• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Posting new threads

Several of the forums (in the Marketplace section, especially) have a minimum post count requirement. I think it's 25. It's to cut down on potential scammers, or people who are only looking to sell stuff and not become a member of the community. You can reply to threads, but you can't start your own in the Marketplace until you get to the minimum post count.

Several of the forums (in the Marketplace section, especially) have a minimum post count requirement. I think it's 25. It's to cut down on potential scammers, or people who are only looking to sell stuff and not become a member of the community. You can reply to threads, but you can't start your own in the Marketplace until you get to the minimum post count.

This is correct. for anyone having hte same issues with creating threads, it is explained in the "Rules & Guidelines" forum under the title "FAQ: Why can't I post in the marketplace?" -- http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?9000-FAQ-quot-Why-Can-t-I-Post-in-the-Marketplace-quot

In short, the minimum requirement to post a for sale thread is 30 posts total and you must have been a member on DPF for at least 10 days.

this is a common practice among some other large forums with marketplace forums as well, and it is an effort to form a more tightly-knit collector/selling/trading community. It will also help sellers move their items if other members see that they have been active on the forum in other areas, and thus will be more inclined to make a purchase/trade. It is admittedly not fool-proof, but putting up a small barrier helps weed out scammers or those who aren't serious about selling or trading their items.

Back