, every time you trade with a stranger, you're taking a risk. That being said, I've had about 4 bad experiences and over 100 good ones, so that's not too shabby. You can check out references (and leave them) on www.dizpins.com, "Reference Center". I would advise doing this. Of course, since you're a newbie, other traders might be wary trading with YOU, since you have no references, and you might need to send your pin first, and allow them to send your new pin after receiving your old one first.

Yes, each sender pays postage and is ultimately responsible for ensuring their pin "makes it."

Best of luck, and have fun!

Last edited:
Hayley, maybe for your first trade, you might want to try to find someone here on the forum. Once you get a fair number of your wants and your traders entered you can click on the links under the other member's avatars to find someone who has matches for your wants & traders. It's usually safer, but you'll want to enter all of your traders and all of your wants in order to increase the chances of matching with anyone either here or via the trade assistant on pin pics.

Best of luck!

Hi Hayley
If you wanna trade..I am game..I have over 250 refs here in my feedback..I have traded with I think everyone here,pne way or another I think
I see our matches we have nothing to trade,but you have this LE1500
pin70067
LE 2000
pin69788

If you wanna look at my traders maybe we can work something out as long its in the same LE

Thank you so much for helping out so much! tiggermickey thank you for the offer! i will def look at your pins and get back to you :)

Welcome!!!

I have nothing in my traders that you are looking for, but if you ever want to trade, please feel free to let me know. :)

Thank you,

Vicki

I would be interested in trading for [pinpics]69165[/pinpics] if I have something for trade that you would like.

I would be interested in trading for [pinpics]69165[/pinpics] if I have something for trade that you would like.
There are a few i would love to trade for but i feel like some would not a be a fair trade haha. Ill send you a PM with the ones i am interested in :)

also, could someone please tell me how to link pictures on here?? I havent used a froum since i was 12 and cant figure it out for the life of me haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back