• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Please help me! Cars 2 Max LE 150 SCRAPPER?!?! :((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me! Cars 2 Max LE 150 SCRAPPER?!?! :((

WolfieMuffin

New DPF Member
Rating - 76.2%
12   5   4
This pin was my holy grail and I finally bought one off ebay. It came in today and it was on the DSF Cars 2 back but wasn't sealed. After examining the back i got worried, especially after comparing to another REAL DSF Cars 2 pin. Im so upset, is this real?? :(

back of my Max pin:
IMG02213-20110906-2002.jpg
IMG02216-20110906-2003.jpg
FRONT

My Other Cars 2 pin back
IMG02217-20110906-2003.jpg
[/IMG]

PLEASE help :(

It also has white stuff around the posts

This kind of thing drives us all nuts. Yes, your pin is 100% real and authentic. What you are seeing is not the telltale border of a fake or counterfeit pin. For some reason, some pins with back patterns, DSF, WDI, and others have this "border" and it worries some people. The difference between your border in question and the border on a fake is that on a fake, the border is raised, and it looks like there is a fine pencil line of extra metal that runs all the way around the pin. On your pin back, the pattern just stops and falls short of the edge. I know its confusing, and it is a pain in the rear that Disney started doing this to us, but it happens. For good close up pics of what the raised border on fakes look like, check out two of the stickyed posts at the top of this part of the forum, one started by me and especially one started by IAmDisneyDan. The pics Dan posted show you what a fake border looks like up close so you can see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back