• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Possible Scrapper Jessicas???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible Scrapper Jessicas???

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There is a seller on ebay with a quite a few Jessica pins, but when you look at the photos of some of the pins, Jessica and/or Roger's eyes are metal? Would anyone be interested in PMing me for the username and see if these are possible scrapper pins?

I need to step out for a bit, but pls PM me the seller's name. A lot of DS.com LE Jessicas as well as some WDI Jessica's have been scrappered imo.

I can get back to you in the early evening.

if there are only one of each then i wouldnt worry,
if there are ended auctions for the same rare pins then i would be hesitant.
i've seen this with the happy haunts pieces.
12 people selling the le 25 bird pins. without owning one it is hard to know
If there is metal where there should be none then i would assume scrapper. it was cheaper not to cut out all the pieces of the pin for scrapper making

Kirk

if there are only one of each then i wouldnt worry,
if there are ended auctions for the same rare pins then i would be hesitant.
i've seen this with the happy haunts pieces.
12 people selling the le 25 bird pins. without owning one it is hard to know
If there is metal where there should be none then i would assume scrapper. it was cheaper not to cut out all the pieces of the pin for scrapper making

Kirk

Thank you very much! Very useful advice! :) I am not buying, can't afford ANYTHING right now, but am ALWAYS watching ebay, lol, I am an addict! :lol: :eek: But whether I am buying or not, if I see something like this, I like to find out so I can warn other collectors to steer clear! :D After sending the name to Merryweather, Selen also pointed out that the name itself is basically screaming scammer, which I did not even put a thought to the name! Thanks again! :)

I do know there are either scrap or counterifet pins out there of the old ds jumbo jessicas. I have an authentic Jess as Esmeralda, and a friend ended up with a scrap one. Unless you held them next to eachother it was almost impossible to tell. But the scrap version had thicker gold lines, the skin was a slightly greyer tint, and the gold back bas almost silvery and slightly aged looking.

Please PM me the name and I'll take a look at it. I own or have owned many Jessica pins, particularly the older pins.

I looked at the seller and pins quickly. One red flag for me is that (s)he also sells Hard Rock Cafe pins. One might want to look further into his feedback to see if same HRC pins are repeating.

There is at least one other Ebay seller I know of who is confirmed for selling fake Jesscia pins and she also used to also sell HRC pins.

I do know there are either scrap or counterifet pins out there of the old ds jumbo jessicas. I have an authentic Jess as Esmeralda, and a friend ended up with a scrap one.

I suspect one Ebay seller for flooding the market with fake jumbo Jessicas for over a year. There used to be sellers here and there, but this one is doing it systematically. He is the only one who sells Halloween jumbo Jessicas as well as Haloween costumed Tinker Bell pins at the same time.

Sadly, he also sells DA LE 100 pins complete with halograms. I have been watching his auctions for over a year and he always mixes legit pins with fakes. While combing his feedback on Ebay to see how often his low LE pins repeat, I have seen that too many DPF people have bought from him. He even sells ds.com LE 125 Tink Halloween pins. I have seen him listing this LE 125 Set (73386 DisneyStore.com - Tinker Bell Masquerade Party Set ) over and over again. It is a shame !!

Last edited:
Merryweather could you possibly PM me the seller you were talking about in your last post? I think I know who it is but really not definite.
Ahh so annoying, these sellers !

Merryweather,

I took a look at the auctions, and they don't look scrapped, just badly photographed. None of the pins the person's selling have had any scrapper warnings so there's no reason to think they are fake. I own or owned all but one of the pins this person is selling of Jessica and mine (which I bought directly from Disney) look the same just the photos light up the metal parts a bit more than they really are.

If the seller mentioned above is who I think you're referring to, I purchased the Tinkerbell Masquerade set from him a while ago. The pins are definitely not scrappers - they are in perfect condition & come on their original cards and bags. I remember when these pins went on sale & how quickly they sold out (couldn't even get them in my shopping cart at midnight on the day they were released!). I'm guessing this seller probably bought a ton of these that night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back