• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTD - fake or real? Scat Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTD - fake or real? Scat Cat

jumah

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I've been interested in purchasing the new Scat Cat PTD that came out last Thursday I believe. I have been looking on FB groups and on EBay, and every single back of the Scat Cat pin seems to be fake. It was my understanding that if the ice cream design has a boarder around the edges of the pin, it's a fake. All of the backs I have seen for there from various sources are all the same, and have a border. However the Sven PTD pin that came out with the Scat Cat had the ice cream design go all the way to the edge of the pin.
Whats up with that? Does anyone have a Scat Cat that doesn't have the boarder around it?

Thanks

V7vuydm.jpg

3nY0i4h.png

Last edited:
The majority of DSF/DSSH pins have some type of border around them. That doesn't mean that they are fake.

There are only a few known fakes of PTDS and DSF/DSSH pins:
1. Tinker Bell holding cherry PTD
2. Rapunzel/Flynn Chair pin

I forgot the others

Other fakes include the Jessica Decades pins, and the Soda Jerk LE300 series (chip & dale, mickey & goofy, stitch).

Not sure what happened to my first post but here it is again.

Hello everyone,

I've been interested in purchasing the new Scat Cat PTD that came out last Thursday I believe. I have been looking on FB groups and on EBay, and every single back of the Scat Cat pin seems to be fake. It was my understanding that if the ice cream design has a boarder around the edges of the pin, it's a fake. All of the backs I have seen for there from various sources are all the same, and have a border. However the Sven PTD pin that came out with the Scat Cat had the ice cream design go all the way to the edge of the pin.
Whats up with that? Does anyone have a Scat Cat that doesn't have the boarder around it?

Thanks

V7vuydm.jpg

3nY0i4h.png

-Not sure what happened to my first post, but here it is again-

Hello everyone,

V7vuydm.jpg

3nY0i4h.png

I got my pin in, it feels extra light and the front looks like this. The two other fake pins I have, they have the same groves on them.
Does this change anyone's opinions about its authenticity?
Oe7M9RZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back