• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PODM -Tangeled Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
PODM -Tangeled Release
Just out of curiosity...does anyone know if you are able to "switch out" a PODM pin you bought for a different one? My sister got me a few this morning...but if I am able to go to WDW in the morning and they happen to have a scene I like better (just speculating), am I able to switch out my previously purchased pin for the new pin? Has anyone done this before?

I think it depends in the cast member. We did it a bunch last year and we exchanged at different stores. In essence your returning an item for the same item as if the pin had a defect or something. They would gladly do that.

I say go for it. It would probably work. :)

No, I seriously think it's a DLR thing :( A woman was having a panic attack, and a few other people got in arguments with CMs because they couldn't see more than 4 at a time. One of the CMs who helped me actually was really frustrated with them... so he kind of let me look at a little more and helped me find the scenes I wanted since I was polite :'D

I have had this same experience a couple times last year when there were good and bad scenes. People yelling at cast members is just not cool. There is absolutely no cause for it. They are just doing their job and doing what they are told to do. A lot of cast members I have talked to hate these pins because of the craziness that comes with them.

I have had this same experience a couple times last year when there were good and bad scenes. People yelling at cast members is just not cool. There is absolutely no cause for it. They are just doing their job and doing what they are told to do. A lot of cast members I have talked to hate these pins because of the craziness that comes with them.

Id hate it too if I was doing what I was told by the shift leads and being yelled at because of it. Being polite and kind usually gets better results anyway. Makes them want to help you out and puts everyone in a good mood for the next person and then the next. It's a great cycle. :)

After debating about it, i've decided that this pin release really opened my eyes. Seeing how aggressive some of the traders were and all of their hassles is so that they could sell the pins for a LARGE profit. I did purchase more than 2 but I do them strictly as traders... not to make money and sell them for 60+ dollars... Anyone think that people like this kill the magic.

it kind of sucks people sell pins to make a profit, i was talking to some of the people in line about this issue.

OK, the juvenile, rude behavior at pin releases needs to cease. They dropped the rope and I was literally SHOVED me out of the way. I HOPE I see them at the DSF release Saturday, as I will have no reservations for walking up to them and calling them out.

Like the flight controller said in Top Gun...I WANT SOME ___!

such a depressing day. We got to DLR right at 9am, with kids in tow, it can be hard tyo do an early morning. We got in line at West Ho, the line was around the cannon and out to main st....I left my hubby there with one of the kids and went to toon town. Toontown, I had a baby strapped to me so I couldn't run to get in line as it opened, so even though I was in front of the gate, ahead of lots of people, I didn't get one in toontown because people basically ran to the five n dime. (not to mention a couple people cut in by letting a friend run ahead and they sedately walked up and joined them in line....)

~We missed getting ANY of the pins from Westward Ho by 5 people. 5 people! UG!
~Little green men was sold out right at 9am basically, so we didnt bother going there except to inquire later and see if a CM "found" some.
~Toontown only had 1 pack of them.
~Fly N buy was sold out fast because folks could get in early from California hotel.
~We got 2, at World of disney in DTD because they released late and I was going to check on a chance.... But those 2 were for a friend of ours who had to work today and they gave us money to get them.

So, if anyone has one, I would really like to trade for one with Maximus as the primary characture for my horse collection. I will update my trades list tonight as we did do trading today at the park.

I think what is most depressing is knowing that lots of people picked up 6 or 8 of them, and that at WDW they were still in stock this evening....

**sigh** OK grousing and complaining done. I am over it.

I have been collecting this series since Cinderella and this was the worst I have ever seen it. Not in terms of scenes or fights, but just desperation to get anything! There were so many people there. Many many many many more than usual. After a little while you just had to grab any scene you could get your hands on. I am shocked at how fast these sold out. I hope Mermaid is not this crazy.

I believe little mermaid will be a bit more crazy only because its popular. I think these pins are getting more popular as more releases come out. I started this trading collecting hobby not so long ago, and lots of people are telling me about theses pins. I saw people running like the famous lion king scene with poor simba! Simba was no where to be found though. hahah. Im sorry for those who didn't get pins!, people were out of control. people should leave these pins to those heartwarmed collectors who really want them because they are fans,, not to make a profit. some of these pins are going for 99 dollars on ebay.

Another story I heard this morning was about this guy who went to complain at cityhall because the cast member didn't let him see 12 pins but only 8. He was upset and went to complain, he walked out with some good nice scenes though, so Im not sure why he was upset to complained.

I believe little mermaid will be a bit more crazy only because its popular. I think these pins are getting more popular as more releases come out. I started this trading collecting hobby not so long ago, and lots of people are telling me about theses pins. I saw people running like the famous lion king scene with poor simba! Simba was no where to be found though. hahah. Im sorry for those who didn't get pins!, people were out of control. people should leave these pins to those heartwarmed collectors who really want them because they are fans,, not to make a profit. some of these pins are going for 99 dollars on ebay.

I was simba, I decided to get out of line and let my gf and friend get in line for me. I have a torn acl so I couldn't run with everyone ahhaah.

Update.

DTD sold out.
DCA sold out.
Little Green Men sold out.
Emporium sold out.
Toontown sold out.
Frontier Land will sell out by 11:00. Long line.
WOD will sell out by 11:00. Long line. Less than 50 left.

By noon DLR will be completely sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You said DTD was sold out by 10:39? My mom and sisters were there in line around that time and they still had plenty of pins. :)

You said DTD was sold out by 10:39? My mom and sisters were there in line around that time and they still had plenty of pins. :)
On my way back to the the DTD parking lot. I did get in that line for one last hope for another trader. Nope, missed it by 7 people. It was about 10:50 when they sold out as the cast member came out to tell us sorry all gone.

such a depressing day. We got to DLR right at 9am, with kids in tow, it can be hard tyo do an early morning. We got in line at West Ho, the line was around the cannon and out to main st....I left my hubby there with one of the kids and went to toon town. Toontown, I had a baby strapped to me so I couldn't run to get in line as it opened, so even though I was in front of the gate, ahead of lots of people, I didn't get one in toontown because people basically ran to the five n dime. (not to mention a couple people cut in by letting a friend run ahead and they sedately walked up and joined them in line....)

~We missed getting ANY of the pins from Westward Ho by 5 people. 5 people! UG!
~Little green men was sold out right at 9am basically, so we didnt bother going there except to inquire later and see if a CM "found" some.
~Toontown only had 1 pack of them.
~Fly N buy was sold out fast because folks could get in early from California hotel.
~We got 2, at World of disney in DTD because they released late and I was going to check on a chance.... But those 2 were for a friend of ours who had to work today and they gave us money to get them.

So, if anyone has one, I would really like to trade for one with Maximus as the primary characture for my horse collection. I will update my trades list tonight as we did do trading today at the park.

I think what is most depressing is knowing that lots of people picked up 6 or 8 of them, and that at WDW they were still in stock this evening....

**sigh** OK grousing and complaining done. I am over it.
:( It sounds like you had a really horrible time.

It makes me laugh how some people will complain about an eBay seller having multiples of this pin listed, yet not many people are complaining about the fact that some traders have managed to pick up like six or eight of this pin for trading. Whether a person has bought eight to sell or eight to trade, it has still stopped people like yourself from getting even a single one just to keep. I'm not even shocked when thing like this happen anymore. Doesn't mean it's any less upsetting though for the people affected.

for me personally those that get a lot to sell on the bay are not nice if you want two. one for yourself and one to trade that is ok with me, but to push and shove to get in line is absolutely crazy I would have said something at the time I can see why the CM get a little on the nasty side would not blame them one bit, but also they are to be nice no matter what
saying: Customer is always right, no matter

But being nice is always a plus anytime anywhere

I have had good fortune when trading out pins at stores. As long as the pin your trading is a new release they never seem to mind.

Tangled was my first major POMH release and it really opened my eyes to how true all the past stories, of people running, pushing, shoving, and basically doing absolutely anything for these pins, were.

It was very frustrating, to say the least, to be at the ropes, on two occasions, and be completely blown away by the surge of people, once the rope dropped. I ended up last, each of the two times, simply because I wasn't willing to shove and run to the front in what was basically a free for all, might is right, situation.

Guess I'll have to begin sprint training, for the Little Mermaid release, since Disney doesn't seem willing to simply line people up on a "first come; first served" basis and create an orderly line with vouchers, for pin purchases. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back