• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

question about DOOMBGY License Plate (Pin 77137) - which is fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
question about DOOMBGY License Plate (Pin 77137) - which is fake?

imp

Evil Fairy
DPF Moderator
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I have 2 versions of this pin, one with white lettering and one with yellow lettering, and I'm wondering which one (if any) is authentic. In the Pinpics photo, the lettering looks like a very pale yellow, but it's difficult to be sure because the photo may not be true to colour. Does anyone have a pin that they know to be authentic? I'm including a photo of both my pins. The bottom one (with yellow lettering) seems to be better quality, but the yellow is quite a bit darker than the lettering in the Pinpics photo.

7add0bc5-cf5f-4db4-96b8-fb09ec89e2f6_zpsve7wzbqg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have that pin as well, but I traded for it. I believe it's supposed to either glow in the dark or represent that look. So, the yellow one is the most accurate one.

Is it just the photo or is the bottom one bigger as well? The black border also looks thicker.

They're the same size. The overall border is the same size in both pins BUT the silver outlines are thicker in the top pin, so that the black portion of the border is slighter thicker in the bottom pin.

Just checked mine and it looks exactly the same as the one on Pinpics. So, unless they did multiple runs of this pin they may both be fake. Can you post pics of the backs?

Here is the problem. They both could be legit. They are from a booster set and as such they can keep re issuing them. Very possible they are from different lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back